InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] For easily installing vanilla snow leo. (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4041)

Gurruwiwi 09-12-2009 05:58 PM

Fantastic work man! Havn't tried it as I've only just managed to get full functioning install, but during next week I'll try on a fresh drive to test this.

But I only disagree on one thing... I thnk this community is MUCH better than the "insane" one. It is really insane over there, albeit the amount of info it contains.

Keep up the good vibes!!

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 06:06 PM

ok not to worry...

do this...

take ur usb thingy and plug into ur pc and boot into it...

when chameleon shows up, press any key and interrupt it... so u can type something...

type this:

"DSDT=nothing.aml" without quotes

and select the installer disk from the list of drives and boot into the installer...

what that will do is that will temporarily not load the macbook dsdt file...

after u get into the installer, bring up the terminal and repeat the process for ur pc harddrive... it will generate a patched dsdt.aml for ur gigabyte board...

or u dont like typing, simply delete the following file from ur usb drive:

"/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/dsdt.aml"

if booting the installer without a dsdt.aml on ur giga doesnt work, i cant really help u with that since i dont have that motherboard...

and dont worry about the MBR error... that is normal...

drossxyu 09-12-2009 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, so i was able to boot off my usb drive (hooray!). I got into the installer and the first thing I did was format my drive to journaled,case-sensitive,and GUID. I then went to the terminal and ran your script off the thumb drive and got the attached error.

drossxyu 09-12-2009 06:43 PM

I should mention that I deleted the dsdt.aml from the usb drive... thanks so much for helping me through this. This is a fun rainy saturday activity...

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 06:57 PM

heh... baffling...

its saying that the files are missing from the filez folder...

try this for now, until i fix up the script...

in the installer, launch terminal and type as follows:

cd /snow-installer
./installnow

see if launching the script that way works...

oh and btw, remember those two files u replaced with the 10.5 versions (clear and xxd)? they wont work on this 10.6 installer. u need to replace those with the 10.6 versions on ur usb drive from my zip file before booting up with the usb again...

im trying to fix the script work now without all these glitches... so hang in there... ill try my best...

do report any other troubles until then...

drossxyu 09-12-2009 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so a combination of copying over the original 10.6 clear and xxd files and running installnow from within the directory must have fixed it. Your script seemed to run fine so I went ahead with the install. With about 11 min left on the install I get this lovely 'Install Failed' Message.. boo..

when I restart I get a 'CMOS checksum error'. It then restarts and I'm back to booting osx off the thumb drive.. although 2 partitions labeled 'osx' show up in chameleon.

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 07:48 PM

in that case try this:

dont run the script before installing to your target...

install first... after install, restart and come back into the installer and run the script...

see if u can get the installer to finish that way... if the installer doesnt run properly before running my script, it has to be something not related to my script... cos this way, the script hasnt done anything...

anyways, try that and lemme knoe... oh and click "window" > "installer log" and take a snap of that too so we can see what exactly went wrong...

drossxyu 09-12-2009 07:50 PM

I took a look at the log in the terminal again after I ran your script. There are two things are curious:

-I get a 'sh: clear: command not found' twice.. the original clear command is definitely in there..

And then there is :

Enter 'help' for information
fdisk: 1> Partition 2 marked active
fdisk:*1> Writing current MBR to disk.
Device could not be accessed exclusively

The last line in particular doesn't seem right..

Those are the only clues I can find right now..

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 07:54 PM

oh and also try booting into ur new "OSX" partition and see what happens (despite the error)...

and if u are able to boot into ur new "OSX" while having the usb plugged in, that means the installer did just fine and chameleon didnt get installed properly to that disk...

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurruwiwi (Post 34550)
But I only disagree on one thing... I thnk this community is MUCH better than the "insane" one.

ooooops i made a booboo :-)

u see what happened was i posted this thing first over at the insane one and copied and pasted it here and forgot to edit it... cos i used to spend more time there...

but yeh i agree with u totally that this infinite one :-) is quite good as well...

i think most of the ppl here are over there as well... :-)