InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] For easily installing vanilla snow leo. (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4041)

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 03:55 AM

[ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] For easily installing vanilla snow leo.

1 Attachment(s)
What is this?

This is a script which lets you do quick and easy Snow Leopard installs by automating the pre-install preparation process.

What exactly does the script do?

It takes care of the following:
  • Installs Chameleon 2 RC3 boot loader
  • Creates a patched dsdt.aml file for your specific motherboard
  • Installs the required kexts + boot plist
Why use this?
  • Fully automated - you only need to tell it where to install
  • No more typing commands in terminal
  • No more editing plist files
    • No need for EFI strings for nVidia graphics cards. Chameleon 2 RC3 detects them automatically.
    • No need for disk UUID strings. Again, Chameleon takes care of it.
  • Can install to any disk/partition, even to raid helper partitions
  • Can be used from within Leopard 10.5 or Snow Leopard 10.6
  • Can be used straight from the retail Snow Leo Installer DVD (follow guide below).
  • Not specific to a certain motherboard make/model.
  • Helps doing a basic pure vanilla installation quickly.
  • Can easily customize for your needs.
    • Can easily add any additional kexts for your system
    • The source code is editable
Warning:

This is not meant for complete noobs. It will not magically give you a working Snow Leopard install. The upcoming iKaros distro is recommended for that.

How do I use this?

This script could be used in a few different ways but here's the easiest way that i could come up with to get a working Snow Leo installation quickly.

Brief guide (for experienced/intermediate hackintoshers):
  1. Restore the retail "Snow Leopard Install DVD" to a read/write disk partition (hdd or usb flash drive).
  2. Download and extract the attached zip file to your desktop.
  3. Add any additional kexts your system needs to the following location: (see tip #2 below)
    • "desktop/snow-installer/filez/Extra/Extensions/"
  4. Run the script from your "desktop/snow-installer/installnow" by double-clicking on it or via the terminal.
  5. Go through the on-screen prompts. Select the above restored install dvd partition as the target.
    • For ex: "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD" so that the installer dvd partition becomes bootable.
  6. Copy the folder "desktop/snow-installer" to the above restored location.
    • For ex: "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/"
  7. Restart the computer and boot into the above install dvd disk/partition.
  8. After the retail installer loads, go to the menu and click "Utilities" > "Terminal" and type the following to launch the script again:
    • "/snow-installer/installnow"
  9. Go through the prompts again and select your ultimate Snow Leo destination disk/partition.
    • For ex: "/Volumes/MySnowLeo"
  10. Close the terminal and continue with the retail snow leopard installer and select the same location you chose in step 9 as the target for installing.
    • "/Volumes/MySnowLeo"
That's it in 10 easy steps!!!

Is this guaranteed to work?

Hell no!!! No guarantees...
Use at your own risk...

This is just a tool that i made to make my life easier when doing new OSX installations for myself and friends. Just wanted to give something back to the community.

I apologize in advance if i don't answer your questions in a timely manner. Im sure all the other knowledgeable members here will step in and help...

Last but not least... My heartfelt gratitude goes out to the following people:

-The Chameleon Team (for a kick ass boot loader)
-Netkas (for fakesmc)
-Fassl (for the dsdt patcher)
-Voodoo Team (for voodoohda and voodoops2)
-Psystar (for openhaltrestart)
-iAtkos Team (for giving me my first fully working hackintosh)
-Everyone else that's made OSX86 a reality.

LONG LIVE THE HACKINTOSH SCENE!!!

Note for non-nVidia graphics card users:

If your graphics card is not nVidia, chameleon's auto graphics detection will not work. Before doing anything, please edit the file "desktop/snow-installer/filez/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and change the "Yes" to "No" where it says:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Then you will have to take whatever measure necessary to add the proper graphics card support by using EFI strings, injectors/enablers, custom kexts, etc. Just search the web/forums for help with that...

Tip 1:

Before running this script, please go through your bios setup and make sure that the following(or similar) are enabled if available. these settings help in trouble[free/less] booting.

hpet(high precision event timer), sata ahci, intel xd(execute disable bit), intel vt (virtualization technology), acpi 2, s3 sleep state, intel speedstep

even if they are not available, just give it a whirl and see what happens.

Tip 2:

The kexts that are included in this package are only the real basic ones that are required to get a basic vanilla system running on any modern desktop assuming it has sata hdd's with ahci support + multi core intel processor + intel chipset on southbridge etc...

You may have to add any additional kexts your system might need for ex: sound + network + ide hdd support etc. if they are not detected by the stock kexts that come with snow leo...

The best way to figure out what additional kexts are needed, is to look at a guide specifically written for you motherboard or computer model and see which kexts are missing and simply add them in step 3 of the above guide.

Tip 3:

Some kexts such as network card drivers, sound drivers (voodoohda) do not work from "/Extra/Extensions" if that's the case for you, simply move them to "/System/Library/Extensions" once you get your basic snow leo up and running.

Tip 4:

After messing with the "/System/Library/Extensions" always issue the following commands in the terminal so that there wont be any errors regarding permissions and outdated boot caches:
  • sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
  • sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
  • sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
  • sudo touch /system/library/extensions
Tip 5:

This script generates and places a dsdt.aml file on the target disk which will only work with the computer you ran it on.

If you want to try booting that disk on a different computer, you can temporarily disable the loading of the patched dsdt.aml by interrupting chameleon at boot time by pressing any key and typing in the following:

"DSDT=nothing.aml" without quotes.

Tip 6:

The
patched dsdt.aml currently does not include the "cmos reset fix" which is required if your bios/cmos gets corrupted/reset everytime you reboot. So if your mobo suffers from this problem, you will have to edit your dsdt manually. Guide's can be found on the net on how to do that...

Im currently trying to learn the C language so i can update Fassl's dsdt patcher code with the cmos reset fix. If any of you C pros out there would like to help, that would be great!!!

Revision History
:

v1.0:
  • Initial release
v1.1
  • fixed issues encountered when running from within leopard 10.5
  • solved bash external command dependencies when running from the retail dvd installer
  • increased error checking for trouble[free/less] operation
  • enabled manual volume mounting/unmounting in case of error
  • updated the guide for better and trouble[free/less] install experience
Request from the pros:

If you think any of the info on this post is incorrect or could be improved, please do let me know...

And you guys are welcome to edit the script and make improvements to it. Just send me a copy so i can post it up here...

InteliMacPro 09-12-2009 04:18 AM

I'm sitting here wondering if it would fix my dsdt recompiling problem, cuz if all it does is the basic patch dsdt/iasl decompile/recompile, i'm screwed. I have to force compile and get an error and three warnings, then i edit it, and it won't recompile because of said errors/warnings. Nice work though.

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 04:34 AM

aha...

yeh this script only does the basic dump > fix > compile using fasssl's dsdt patcher... which is usually enough to get a machine to boot without any hitches...

question: what dsdt patches are u trying to apply? cos ur mobo has the ich9r chipset, which is exactly what my mobo has and the only non-standard dsdt fix im using is the "uhci/ehci devices to ich10" hack in order to get my machine to go to sleep...

clarification: this script dumps whatever dsdt table u have in memory when it runs... so if u somehow have a manually patched dsdt loaded atm, that will be what is used from now onwards...

if u somehow have a weird bios and ur stock dsdt is screwed up, try doing all the hacks by hand using this tool:
http://www.osx86.es/?p=610

good luck!!!

InteliMacPro 09-12-2009 04:44 AM

i don't think i've ever applied a dsdt mod... I tried it with force compile on the iPC install disc awhile back, but i never noticed if it worked. The only thing i need it for is to get my cmos to stop resetting, otherwise i wouldn't care about it. Although I'd love to be able to get mine to sleep/wake. It's never done that and I haven't ever really put much time into getting it to work.

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 04:49 AM

u only got to change a single line for the cmos reset fix right... change a 4 to 2 or something right... cant remember...

try doing that with DSDTSE app i posted earlier...

it also has fixes for a lot of compile errors u might be getting...

InteliMacPro 09-12-2009 04:51 AM

yeah i just downloaded it. I'll give it a try. I've gotten the line edited, where i run into the problem is on recompiling it back to an .aml. Using iaslme it just gives me a log file. I'll give dsdtse a shot though. thanks :)

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 04:53 AM

attach ur dsdt.dsl file ill give it a shot as well...

InteliMacPro 09-12-2009 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go. I included the log too. You probably don't need it but i don't know how to find the problems without it. Thanks for taking a look. Feel like i'm hijacking your thread here.

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 06:26 AM

done

1 Attachment(s)
no worries mate!!!

here's ur dsdt all fixed up...

do test it on ur machine let me know if its working properly...

good luck!!!

InteliMacPro 09-12-2009 08:16 AM

I could freakin' KISS you. Works like a champ. No more cmos reset. THANK YOU. I've been beating my head against that one for the last 3 days.

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 08:31 AM

haha my gf wouldnt like that :-)

anyways... glad 2 be of service...

drossxyu 09-12-2009 04:20 PM

First off.. thanks so much for making a script like this. It's going to save me a lot of time and headaches. When I ran installNow off my thumb drive i got the error right off the bat:

'dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/snow-installer/installnow: line 191: 3020 Trace/BPT trap ./filez/clear
AUTOMATED PRE INSTALL PREP FOR SNOW LEO 10.6'

It continues to give me similar looking errors as I progress through the install. I actually haven't tried letting it finish the process as I didn't think it would install correctly w\ these errors.

Any Ideas? Thanks..

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 04:44 PM

ok... i think i might know whats going on...

are u currently running an osx version that is not 10.6? are u running the script from within leo 10.5?

the problem is: the "clear" file which i've included in the package is from my 10.6 and it might not be compatible with ur osx version.

just do this... grab the following files from your current osx and put them inside the script directory replacing the existing ones:

1. "/usr/bin/clear" to "snow-installer/filez"
2. "/usr/bin/xxd" to "snow-installer/filez/dsdt/tools"

the reason i included these files was cos they are not available on the snow installer dvd...

ill think of a proper fix for this when i get some free time...

thanks for the feedback!!!

drossxyu 09-12-2009 04:56 PM

To be more specific I get this error several times before it asks me to enter my disk number:

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/snow-installer/installnow: line 191: 273 Trace/BPT trap ./filez/clear

I chose the following destination as my target ( thumb drive ):

2: Apple_HFS hackintoshInstall 7.2 Gi disk1s2

After choosing 'Yes' I get that same error again:

/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/snow-installer/installnow: line 157: 368 Trace/BPT trap ./filez/clear
Is the following, your target partition?

I choose 'Yes' One more time and it starts to copy files. More errors Ensue:

/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/snow-installer/installnow: line 144: 375 Trace/BPT trap ./filez/clear
file copying done...
waiting 3 secs...
Volume hackintoshInstall on disk1s2 failed to unmount
waiting 3 secs...

Installing Chameleon boot0 file...

Installing Chameleon boot1h file...

dd: /dev/disk1s2: Resource busy

flagging partition as bootable...

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory
Enter 'help' for information
fdisk: 1> Partition 2 marked active.
fdisk:*1> Writing current MBR to disk.
Device could not be accessed exclusively.
A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n]
waiting 3 secs...

There are a few more of those same 'dyld' errors after this. I went ahead and tried to just boot off my usb stick anyway and I got the error:

boot0: GPT
boot0:testing
boot0:testing
boot0:error_

It just sits there, cursor blinking, until I reboot. Any ideas?

drossxyu 09-12-2009 04:58 PM

Ah.. I'll give that a shot. Yeah, i'm using 10.5.7. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

drossxyu 09-12-2009 05:12 PM

Excellent. Copying those files over from my 10.5.7 got rid of the 'dyld' errors, but now I need to figure out these:

file copying done...
waiting 3 secs...
Volume hackintoshInstall on disk1s2 failed to unmount
waiting 3 secs...

dd: /dev/disk1s2: Resource busy

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory
Device could not be accessed exclusively.
A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n]
waiting 3 secs...

Volume hackintoshInstall on /dev/disk1s2 mounted
waiting 3 secs...

Installing Chameleon boot file...

going to generate a dsdt.aml for your mobo now…
/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/snow-installer/installnow: line 65: /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/dsdtpatcher: No such file or directory

copying the patched dsdt.aml to /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra
cp: /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/dsdt.aml: No such file or directory

I'm using a sandisk USB drive that mounts this stupid 'U3 system' thing. Could this be interfering with anything?

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 05:21 PM

looks like the chameleon files didnt get installed due to being unable to unmount the volume.

looks like my quick and easy method has a flaw in it...

do this for now until i fix up the script...

1. instead of copying the script over to the restored osx installer dvd volume, just run it from within ur primary osx volume... (so that the installer dvd volume is able to unmount)

2. after the restored installer dvd volume is made bootable (by running the script from a different location than from it self), copy the script files over to the dvd volume (so u can use it after booting into the installer)

do this and let me know how u go...

ps: it would help if you could copy-n-paste the whole output of the script...

drossxyu 09-12-2009 05:32 PM

Ran it off my desktop on 10.5.7 machine. Copied over the necessary files again to the fix that other error. No errors up until this part:

/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *298.1 Gi disk0
1: EFI 200.0 Mi disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 232.9 Gi disk0s2
3: Microsoft Basic Data BOOTCAMP 64.9 Gi disk0s3
/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *7.5 Gi disk1
1: EFI 200.0 Mi disk1s1
/dev/disk2
0: U3 System *6.7 Mi disk2

Enter the target disk number. Ex: 0 (for disk0s1)
Enter the target partition number. Ex: 1 (for disk0s1)

Your target is: disk1s2

Would you like to continue [y/n] or retry? [r]
y

/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *7.5 Gi disk1
1: EFI 200.0 Mi disk1s1

Please verify your selection (disk1s2) by looking at the info above

Would you like to continue? [y/n] or retry? [r]
y

Is the following, your target partition?

/Volumes/hackintoshInstall

Press [y] to continue. [n] to quit. [r] to retry
y
copying files to the hdd now...

./filez/dsdt -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt
./filez/dsdt/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/.DS_Store
./filez/dsdt/DSDTPatcher -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/DSDTPatcher
./filez/dsdt/Tools -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools
./filez/dsdt/Tools/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/.DS_Store
./filez/dsdt/Tools/getDSDT.sh -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/getDSDT.sh
./filez/dsdt/Tools/iasl -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/iasl
./filez/dsdt/Tools/xxd -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/xxd
./filez/Extra -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra
./filez/Extra/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/.DS_Store
./filez/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions
./filez/Extra/Extensions/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/.DS_Store
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPS2Nub -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPS2Nub
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS/fakesmc -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS/fakesmc
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/NullCPUPowerManagement -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/NullCPUPowerManagement
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS/OpenHaltRestart -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS/OpenHaltRestart
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/license.txt -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/license.txt
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS/PlatformUUID -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS/PlatformUUID
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Controller -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Controller
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Keyboard -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Keyboard
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Mouse -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Mouse
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Trackpad -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Trackpad
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings

file copying done...
waiting 3 secs...
Volume hackintoshInstall on disk1s2 unmounted
waiting 3 secs...

2+0 records in
2+0 records out
1024 bytes transferred in 0.002053 secs (498777 bytes/sec)

waiting 3 secs...

waiting 3 secs...

/Users/Frank/Desktop/snow-installer/installnow: line 65: /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/dsdtpatcher: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/dsdt.aml: No such file or directory

WE ARE DONE!!!

So it looks like it fixed the mounting problem but those other errors still remain. Thanks!

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 05:38 PM

ok all problems sorted expect for one...

can u please look here (using finder):

/Users/Frank/Desktop/snow-installer/dsdt/

can u rename the file "DSDTPatcher" to "dsdtpatcher"

then rerun the script...

looks like its a case sensitivity problem...

if the file does not exist there... u need to put it there...

report back...

drossxyu 09-12-2009 05:51 PM

/Volumes/hackintoshInstall

Press [y] to continue. [n] to quit. [r] to retry
y
copying files to the hdd now...

./filez/dsdt -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt
./filez/dsdt/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/.DS_Store
./filez/dsdt/dsdtpatcher -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/dsdtpatcher
./filez/dsdt/Tools -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools
./filez/dsdt/Tools/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/.DS_Store
./filez/dsdt/Tools/getDSDT.sh -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/getDSDT.sh
./filez/dsdt/Tools/iasl -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/iasl
./filez/dsdt/Tools/xxd -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/xxd
./filez/Extra -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra
./filez/Extra/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/.DS_Store
./filez/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions
./filez/Extra/Extensions/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/.DS_Store
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPS2Nub -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPS2Nub
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS/fakesmc -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS/fakesmc
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/NullCPUPowerManagement -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/NullCPUPowerManagement
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS/OpenHaltRestart -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS/OpenHaltRestart
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/license.txt -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/license.txt
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS/PlatformUUID -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS/PlatformUUID
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Controller -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Controller
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Keyboard -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Keyboard
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Mouse -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Mouse
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Trackpad -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Trackpad
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings

file copying done...
waiting 3 secs...
Volume hackintoshInstall on disk1s2 unmounted
waiting 3 secs...

2+0 records in
2+0 records out
1024 bytes transferred in 0.000865 secs (1183839 bytes/sec)

waiting 3 secs...

waiting 3 secs...

DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e -- report Bugs to [email protected]
enclose "DSDT Patcher/Debug/USER.tar"

Press any key to continue...

Getting the DSDT through ioreg...

Decompiling the DSDT...

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
AML Disassembler version 20080926 [Oct 4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

Loading Acpi table from file ./dsdt.dat
Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded
Pass 1 parse of [DSDT]
Pass 2 parse of [DSDT]
Parsing Deferred Opcodes (Methods/Buffers/Packages/Regions)
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................
Parsing completed
Disassembly completed, written to "./dsdt.dsl"

Done, now start the Patching!

Patching RTC...

RTC Device found : Device (RTC)
No IRQ found in RTC Device, should be fine
Patching HPET...

HPET Device found : Device (HPET)
IRQ's written to HPET
HPET patched
Which OS to emulate? [0=Darwin,1=WinXP, 2=WinVista]
Fixing various Issues...

Found an issue
Found Name (_T_0, Zero)
Fixed Name (T0_0, Zero)

Found an issue
Found Store (ToInteger (Arg2), _T_0)
Fixed Store (ToInteger (Arg2), T0_0)

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x00))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x00))

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x06))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x06))

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x07))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x07))

Found an issue
Found Name (_T_0, Zero)
Fixed Name (T0_0, Zero)

Found an issue
Found Store (ToInteger (Arg2), _T_0)
Fixed Store (ToInteger (Arg2), T0_0)

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x00))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x00))

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x06))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x06))

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x07))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x07))

Done

We are done patching, press any key to try to compile the fixed DSDT

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct 4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 7164 lines, 240600 bytes, 2986 keywords
AML Output: ././dsdt.aml - 23586 bytes, 963 named objects, 2023 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 799 Optimizations

Compiling done, if it worked, you have now a patched DSDT in dsdt.aml
If the compiling went wrong, you could force to build it with ./DSDT\ Patcher -f (try this DSDT at your own risk)

WE ARE DONE!!!

Ok, so it seemed to have resolved the DSDT issue, but what i've realized is that this is probably meant to be run on the machine i'll be installing Snow Leopard too. I don't have a working hackintosh yet. I've been doing all of this on my Macbook Pro so this is probably not going to help. I have a Gigabyte G31M-ES2L Rev. 2. There's also that MBR file error still happening.

Gurruwiwi 09-12-2009 05:58 PM

Fantastic work man! Havn't tried it as I've only just managed to get full functioning install, but during next week I'll try on a fresh drive to test this.

But I only disagree on one thing... I thnk this community is MUCH better than the "insane" one. It is really insane over there, albeit the amount of info it contains.

Keep up the good vibes!!

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 06:06 PM

ok not to worry...

do this...

take ur usb thingy and plug into ur pc and boot into it...

when chameleon shows up, press any key and interrupt it... so u can type something...

type this:

"DSDT=nothing.aml" without quotes

and select the installer disk from the list of drives and boot into the installer...

what that will do is that will temporarily not load the macbook dsdt file...

after u get into the installer, bring up the terminal and repeat the process for ur pc harddrive... it will generate a patched dsdt.aml for ur gigabyte board...

or u dont like typing, simply delete the following file from ur usb drive:

"/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/dsdt.aml"

if booting the installer without a dsdt.aml on ur giga doesnt work, i cant really help u with that since i dont have that motherboard...

and dont worry about the MBR error... that is normal...

drossxyu 09-12-2009 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, so i was able to boot off my usb drive (hooray!). I got into the installer and the first thing I did was format my drive to journaled,case-sensitive,and GUID. I then went to the terminal and ran your script off the thumb drive and got the attached error.

drossxyu 09-12-2009 06:43 PM

I should mention that I deleted the dsdt.aml from the usb drive... thanks so much for helping me through this. This is a fun rainy saturday activity...

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 06:57 PM

heh... baffling...

its saying that the files are missing from the filez folder...

try this for now, until i fix up the script...

in the installer, launch terminal and type as follows:

cd /snow-installer
./installnow

see if launching the script that way works...

oh and btw, remember those two files u replaced with the 10.5 versions (clear and xxd)? they wont work on this 10.6 installer. u need to replace those with the 10.6 versions on ur usb drive from my zip file before booting up with the usb again...

im trying to fix the script work now without all these glitches... so hang in there... ill try my best...

do report any other troubles until then...

drossxyu 09-12-2009 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so a combination of copying over the original 10.6 clear and xxd files and running installnow from within the directory must have fixed it. Your script seemed to run fine so I went ahead with the install. With about 11 min left on the install I get this lovely 'Install Failed' Message.. boo..

when I restart I get a 'CMOS checksum error'. It then restarts and I'm back to booting osx off the thumb drive.. although 2 partitions labeled 'osx' show up in chameleon.

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 07:48 PM

in that case try this:

dont run the script before installing to your target...

install first... after install, restart and come back into the installer and run the script...

see if u can get the installer to finish that way... if the installer doesnt run properly before running my script, it has to be something not related to my script... cos this way, the script hasnt done anything...

anyways, try that and lemme knoe... oh and click "window" > "installer log" and take a snap of that too so we can see what exactly went wrong...

drossxyu 09-12-2009 07:50 PM

I took a look at the log in the terminal again after I ran your script. There are two things are curious:

-I get a 'sh: clear: command not found' twice.. the original clear command is definitely in there..

And then there is :

fdisk: 1> Partition 2 marked active
Device could not be accessed exclusively

The last line in particular doesn't seem right..

Those are the only clues I can find right now..

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 07:54 PM

oh and also try booting into ur new "OSX" partition and see what happens (despite the error)...

and if u are able to boot into ur new "OSX" while having the usb plugged in, that means the installer did just fine and chameleon didnt get installed properly to that disk...

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurruwiwi (Post 34550)
But I only disagree on one thing... I thnk this community is MUCH better than the "insane" one.

ooooops i made a booboo :-)

u see what happened was i posted this thing first over at the insane one and copied and pasted it here and forgot to edit it... cos i used to spend more time there...

but yeh i agree with u totally that this infinite one :-) is quite good as well...

i think most of the ppl here are over there as well... :-)

djnitehawk 09-12-2009 08:27 PM

ok fellas im gonna have to call it a day and get sum sleep... too tired to think about all these technical mumbo jumbo :-)

will get back to it first thing tomorrow morning...

drossxyu 09-12-2009 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I reformatted my hard-drive again ( to clear off all the snow-install files) and tried the installation again. Same thing. I attached an image of the install log. The errors start about 3/4 of the way down. I'm going to try boot with it anyway in a moment.

drossxyu 09-12-2009 08:37 PM

Hey, so oddly enough, I am able to boot into osx from my hard-drive through chameleon. It's strange that two identical 'OSX' drives appear but hey, it seems to work. I guess my next step is to test it it out and figure out what is and is not working properly. Thanks DJ for all of your help. Have a good night!

drossxyu 09-12-2009 10:15 PM

Alright, so I am now successfully booting into 10.6 without the help of my thumb drive. I am still unsure of how solid this install is as the previously mentioned errors in the install log are still a mystery as well as these errors when I run your script while in the osx installer:

"
-I get a 'sh: clear: command not found' twice.. the original clear command is definitely in there..

And then there is :

The last line in particular doesn't seem right.. "

I'm not getting any kernel panics or anything but I don't think my video card is being recognized properly and my sound fails to work. I downloaded EFI studio but there is no option for my 9800 GTX 512 MB. To fix my sound I tried using kext utility to install LegacyALC883.kext, which was provided in this thread for my particular board, but that didn't work either. My motherboard ( the GA-G31M-E2SL rev. 2) doesn't have a supported ethernet so I tried using my Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 wireless dongle but osx isn't recognizing it (the latest drivers are for 10.5.0?). I bought it because it was highly recommended on that leopard soup site that has been down for the past few weeks. Anyway.. I feel like I'm half way there. Just a few more things to sort out and I should be up and running. Thanks again for your help DJ.

djnitehawk 09-13-2009 05:08 AM

good to hear...

i just woke up and i will get on to fixing the script now...

so yeh being able to boot into a new snow installation without any panics or freezes is only half the battler... getting all ur other devices detected and working is the other half (which is sort of out of the scope of my script)

anyways...

1. why do u think ur nvidia card isnt detected properly? does the video seem laggy? is it not listed under "system profiler" > "graphics/display" > "chipset model". if it does say your graphic card name there, it is detected. if u r worried about not seeing any info about "QE/CI" dont worry. the new system profiler doesnt show that info anymore.

anyways, if you want to try efi strings or injectors, you have to edit the boot plist and change the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to "No"

osx86tools has the 9800gtx efi string... try that... it will also let u create a custom efi string also...
  2. sound + network kexts do not work from /Extra/Extensions. move them to /System/Library/Extensions and run the following:
    • sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
    • sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
    • sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
    • sudo touch /system/library/extensions
  3. dont worry about the following error. it gets displayed every time but it works. you wouldnt have been able to boot into snow if it didnt do its job:

and have u tried installing osx via the installer and then running script rather than the other way around like i've suggested in my guide? that might resolve the installer error about not being able to start osx and ending prematurely...

the funny thing is... i didnt experience any of these problems when testing this on my system... but this is good... the script will get more stable this way and it will work for a lot more ppl in the future...

drossxyu 09-13-2009 08:00 AM

The system profiler reports a 'NVIDIA' device w\ 32 MB of VRAM so it doesn't seem to be detecting it correctly. I'll give the preset in osx86 tools a shot tomorrow but I don't know anything about creating custom EFI strings.

I get a 'System Extensionn can not be used' error if I try to move any of the .kexts from extra/extensions to system/library/extensions. Is this why the kext utility exists? What do those commands you provided do exactly?

The 2nd time I installed Snow Leopard I did so without running your script and it still failed at the same spot. I recreated the partition as well to make sure that nothing was still lingering from the script on the drive.. Does this have anything to do with running the installer in 32-bit mode as opposed to 64-bit?

I have to go to sleep. I'll continue troubleshooting in the morning.. Thanks!

djnitehawk 09-13-2009 08:07 AM

aha... it is always safer to run everything in 32bit mode until you have a working install...

that might be the cause of the installer failing...

and those commands for repairing permissions on the moved kexts and renewing boot caches so that they execute properly...

just ignore the error msgs and run those commands or try kext utility.... ive only had mixed results with KU... thats why i take care of that myself with those commands...

and good news... i think ive solved most of the problems we faced last night... ill upload v1.1 of the script soon... just doing some final testing...

gnite and sweet dreams... u might be dreaming about leopards and snowflakes tonight :-) hehehe!!!

djnitehawk 09-13-2009 11:38 AM

ok guys... ive updated the main post with v1.1 and revised the guide...

do re-read and retry if you had trouble using version 1... might pay to wipe everything you've done with v1.0 before trying v1.1...

and of course report back with your experiences...

good luck!!!

teamka42 09-13-2009 12:30 PM

blank screen

ok i manage to boot from my usb pendrive.. no error what so ever.. but after all the load text my screen just went blank.. i wait for 10 minutes nothing happens..

using v1.1

djnitehawk 09-13-2009 01:54 PM

@teamka42

whats ur hardware config? mobo, graphic card, etc?

try this when booting from your usb drive:

interrupt chameleon by pressing any key when it shows up. then type the following:

"GraphicsEnabler=No" without the quotes

then select ur pendrive by using the left/right arrows and hit enter...

see if you can boot into the installer with just basic graphics support...

if the above is successful, that means chameleons auto graphics card detection didnt work for your card... and u would have to update the boot plist file with an EFI string for ur graphics card or use an injector to get full graphics...

if the above didnt help, could we have a look at the messages that get displayed when it boots? u will have to take a photo of it and post here...

good luck!!!

drossxyu 09-13-2009 03:05 PM

Thanks for the update. I'm going to give it a shot in a bit. Just to double check, I should edit the com.apple.boot.plist in Extra and add this line in order to boot in 32-bit::

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-x32</string>

Are there are any other places this flag should exist or is this all?

teamka42 09-13-2009 03:26 PM

blank screen

hi again,

my mobo is MSI P35 Platinum and 8800GT 512.

when i first boot from usb drive i get this, hang till this part
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3410/linet.jpg
then if i restart and try to boot again i can get pass that but only blank screen.
if i use GraphicsEnabler=No
i get this
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6393/13092009066.jpg

help

djnitehawk 09-13-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drossxyu (Post 34688)
Thanks for the update. I'm going to give it a shot in a bit. Just to double check, I should edit the com.apple.boot.plist in Extra and add this line in order to boot in 32-bit::

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-x32</string>

Are there are any other places this flag should exist or is this all?

if you havent made any changes to the boo plist that my script install, it should already boot ur snow in 32bit...

if you look in "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" it should have something like:

arch=x86

which should have given u a 32bit boot... but if that didnt work, try using this:

arch=i386

alternatively, u can just temporarily use those flags at chameleon boot time:

-x32 or arch=x86 or arch=i386

djnitehawk 09-13-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamka42 (Post 34691)

looks like ur mobo doesnt have an HPET device...

can u first go through ur bios setup and see if you can find anything related to HPET (high precision event timer) and enable that...

if hpet cant be found on ur bios, try the following:

at chameleon boot type this:

ForceHPET=Yes

and boot...

if that doesnt solve it, try this:

download this kext and put it on ur usb drive at "/Extra/Extensions"

and try rebooting into the installer...

post back what happens then...........

PS: after enabling HPET in ur bios, u might have to re-run the script and do it over again so that the dsdtpatcher can properly produce a dsdt.aml with hpet support... not sure...

teamka42 09-13-2009 05:10 PM

work

with your help i can now boot.. TQ djnitehawk..
Now one problem remain..

i get "-CFGetHostUUIDString : Unable to determine UUID for host. Error : 35"
i cant find the disk where im suppose to install SL.
any workaround?

rohizzle121 09-13-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamka42 (Post 34691)
hi again,

my mobo is MSI P35 Platinum and 8800GT 512.

when i first boot from usb drive i get this, hang till this part

then if i restart and try to boot again i can get pass that but only blank screen.
if i use GraphicsEnabler=No
i get this

help

take out the .mkext file. its causing a error and its a mission critical file. same thing happened to me.

also, does your DSDT.aml have the cmos fix already in it?

djnitehawk 09-13-2009 05:21 PM

is ur target disk ide? or sata?

if ide u have to find a kext that will detect ur ide drives... as far as i can remember there were some modified ide kexts floating around that worked with snow... have a look around for those...

if ur target disk is sata, make sure it is running in AHCI mode... set it in bios...

if ahci is already enabled... try lauching the disk utility from the installer menu... if ur target disk is visible there, then everything is fine... u are able to select it as target from my script...

i used to get those uuid error 35 back in 10.5 but i simply ignored those...

if that may be the cause of ur target disk dissapearing, u will have to use a kext called "platformuuid.kext" and add ur disk uuid to that, or something like that... please search the forum for that info... cos i personally havent dealt with that...

lemme knoe how u go...

UPDATE: looks like the uuid 35 error doesnt have anything to do with missing drives... its related to a missing firewire network interface according to this:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=250.0

djnitehawk 09-13-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohizzle121 (Post 34704)
does your DSDT.aml have the cmos fix already in it?

unfortunately no!!! im using Fassl's dsdt patcher which doesnt fix the cmos reset problem...

atm im trying to go through fassl's source code trying to learn C language and add the cmos reset fix myself... cos fassl seems to have retired from updating it...

so ppl if u do have the cmos reset problem, u will have to edit ur dsdt by hand... there are guides for that all over the place...

i highly recommend using DSDTSE from here for manual dsdt work:

rohizzle121 09-13-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djnitehawk (Post 34706)
unfortunately no!!! im using Fassl's dsdt patcher which doesnt fix the cmos reset problem...

atm im trying to go through fassl's source code trying to learn C language and add the cmos reset fix myself... cos fassl seems to have retired from updating it...

so ppl if u do have the cmos reset problem, u will have to edit ur dsdt by hand... there are guides for that all over the place...

i highly recommend using DSDTSE from here for manual dsdt work:

oh ok thanks for the quick response.
you should intergrate how to edit the DSDT into your OP, so people know to do it. :D

and im sure someone knows C that can help in IRC/forums :)

oh and in my last post, i meant to say the extensions.mkext IS NOT mission critial. its only there as a time saving option

also is

Quote:

Right-click on the target OS X HDD volume icon on your Desktop -> Get Info. If the checkbox next to "Ignore ownership on this volume" is checked then click on padlock symbol to authenticate and UNCHECK the checkbox.

Then to ensure that the target OS X HDD volume's root directory is owned by the root user, go to Terminal and type: (note that using 0:0 is equiavlent to using root:wheel)

CODE
sudo chown 0:0 /Volumes/"your target OS X HDD volume name"

This is to make certain that the permissions are not scrambled after the installation of OS X.....and hence that you are able to boot from the OS X 10.6 hard drive........
is that not needed?

drossxyu 09-13-2009 08:01 PM

OK, so I just finished installing Snow Leopard again w\ the new version of your script. Everything seems to have gone smoothly. The installation actually completed this time instead of dying w\ 11 min. left like before. I did notice one error when running your script the 2nd time within the SL install.

'sh: clear: command not found'

Everything else seemed normal.

I'm able to boot into SL now w/o my thumb drive but chameleon never really appears any more. I no longer have the option of booting into my windows drive and my screen just floods w\ text before it automatically goes into SL. My graphics card still isn't being recognized although I noticed that it seemed to have detected my 'geforce 9800 gtx' somewhere within the text flood prior to the loading of the installation screen. My sound also isn't working. I have the .kext that is supposed to work for my board in the extra/extensions folder in the root of my SL drive. Is this all that is needed or am I supposed to move these extension files elsewhere.