InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

cili0 08-21-2009 06:31 PM

it seems that KP just before/after sleep is a common problem with SL in 64bit-mode. Maybe this problem is releated with SleepEnabler.kext. We should try to sleep with AppleIntelCPUPM.kext and see what happens.

Snow 08-21-2009 07:03 PM

No issues here with practicaly same mobo so it isnt SleepEnabler related m8.

Are you using all the kexts provided in this (or my) guide?

sk1nhd33t 08-21-2009 07:33 PM

received a few PM's asking me why they are having a kernel panic and why it's not working with them, again your mileage may vary if you will try this on a different board. i only tested this guide and quite a few times already on my machine with the spec listed on the first page.

dont just secretly send it to me, Please post here the problem and maybe members here including me can help. :)

@ saintjoe, glad that the guide worked for you too bad your having sleep problems, have you tried removing nullcpu and just let the apple PM run?

cili0 08-21-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow (Post 31726)
No issues here with practicaly same mobo so it isnt SleepEnabler related m8.

Are you using all the kexts provided in this (or my) guide?

I'm using SleepEnabler.kext, dsmos.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext, PlatformUUID.kext and VoodooHDA.kext.

The sleep works in Leopard and SL x32 (i use SleepEnabler.kext in both), but KP in x64. I asked to a member with the same mobo and he has the same problem!

Can it be releated with the DSDT.aml i'm using ?

any help is appreciated :D
thanks cheers!

Mac_Dude 08-21-2009 08:48 PM

k , sleep does work with glitches now.
( had sleepenabler.kext on root instead of /extra )

Goes to sleep real fast ( faster than 10.5.8 ) , but no mouse or Keyboard when back from sleep.

but still no KP`s and all smooth

mormegil 08-22-2009 07:22 AM

Success at last with MSI P45 Neo2-FR! From not being able to even boot (KP right after choosing boot partition) to running in x64 mode for hours now :D

It wasn't much about the installing from USB, just the other steps and attached kexts i guess. I tried to restore the install dmg to a temp partition (second on the disk) and boot from it but installer failed due to my MBR partition scheme.

Ended up back in a working Leo environment (Chameleon RC1+EFI 10.1) which is my first partition. Installed from there using modified OSInstall.mpkg to work with MBR. Basically what I've been doing for like 10 times already after reading the other guides floating around. Although this time it worked. It must be the fact that I didn't install any bootloader onto the target partition (third on the disk) and just copied the attached files into Extra folder I created manually. I did set the Snow partition active so that my bootloader will know which partition to boot by default and load the correct kexts.

/Extra/Extensions:
Disabler.kext (not sure I need this.. copied from main partition)
fakesmc.kext (by netkas)
dsmos.kext (attached in Snow.zip, maybe I should delete now?)
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (attached in Snow.zip)
OpenHaltRestart.kext (attached in Snow.zip)
PlatformUUID.kext (attached in Snow.zip, editted accordingly)

/Extra:
DSDT.aml (by DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e. DSDT modded in bios too (fix for cpus=1 in Leo))
com.apple.Boot.plist (copied from main partition, editted accordingly)
simbios.plist (attached in Snow.zip, editted accordingly)

Booted fine first time with -v -x32 switch. Previously, I was stuck right after the first few lines of boot. Ok as expected, KP after finishing registration. Disk Utility gave no installed packages error too. No big deal. At least I got a SL environment up and running.

Booted with -v -s -x32 next time. Repaired permissions. Deleted caches and rebuild.

Code:

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*
rm -R /System/Library/Caches
kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions

Booted with -x32 again. System appeared to be more stable. Installed BSD.pkg from temp partition to repair system files. No more "No installed packages error" by Disk Utility.

Booted with -x64. Been running flawlessly ever since! :p

Snow 08-22-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cili0 (Post 31735)
I'm using SleepEnabler.kext, dsmos.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext, PlatformUUID.kext and VoodooHDA.kext.

The sleep works in Leopard and SL x32 (i use SleepEnabler.kext in both), but KP in x64. I asked to a member with the same mobo and he has the same problem!

Can it be releated with the DSDT.aml i'm using ?

any help is appreciated :D
thanks cheers!

I dont think this is dsdt related because 32bit seems to work properly. Permissions are ok? no errors in kext utility, terminal or disk utility?

You are using the 64bit Sleepenabler?

Try sleep in x64 safe mode (-x) and report back.

wwbsox 08-22-2009 05:13 PM

KP waking from sleep

I had a flawless SL install. But had to mess with things. Tried fakesmc by netkas. And had a kernel panic while repairing permissions. Now I get a kernel panic when waking from sleep. Restored my TM backup but still the same. Reinstalled SL using this guide (Install disk image restored to a partition on another drive), no problems there. but still same problem. Anybody have an idea? No package errors in disk utility. Repair permissions completes with no problems in disk utility and kext utility. Rebuilding of mkext also successful for S/L/E and /Extra.

cili0 08-22-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow (Post 31783)
I dont think this is dsdt related because 32bit seems to work properly. Permissions are ok? no errors in kext utility, terminal or disk utility?

You are using the 64bit Sleepenabler?

Try sleep in x64 safe mode (-x) and report back.

Ok.. i replaced the SleepEnabler.kext i was using with the one attached in the main thread. After a permissions repair it seems to work, i will investigate further in the next days.
BTW i replaced dsmos.kext with the new fakesmc.kext from netkas.

Cheers and thanks for your help!

Snow 08-22-2009 07:35 PM

I also tested fakesmc and its a good replacement for dsmos. Faster boot since it doesnt have to wait for dsmos (check verbose mode to confirm)