InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

swanzai 10-09-2009 07:07 AM

spinner of death at gray before install

howdy -- followed the instructions to the tee but I seem to be sticking at a gray screen after the large / small text, with a moveable cursor before the install really begins. if i wait long enough it turns into a spinner. any thoughts?

cchristophher 10-10-2009 04:55 AM

Bootable but won't install

I followed all the steps and when i boot from the USB drive, i get this http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2455/...82f9c6f9_o.jpg
I'm not using a flash drive per se, it is this
my mobo boots from it fine but could that still be a problem?
I also had trouble with the kexts in the com.appleboot.plist, how do i make my strings or EFI strings? i did it with EFI tool, but thats just for my graphics card, is that how i do it?
here are my specs:
G31 S2L
Q6600 Core2Duo
EVGA 9800GT
Edit:you can't see it but its in 64bit mode, how do i edit the mkext to keep it in 32?

sk1nhd33t 10-10-2009 03:19 PM

guide updated again to base an RC3+PCEFI 10.3 install and updated kext.. made a short guide too in creating your own DSDT using DSDT-SE..

credits to all who found/create all the apps, kext and fixes.. enjoy :)

ISSUES im having:

- Automatic Sleep w/o the use of PleaseSleep
- waking from sleep using my Apple Aluminum KB
- the rest is flawless!

ju421019 10-10-2009 05:40 PM

I followed this guide in this thread:

http://lifehacker.com/5360150/instal...cking-required

To get everything working fine, easiest way to install. Only Issue I am having is sound, I can't see the input/output device, any help there please?

Yes I know the lifehacker guide mentions a different motherboard, but it works fine on this one too.

Now, I just need sound working from the board.

BlaSTiWi 10-11-2009 04:04 AM

Great!!!

Quick Q ... does the myHack installer put stuff into EFI partition?

Tkx!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk1nhd33t (Post 37074)
guide updated again to base an RC3+PCEFI 10.3 install and updated kext.. made a short guide too in creating your own DSDT using DSDT-SE..

ISSUES im having:

- the rest is flawless!

MonkeyDLuffy 10-11-2009 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk1nhd33t (Post 37074)

ISSUES im having:

- the rest is flawless!

Really nice to hear that the rest is flawless. May I ask, what SpeedStep app are you using (64bit)? I use CPUi which seems to work but I was wondering that you might be using something better. Voodoopower only works in 32-bit :(

Ezhoon 10-11-2009 04:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sk1nhd33t (Post 36354)
here's how the setup goes, any of the 3 combination will do:

- LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver + LegacyHDAPlatformDriver + HDEF = audio
- LegacyALC883.kext + HDEF = audio
- VoodooHDA (S/L/E) + untouch dsdt = audio

if all fails then i dont know what to suggest anymore ^_^

Just let you know that the first method also worked for my Jetway xblue P43 mobo with alc883.
I've tried voodoohda 64bit in s/l/e too but, mic input almost always never worked properly. Using appleHDA just feels more satisfying and produces a bit clearer sound, imho :p

Great stuff, thanks!! :D

sk1nhd33t 10-11-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi (Post 37112)
Great!!!

Quick Q ... does the myHack installer put stuff into EFI partition?

Tkx!

if you are talking about the hidden EFI partition then NO, install it manually instead with just 3 terminal commands or RC2.pkg :)

that's what im using right now including my backup leopard partition.. i prefer it because it's hidden and im not tempted to tinker it a lot haha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy (Post 37114)
Really nice to hear that the rest is flawless. May I ask, what SpeedStep app are you using (64bit)? I use CPUi which seems to work but I was wondering that you might be using something better. Voodoopower only works in 32-bit :(

im using Pstate created by hnak, cant link it to you right now coz for some reason i cant open insanelymac.. but it's there over at the OSX86 news and release section

been reading the DSDT vanilla speedstep guide for quite sometime now but it seems it's made for the more geeky peeps, made a few try but gave up afterwards :p

BTW CPUi doesnt work on me (64bit), care to link the kext/app you used? are you using Quad or C2D?

joel_ezekiel 10-12-2009 10:21 AM

Hi, i was wondering if i could get some quick help. I had my computer set up properly and everything worked, but i wanted a larger hdd, anyway i formatted and set everything up again and its working perfect. But for some reason i have nfi why, i cant connect to anything shared with samba, from windows 7, osx, or solaris. Does anyone have a clue why this would be happening, when i try to connect it just sits there saying connecting and never finishes.

richybatten 10-12-2009 06:32 PM

Can't open Chameleon Screen

I have tried this and followed other guides on how to Install the retail SL but I can't get the Chameleon screen to open after booting from the USB drive. Does anyone know why I can't get Chameleon to run or has anyone else had this problem? I'm trying to install to Dell M90 Laptop.