InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

lflashl 01-20-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmook (Post 43372)
Hi I have a problem booting in to my new OSX10.6 installation. The installation is done with the MyHack method.

When I boot with my installation USBdrive still in my computer there is no problem. I can boot in to the bootloader and select my harddrive where I've installed OSX10.6.

When I take out my USBdrive to boot normally it gives me this error message:

Verifying DMI Pool Data

>62970080
<00000002
000000C1
*<00064028
J_

The underscoure after the 'J' is blinking but I can't type anything. Neither can I press 'enter' or any other button.

Could anyone help me getting my hackintosh booting without the use of my USBpendrive?

Sound like you have not ran the myhack install after you installed Snow Leopard. Try reinstalling the myHack again. so boot into your snow leopard and run myHack install. The myHack will install the boot loader you need to not need the USB key everytime you want to run Snow Leopard.

lflashl 01-20-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riadtania (Post 43015)
Sorry guys. I am in the wrong threads. Actually, I tried so many solutions, i cannot even make it to work. This threads solution is the only thing that took me to install snow leopard successfully.

If you dont' mind, can you please direct me place where I can find some solution. I have VGN-BZ560 laptop. Google it a lot and couldn't find anybody who had success install Snow Leopard.

Again, when I tried to install SL from USB, it doesn't see my laptop internal HD and after installing into different partition from USB, i cannot boot from it. I get error message as:

error0:test
error0:test
error0: failed.

Please help me to right place or solution that might work for my laptop. Really appreciate for your help and valuable time.

This thread is for the G31M motherboard, not for a laptop.. you'll get better answers if you post your question in a more appropriate location.

hmook 01-20-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lflashl (Post 43397)
Sound like you have not ran the myhack install after you installed Snow Leopard. Try reinstalling the myHack again. so boot into your snow leopard and run myHack install. The myHack will install the boot loader you need to not need the USB key everytime you want to run Snow Leopard.

Thanks for the reaction, I've already tried to install MyHack again but it won't work.

zim2dive 01-20-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alltoorobot (Post 43275)
Zim2dive How did you over clock your e5200? I have the same board and processor any chance you could do a walk short through?

see post #402: http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide...post41881.html

I can try to answer other questions, but as I said there.. this was my 1st OC, so I was just re-using instructions someone else gave me.. but it did seem to work.

EDIT: and has been running stable ever since, tho its in sleep 95% of the day.

hmook 01-20-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lflashl (Post 43397)

My Problem solved.

I've installed a early version of chameleon boot loader. After that I've done a reboot with the USBdrive. Then again install de MyHack on you MacOSX Harddrive and it's done!

zim2dive 01-22-2010 12:13 AM

Installed the Bonjour update 2010-001, Security Update, Remote Desktop update, and Xcode update.

So far so good. Rebooted just fine. Internet still works.

dencraig 01-22-2010 04:53 AM

Boot from Thumbstick does not work...?

I have a G41M-ESL2. I've been trying for awhile to get it to boot into SL. I completed the entire process of restoring my SL Retail Disk to my 8GB USB stick and ran the routines, edited the plist file, etc. I put the thumbstick in my gigabyte machine but the BIOS only has a USB HD option. Since the thumbstick is sort of one of those, I tried it. It did not boot from it. I then burned the 8gig thumbstick to an 8G DVD, thinking that might be a good way to get it to boot: no luck (does not boot computer). I compared the two (disk and thumbdrive) and they look the same to me in my Wind PC Hackintosh... any suggestoins? Thanks.

zim2dive 01-22-2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dencraig (Post 43541)
I have a G41M-ESL2. I've been trying for awhile to get it to boot into SL. I completed the entire process of restoring my SL Retail Disk to my 8GB USB stick and ran the routines, edited the plist file, etc. I put the thumbstick in my gigabyte machine but the BIOS only has a USB HD option. Since the thumbstick is sort of one of those, I tried it. It did not boot from it. I then burned the 8gig thumbstick to an 8G DVD, thinking that might be a good way to get it to boot: no luck (does not boot computer). I compared the two (disk and thumbdrive) and they look the same to me in my Wind PC Hackintosh... any suggestoins? Thanks.

Not trying to be a @$$ but...

a) buy a g31M
b) find (or start) a thread about G41M

I mean really.. when I bought I was looking at the G41M, its a nice card... but.... I stuck with the G31 specifically for this reason.

dencraig 01-22-2010 05:17 AM

Thanks anyway

I followed a thread on Insanely Mac that indicated that this process works perfectly also for the G4 model. Maybe not. Thanks anyway.

lflashl 01-22-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dencraig (Post 43541)

fir the G3 board, press f12 @ boot then select HD and there USB flash drive is in there, you could try this!