InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

vincentmoo 01-29-2010 02:54 AM

I am here to share my success . First of all , thanks to sk1nhd33t and flux84
Yesterday i decided to reinstall the whole things because i couldn't shutdown/restart.
I follow every step except dsdt and audio fixed because i couldnn't find "DTGP" in dsdtfix and azalia,may be is because i am using rev 2 board , then i decided to use flux84 dsdt.aml and HDA.kext. After restart everythings work like a charm. sound , shutdown/restart , Graphic , all working! Although it doesn't show QE/CI enabled , but i can watch movie , run sceensaver ,and dashboard with effect . The audio is abit low quality also if compare with windows 7 . Finally the easiest part is LAN , i bought a apple ethernet controller and it work OOB , but the driver need to modify a bit for windows 7 64 bit. Once again , thanks to sk1nhd33t and flux84 :D

My Built :
Intel Q9505 Processor
Gigabyte G31M-ES2L Rev2.0
Manli 9800GTX+ 512mb
4GB dual channel DDR RAM
Apple USB Ethernet Controller

marc 01-29-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewordie (Post 43634)
I followed the instructions for creating the USB Bootable drive. When I turn on my computer and hit F12 for boot menu... I use USB-FDD and USB-HDD. I've tried both, but neither works. It just sits there and says:

Verifying DMI Pool Data.....

Did I do something wrong when I created my USB Drive? Everything seemed to go smoothly on the mac side.

you ever resolve this???

i am having the same issue
i was able to boot the first time and do the install, but now it won't boot again from the usb

any advice

albguy 01-29-2010 09:49 PM

Ver. 2, Onboard NIC

Hi everyone. From what I understand from this thread, the onboard ethernet card for version 2.0 of this board will not work, no matter what bios version there is?

Just asking to see if anyone solved it in any particular way before I go and buy a pci/usb device that will work.

Thank you in advance.

bgreen 01-30-2010 09:31 PM

New clean install or Make adjustments..that is the question

Hi

And thanks for the great guide.

I followed the guide easily until i got to the part of the guide DSDT quick guide:

Then i am not sure quite what happened. I would suggest if its possible that some more clarification could go into this part of the guide... everything else is great. I had difficulty locating the example files for comparison and also on the editing everything was going fine till i tried to find the file Azalia.... i could not locate.

Result:

I have a self booting Snow Leopard with the following problems that i am trying to sort... any help would be great.

No Sound
No Ethernet
Dont think sleep is working either
DVD will read data, music and copy files etc... however will not play DVD movies.

At start up i also get following errors:

Post error occurs.... it gives me options of last boots. If i do nothing it defaults to the last good boot and its fine.

Then i get an icon of Snow Leopard disk with message.... press any key to choose start up ... if i do nothing it starts automatically and is fine.

Sometimes the CPU speed shows at 2.4 and sometimes 2.8. It is a 2.8 CPU.

Despite all this i have managed to load Photoshop CS3 and it works. The system once up and running appears stable.

So any suggestions would be great....... is it possible to tweak this to get everything working or best to try a clean reinstall.

Gigabyte G31M-ES2L
intel core 2 Duo 6700 2.8
ASUS 8400GS 512M DDR2 Graphics card
SATA DVD writer
2gb Ram
1 TB SATA Hard Drive

Thanks.... Bruce learning lots..... need to learn more.........having fun!

bgreen 01-30-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincentmoo (Post 44052)
I am here to share my success . First of all , thanks to sk1nhd33t and flux84
Yesterday i decided to reinstall the whole things because i couldn't shutdown/restart.
I follow every step except dsdt and audio fixed because i couldnn't find "DTGP" in dsdtfix and azalia,may be is because i am using rev 2 board , then i decided to use flux84 dsdt.aml and HDA.kext. After restart everythings work like a charm. sound , shutdown/restart , Graphic , all working! Although it doesn't show QE/CI enabled , but i can watch movie , run sceensaver ,and dashboard with effect . The audio is abit low quality also if compare with windows 7 . Finally the easiest part is LAN , i bought a apple ethernet controller and it work OOB , but the driver need to modify a bit for windows 7 64 bit. Once again , thanks to sk1nhd33t and flux84 :D

My Built :
Intel Q9505 Processor
Gigabyte G31M-ES2L Rev2.0
Manli 9800GTX+ 512mb
4GB dual channel DDR RAM
Apple USB Ethernet Controller

Hi could you explain how you did this. This seems to be where my build has run into problems. Thanks very much cheers Bruce

albguy 01-30-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgreen (Post 44185)
Hi

And thanks for the great guide.

I followed the guide easily until i got to the part of the guide DSDT quick guide:

Then i am not sure quite what happened. I would suggest if its possible that some more clarification could go into this part of the guide... everything else is great. I had difficulty locating the example files for comparison and also on the editing everything was going fine till i tried to find the file Azalia.... i could not locate.

Result:

I have a self booting Snow Leopard with the following problems that i am trying to sort... any help would be great.

No Sound
No Ethernet
Dont think sleep is working either
DVD will read data, music and copy files etc... however will not play DVD movies.

At start up i also get following errors:

Post error occurs.... it gives me options of last boots. If i do nothing it defaults to the last good boot and its fine.

Then i get an icon of Snow Leopard disk with message.... press any key to choose start up ... if i do nothing it starts automatically and is fine.

Sometimes the CPU speed shows at 2.4 and sometimes 2.8. It is a 2.8 CPU.

Despite all this i have managed to load Photoshop CS3 and it works. The system once up and running appears stable.

So any suggestions would be great....... is it possible to tweak this to get everything working or best to try a clean reinstall.

Gigabyte G31M-ES2L
intel core 2 Duo 6700 2.8
ASUS 8400GS 512M DDR2 Graphics card
SATA DVD writer
2gb Ram
1 TB SATA Hard Drive

Thanks.... Bruce learning lots..... need to learn more.........having fun!

I have almost identical system with yours, other than the Video Card. I am experiencing the same issues as you. I was able to get a USB wireless card to work, but still no sound. Have reinstalled many times and also tried replacing the legacyalc883 kext, but with no avail. I just finished an install via Empire EFI and retail 10.6 disk, and if i manage to get it working ill post again. I have a Version 2 board btw

-Edit: Audio worked out of the box with this setup.

1. Download and burn Empire Efi on a cd
2. Buy/download(burn) 10.6 on a DVD
3. Start computer, Enter Bios: Change
a. disable onboard Nic
b. Enable Azalia
c. Sata : Enhanced
d. priority boot : 1 cdroom (for the efi) 2. hard drive
e. Save and exit bios.
4. put in the Empire Efi CD on the drive
5. after it loads, replace the empire efi cd with the SL 10.6 disk
6. Press f5, let instalation continue
7. after instalation, let the pc reboot, change the disk again, puting in the EFI disk
8. Download and install the latest version of myhack, RC5 r87 (dont forget to be nice to Conti)
9. Install myhack, and i simply changed the com.apple.boot.plist to reflect your resolution
10. restart computer, Audio worked right away. Under extensions, voodooHDA.kext is listed. It was the last option on the install of myhack software.

-Still to do:
1. Done! gonna try to install the USB wireless card again : Edit- Wireless card is Azio Model No. AWU254. Although supposedly unsuported for 10.6, using the 10.5 .dmg file from their site it works after install and fix permission via terminal ->type 'sudo' and drag/drop pfix.
2. DONE! Gonna try to update to 10.6.2 : Edit- after the install is completed, it boots into 10.6.2, but audio and wireless was not working. Changed permission via terminal ->type 'sudo' and drag/drop pfix and it worked fine..

bgreen 01-31-2010 01:27 AM

Hi

Thanks for the quick response... my mobo is also ver 2. That looks a very straight forward process. Any parts of the process that are not soo easy?

So you are suggesting i completely start from the beginning again? Also where do i locate Empire EFI? I have full retail version of SL.

Thanks again Albguy
Cheers Bruce

bgreen 01-31-2010 07:46 AM

Hi

Does this need to be a complete install? I have burned EmpireEFI_V108.iso to a CD, but can not get it to load even with above instructions. While boot via optical drive shows briefly it then goes to default drive and loads Mac OS.

I can not find disable onboard Nic on my BIOS. Any pointers would be great.

Thanks again

lflashl 01-31-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albguy (Post 44123)
Hi everyone. From what I understand from this thread, the onboard ethernet card for version 2.0 of this board will not work, no matter what bios version there is?

Just asking to see if anyone solved it in any particular way before I go and buy a pci/usb device that will work.

Thank you in advance.

nope you need to buy a new one, even better look for secondhand, got one on ebay for like 5$ and it works out of the box! no need to do anything, just look up the HCL and you will be fine!

Methanoid 01-31-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yusofu (Post 40950)
Hi Guys,

I just wanna report & share that I had successfully installed above said. :D

SL 10.6.1 on GUID partition on Hd2
SL 10.6.1 on MBR partition on Hd1

So basically makes no different if you use the OP method whether GPT or MBR formatted HDD?

I also understand the G41M-ES2L works fine with this guide and only needs the audio bit changing as its ALC888B (aka ALC887)
Maybe the OP could edit the first post, add the audio and then his guide covers Gigabytes replacement board for the G31M-ES2L!!!