InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

Promo 01-31-2010 11:30 PM

Would you share your DSDT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2dive (Post 43524)
Installed the Bonjour update 2010-001, Security Update, Remote Desktop update, and Xcode update.

So far so good. Rebooted just fine. Internet still works.

I have almost the same hardware as you...would you mind sharing your DSDT?

hirefrank 02-02-2010 02:53 PM

pfix, cloning hard drive and audio ports in the back

Much thanks to everyone on this thread for the detailed response and experience. I am proud to say my Hackintosh is up and running minus a few (relatively small) issues.

1. pfix v2.3 crashes whenever I run it. Here is the screen: http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3...0201085704.jpg (Oddly enough, Kext Utility runs without a problem.) Any clue why it crashes and does it matter?

2. Whenever I try and clone my harddrive using Super Duper! or Carbon Copy Cloner I get these kernel panics: http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3...0131212740.jpg
According to the logs rsync crashes in both cases. Any clue why or how to resolve? I've also noticed this occasionally when transferring large files from usb flash drives. (Even if I disabled Spotlight this happens.)

3. Do the audio ports on the back of the G31-ES2L motherboard work for anyone else? Only the ones in the front work for me.

Specs:
• 10.6.2 - retail
• Gigabyte G31M-ES2L rev 2
• Intel Pentium E6300, 2.8ghz
• SATA, WD 500GB
• SATA DVD
• ASUS EN9400GT
• 4GB DDR2 Memory

Thanks in advance!

-Frank

zim2dive 02-02-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Promo (Post 44313)
I have almost the same hardware as you...would you mind sharing your DSDT?

Odd.. I thought I replied already (see no reason for this to get moderated out??)

I used the same DSDT as in the ES2L kit in post #1. I figured I'd try it and given the discussion on how to edit, it might not work.. but it did (so far as I can tell), so I left well enough alone.

albguy 02-03-2010 02:49 AM

when loading, it asks you to click any key on your keyboard to boot from cd... then there will be a 10-20 second delay, before a menu type thing appears on the screen.. you can not even get to that point?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgreen (Post 44232)
Hi

Does this need to be a complete install? I have burned EmpireEFI_V108.iso to a CD, but can not get it to load even with above instructions. While boot via optical drive shows briefly it then goes to default drive and loads Mac OS.

I can not find disable onboard Nic on my BIOS. Any pointers would be great.

Thanks again

flukes1 02-03-2010 07:11 PM

Sleep is causing my machine to shutdown with this board. Can't figure it out.

Kexts: FakeSMC, LegacyALC883, NullCPUPowerManagement, SleepEnabler, EvOreboot
Using the DSDT included in zip, in the first post.

bgreen 02-04-2010 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albguy (Post 44387)
when loading, it asks you to click any key on your keyboard to boot from cd... then there will be a 10-20 second delay, before a menu type thing appears on the screen.. you can not even get to that point?

Hi

No, i am not sure what has happened... however just had a majour system crash after all was looking good, had got LAN going via cheap add in board, had got rid of BIOS errors.

But no do not get any options... do i just download the files at the link you posted directly or do i have to select certain ones? If you could advise.

Cheers Bruce

montyboy 02-05-2010 05:40 AM

BIOS Settings

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone knew the proper BIOS settings to get this guide to work. I'm running Rev 2. and get kernel panics(ACPI) during boot. Another thing that is concerning me is that my dvd burner is IDE - could this cause issues in the future?

Methanoid 02-05-2010 01:34 PM

Its a huge thread to trawl thru and the 1st post does seem kept quite current but I'll ask anyway

Are there are particular BIOS settings to ensure it works? Can IDE be on or off? HPET on or off? Do I need AHCI enabled or not?

Methanoid 02-05-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montyboy (Post 44473)
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone knew the proper BIOS settings to get this guide to work. I'm running Rev 2. and get kernel panics(ACPI) during boot. Another thing that is concerning me is that my dvd burner is IDE - could this cause issues in the future?

Rev2 has Atheros LAN so I'd be VERY surprised if it works at all with this guide AFAIK. Rev1 works as it has Realtek LAN. You could disable your LAN in BIOS and pop a Realtek LAN card in a PCI slot if you want though? That should work!

Or just disable your LAN and see if it KPs still?

Funny I posted a few mins ago and then noticed your request for BIOS settings. I think we need a little more clarity there!

montyboy 02-05-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Methanoid (Post 44482)
Rev2 has Atheros LAN so I'd be VERY surprised if it works at all with this guide AFAIK. Rev1 works as it has Realtek LAN. You could disable your LAN in BIOS and pop a Realtek LAN card in a PCI slot if you want though? That should work!

Or just disable your LAN and see if it KPs still?

Funny I posted a few mins ago and then noticed your request for BIOS settings. I think we need a little more clarity there!

****<UPDATE>****
All is working now except for onboard LAN ((to be expected as i'm rev 2)). The answer was following this guide but using the updated myHack installer and ALC883 kexts from kexts.com. - - - now to start researching that mouse and video lag :)
****</UPDATE>****

Thanks for the reply - all is well now except for sound. I've done the DSDT fixes listed in this guide AND tried the ones from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=182655 with no success. I have the legacy ALC883 kext , I've rebuilt the kexts with Kext Util etc. There has to be something I'm missing ... something tiny!