InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

sk1nhd33t 09-10-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy (Post 34275)
But while youre here, maybe you can share you're BIOS settings. Are you on 32-bit or 64-bit mode? Enhanced mode? C1E enabled? Etc.
Only if you spare time :) Or willing.

Thanks man!

im running 64bit after thorias found a fix for bonjour, my F8 bios settings below :)

Advanced BIOS Features:

CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E): [Enabled]
CPU Thermal Monitor 2 (TM2): [Enabled]
CPU EIST Function: [Enabled]
Init Display First: [PEG]
Onboard VGA: [Enable If No Ext PEG]

Integrated Peripherals:

On-Chip Primary PCI IDE: [Disabled]
On-Chip SATA Mode: [Enhanced]
USB Keyboard Support: [Enabled]
USB Mouse Support: [Disabled]
Legacy USB storage detect: [Enabled]

Power Management Setup:

ACPI Suspend Type: [S3(STR)]
Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN: [Instant-Off]
HPET Support: [Enabled] HPET Mode: [64-bit Mode]

Voyn1x 09-10-2009 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
During the eternal quest to reduce the amount of kexts used, i've managed to combine both legacy audio kexts into one :D

Tamriel 09-10-2009 10:32 PM

BIOS doesn't detect USB Device

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bzen (Post 34218)
Have to turn on legacy storage support in USB, then should see in boot menu when hit F12 or in BIOS under boot drives before saving change.

Thanks for your response. So I went to BIOS and saw that i already had "Legacy USB storage detect" enabled. A picture of my BIOS is attached below. I've found no solution yet...

L8nitehackin 09-10-2009 10:48 PM

Boot Suggestion..

Don't use F12... hit delete on power up and go into Bios, Advanced section I believe and highlight your USB drive and use page up to move it to the top. I never could get F12 to work either. Just remember to change it back when you're done or you may run into issues during normal boot.

L8nitehackin 09-10-2009 11:06 PM

Audio kexts...

Been lurking these boards for several days and have successfully implemented SL on my setup... with one exception, NO AUDIO! So, with this new audio kext can I just put it in my extra / extension folder and be done with it? Or do I need to generate a new mkext file also and possibly remove others?

For the most part I installed 100% per this threads suggestions.. However for the life of me I never could get Chameleon to install on my SL partition. I ended up creating a separate small partition on the same hard drive and installed Chameleon on that, and simply copied the Extra folders and files to my Snow Leopard partition that Chameleon generated. Who knows.. perhaps that is part of the problem with no audio? But everything else works great, network ok, 64 bit ok, graphics ok... just no sound.. yet! ;-)

bzen 09-11-2009 03:26 AM

Update to Chameleon RC3 and Snow 10.6.1

Hey guys,

Installed RC3 of Chameleon on USB and right on top of SATA drive and works.
Also getting some faults/panic/restarts during installs etc.. so tried the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext (found 64 bit compatible one) and seems to have fixed along with Install of Chameleon RC3. Without in 64 bit mode would crash on installs of 10.6.1 when trying to optimize system. Also added SMUUID to smbios.plist which may have helped but dont know for sure. Also with RC3 of cham seems to have fixed time machine issues automatically as now have icon in tray where as on initial install did not. Also before Carbon Copy Cloner would crash on clone to another partition (still in beta, so am testing).

Then afterwards was able to install 10.6.1 without issues and do latest software
for itunes and remote desktop.

Also thanx for new kext for legacy883 so far no issues.

L8nitehackin 09-11-2009 04:48 AM

I can report successful update to 10.6.1 as well... but still no audio.

bzen... you report no issues with legacy883? I tried that kext, ( put in extensions, rebuild mkext file, repaired permissions ), but still no audio. I have no device to choose from within sound properties. I had no issues with sound on 10.5.6 or 10.5.8.. and still don't as I use a removeable hard drive for my OS's. ( W7, XP and OS X's pre SL )

Can you elaborate on how you implemented that kext with success? Do I need to remove an AppleHDA kext to avoid conficts and properly install? From what I'm starting to get into, for some reason I think I have something pointing to a wrong address where my built in audio is on my bus? But I'm still an infant in this field and learning.. thx

sk1nhd33t 09-11-2009 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voyn1x (Post 34303)
During the eternal quest to reduce the amount of kexts used, i've managed to combine both legacy audio kexts into one :D

finally the higher ops speak, thanks for the kext :-d. will test it a bit later and update the guide since 1 kext is better than two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L8nitehackin (Post 34359)
I can report successful update to 10.6.1 as well... but still no audio.

bzen... you report no issues with legacy883? I tried that kext, ( put in extensions, rebuild mkext file, repaired permissions ), but still no audio. I have no device to choose from within sound properties. I had no issues with sound on 10.5.6 or 10.5.8.. and still don't as I use a removeable hard drive for my OS's. ( W7, XP and OS X's pre SL )

Can you elaborate on how you implemented that kext with success? Do I need to remove an AppleHDA kext to avoid conficts and properly install? From what I'm starting to get into, for some reason I think I have something pointing to a wrong address where my built in audio is on my bus? But I'm still an infant in this field and learning.. thx

you need to put the legacy kext to your extra/extensions, if you did try clearing your cache first and be sure HDEF patch is in your dsdt.. if you did everyhting and still has no audio then just use voodoohda in S/L/E :)

to remove the cache " rm -r /System/Library/Caches/* ".

JShubert683 09-11-2009 06:21 AM

I have audio, all I did was reboot twice both times with -v -f -F. I am also using the new rc3 of chameleon. My install of SL with basically the old boot 123 way using the required kexts and got a full vanilla install with no issues without even installing through 10.5. So I would say try out the new rc3 and reboot doing -v -f -F and the kext util to repair all extens

sk1nhd33t 09-11-2009 06:37 AM

updated to 10.6.1 without problems :)

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6...90911at130.png

update away guys! BTW thanks for the kext voyn1x.