InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Kext ideas and recommendations for a dell studio 1555 and similar laptops (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=5036)

andyi89 02-02-2010 09:13 PM

i replyed to this yesterday and it hasnt posted! thats the second time ive done this lol!

am not to sure on your problem tbh bit of a newbie myslef

have you tryed pressing f8 at start and typing -x -v -f

that will put it in a sort of safe mode see if it boots then

if u want to see what it is causing the kernel panic then just type -v and the thing before the panic should be the problem

ive tryed reinstalling mine today and have messed up somewere with a driver rushed it

i lost my perfect orginal :( messed my hardd drive up so ive got to try get it going on mine again so ill let you know how i do it

oh and ive not used iatkos i use kalyway 10.5.2 then update with ideneb combo update deffinatly works best out of all the distros ive used

andyi89 02-03-2010 06:31 PM

got it installed on my computer again working fine 10.5.8 got sound and some video obviously graphics card is not supported

heres a guide to help you install it Dell Stuido 1555 installation guide

if that doesnt help you ill be able to give a step by step guide of how i do it :)

Richard.T 02-04-2010 05:32 PM

Hey Andy cheers for the help,
I'm trying to get native resolution!(If i get this done i'll be delighted!But i'm having a few issues figuring it out...)
So far the brightness adjustment works,Wireless works mouse/keyboard work and also sounds and headphones seem to work!
And can be adjusted through keyboard commands..

I had to delete the same kext you did due to the graphic booting issues but everything else seems to be the same.

Can you let me know which kext you used to native resolution and also how to install correctly?Would the osx 86 tools be ok?

Thanks again!

andyi89 02-04-2010 10:58 PM

hey so all sounds pretty good atm then what version are you running is it 10.5.6 or have u updated to 10.5.8?

and yea ofcourse i can okay so first u need a program called kext helper b7

u may already have it installed but if not google is your friend ;)

as for the kext its here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1727104/Rade...D10.5.kext.zip

just download that unpack it drag the kext into kext helper, type password, install and reset after that should be widescreen :D

just like to mention i found that thanks to imkantus just so i don't take any credit :P so thank him for that not me :D!

hope all goes well if so screen shot press alt shift and number 3 ;) upload to tiny pic and post it for us all to see :D

andyi89 02-04-2010 11:06 PM

oh a quick question for you completely mac unrelated uknow your studio 1555 when u log into windows does it take awhile on the welcome screen and when loadin desktop?

Richard.T 02-05-2010 12:00 AM

Woo now have native resolution but the cursor is showing as a weird pixelated box..?

Thanks for that anyway,Native resolution looks great!

Also,Boot up in windows is fine,I'm running 7 professional though..

Imkantus 02-05-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard.T (Post 44464)
Woo now have native resolution but the cursor is showing as a weird pixelated box..?

Do right click, to show kext contents and edit the Info.plist file it should contain a Bolean named "enableHWCursor" try to change it (either true or false) and reinstall the kext - maybe it'll fix your issue. :)

Richard.T 02-05-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imkantus (Post 44465)
Do right click, to show kext contents and edit the Info.plist file it should contain a Bolean named "enableHWCursor" try to change it (either true or false) and reinstall the kext - maybe it'll fix your issue. :)

Woah!Thanks!Worked straight away :)

I'm glad I'm studying computer science or I wouldn't of known what a boolean was, And it just so happens to be that the college I study at is where George Boole Studied and discovered booleans :),It seems with this frame buffer performance has dropped abit...But the native resolution is great :)

http://i47.tinypic.com/2v1vhhf.jpg

andyi89 02-10-2010 08:06 PM

yay!

haha sorry i forgot to mention about the hardware cursor

ive just got my hands on iatkosv7 to have a try with but it doesnt boot for me:(!

i still have a problem were sometimes it just doesnt boot lol! on my current install

its such a shame about the graphics not working tho isnt it :(

i dont really get why people say macs not worth having without quartz extreme

cos i mean we dont have it and besides the obvious diffrences cos we dont have graphics drivers

i dont get the diffrence lol! it all works fine even videos!

Richard.T 02-12-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyi89 (Post 44819)
yay!

haha sorry i forgot to mention about the hardware cursor

ive just got my hands on iatkosv7 to have a try with but it doesnt boot for me:(!

i still have a problem were sometimes it just doesnt boot lol! on my current install

its such a shame about the graphics not working tho isnt it :(

i dont really get why people say macs not worth having without quartz extreme

cos i mean we dont have it and besides the obvious diffrences cos we dont have graphics drivers

i dont get the diffrence lol! it all works fine even videos!

Ah that's ok,Atleast imkantus was here to help :)

Yeah the graphics not working is abit of a let down but There isn't much things I'd be using the graphics for,Not a big gamer to be honest,Just doing college work and photography really!

All in All i'm very happy with the OS now,Did you get the battery meter working?

Also using iaktos 7 it didn't boot for me first time,I had to reinstall with very few of the drivers,I did find a tutorial on insanely mac I think(May of mean another site!) if I find it I'll post it here.