InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus K50IN (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4409)

bayuaditya 07-27-2010 04:28 PM

wta

hello newbie here,
i've successfull install a hackintosh on my asus k40in intel t4400, im using an asus k50in boot cd from a forum and a patched snow leo 10.6 which can installled on MBR partition because i'm using xp and 7 too in 1 hdd.
i installled chameleon on mac and restart, then after reboot, it wont load chameleon, its loaded seven bootloader. but if im using asus k50in boot cd it could boot.
i want chameleon as my default bootloader to boot mac, xp and 7.

any suggestion much appreciated.

uwannacookie 07-27-2010 06:29 PM

Wait until someone asks for me, i'm the newer here on successful hackintoshers.

flip360 07-28-2010 07:39 PM

the MBR method is not really recommended because of errors after install, you should try and make the disk GUID partition table and then install it for maximum compatibility. Dont worry Win7 and OSX coexist sucsessfully on GUID with no problems :)

cheers

@uwannacookie: dont worry mate we are all here to help eachother :)

bayuaditya 07-29-2010 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 49742)
the MBR method is not really recommended because of errors after install, you should try and make the disk GUID partition table and then install it for maximum compatibility. Dont worry Win7 and OSX coexist sucsessfully on GUID with no problems :)

cheers

@uwannacookie: dont worry mate we are all here to help eachother :)

yup i see it, thanks in advance. but migrate to GUID doesn't make me happy at all, because i have to backup entire data on my hdd. i also still use xp anyway.
so there is another solution?

now im trying to boot from iso file that contains asus k50in boot cd, hope it works.

flip360 07-29-2010 12:06 PM

the second that comes to mind is that you can boot it again through the bootcd and install chameleon onto the first partition ( i think you did that)?
cheers

bayuaditya 07-29-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 49752)
the second that comes to mind is that you can boot it again through the bootcd and install chameleon onto the first partition ( i think you did that)?
cheers

yes but it still not working because my default bootloader is windows seven, now im try use easybcd 2.0.1 to add macosx entries, i rebooted then met chameleon and chose my mac partition and finally got kernel panic.
it said applecpupowermanagement or something i dont understand. so what should i do with that KP?

thanks

flip360 07-29-2010 04:05 PM

do you have sleepenabler in your extra folder? if so remove it, its known for causing kp`s,

cheers

bayuaditya 07-29-2010 08:30 PM

flip360 i think i need entire kext u have. so i'll now the KP cause.
thanks.
cheers.

uwannacookie 07-29-2010 08:43 PM

@flip360 : can you help me with making country stuff ? My locale is ETSI , and country code is PT. atheros 9285 was recognized (not fully) since 10.6.2 , you have to force your own country to have the wifi working :D

EDIT : It's currently unknown, i try to add it , replace the kext , kextutility , rebooting , and still unknown.

uwannacookie 07-29-2010 08:46 PM

And our wifi problem is the same as the real macs after update to 10.6.2 .