InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   AMD Patcher 0.2 Beta Test (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1375)

Dies 10-13-2008 11:30 PM

So no one had any permissions issues with the packages created ?

In my case, patching Combo update 10.5.5 and examining the re-created package showed permissions were set to the user that did the patching. :eek:

ronoverdrive 11-01-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfoav8or (Post 16651)
AppleScript Error:
The variable resourcePathPOSIX is not defined. (-2753)

I.E. halts at creating lists of files.

haven't tried v0.1 like bhast has so I don't know if the earlier version would have worked.

EDIT: I don't know what I did, but it works now. sweet! Let the patching begin.

I'm getting the same error message. Dunno what's causing it or how to fix it.

Edit: well I got it to work, but whenever I patch 10.5.5 update or combo update and run the updates they lock up my computer around 40% killing my OSx86 install.

oneshot 11-13-2008 06:54 AM

does anyone have a link for the 0.1 amd patcher because I want to patch 10.5.5 update and I herd its not working also a while back I tryed using this to update to 10.5.5 (my current system version is 10.5.2) and it indeed froze part way through concluding in a broken OSX86.

-Thanks =)

PS: Thanks zephyroth for all your hard work ;)

nfoav8or 11-13-2008 08:26 AM

I would recommend you let ASU create the updates for you. download them from Apple then place the SINGLE system (not combo system) updates all in the download folder. Then select Modify Only and select a different Update to modify. This will take the .pkg file and modify it so you can install.

I recommend not doing a combo update because these are well known for breaking down an AMD install.

srivathsa 11-14-2008 10:46 AM

any news about next version?...

zephyroth 11-14-2008 06:11 PM

Yes.

AMD Patcher 0.3 is in progress. I've not much time to program actually.

ChangeLog 0.3

- Lets you drop every file you want and will simply modify those that can be modified.
This make your life easier if you have a folder with various kind of file including packages, frameworks, Mach-O binaries, text files, pdf ... All you have to do is to drop every files on AMD Patcher and it will do the job.

- Now, only patched items will be placed in the AMD Patcher folder.

- Determine what are the actual loaded kexts
- Copy them in a temporary folder
- Inject them in the package

----> The previous detection will be optimized later by checking if EFI is installed or not and by backing up (or not) the actual loaded kexts
(e.g: if EFI is installed, AppleACPIPlatform will not be backed up because stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext can be used with EFI)
----> The detection of EFI was included in ASU 0.5 but wasn't working properly.

- Permissions of every modified files should (and I say SHOULD) be the right ones.

CamEdwardo 11-14-2008 08:03 PM

Thanks

thanks for all the hard work zephyroth :D

Ive tried to patch Cs4 from the package on the cd with no luck, i get an applescript error. Ive tried patching the actual install package and even the .app after install.
Here is the error i get with 0.2:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2crvt42.jpg

bhast2 11-14-2008 08:20 PM

you don't need to patch cs4

CamEdwardo 11-15-2008 01:18 AM

Thats what i thought...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhast2 (Post 18189)
you don't need to patch cs4

Yeah thats what i thought :D
but it crashes for me, any way around the crash?

srivathsa 11-16-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zephyroth (Post 18185)
Yes.

AMD Patcher 0.3 is in progress. I've not much time to program actually.

ChangeLog 0.3

- Lets you drop every file you want and will simply modify those that can be modified.
This make your life easier if you have a folder with various kind of file including packages, frameworks, Mach-O binaries, text files, pdf ... All you have to do is to drop every files on AMD Patcher and it will do the job.

- Now, only patched items will be placed in the AMD Patcher folder.

- Determine what are the actual loaded kexts
- Copy them in a temporary folder
- Inject them in the package

----> The previous detection will be optimized later by checking if EFI is installed or not and by backing up (or not) the actual loaded kexts
(e.g: if EFI is installed, AppleACPIPlatform will not be backed up because stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext can be used with EFI)
----> The detection of EFI was included in ASU 0.5 but wasn't working properly.

- Permissions of every modified files should (and I say SHOULD) be the right ones.

thanks for info zephyroth....
thanks for the hardwork ....