InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] How to port AppleHDA to SL (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3981)

max.1974 12-02-2009 04:01 AM

Im wish said "Friends..." tks!

semendemon 01-12-2010 02:30 AM

Please Help Me Get Realtek ALC889 (Non-A Version) Working in 10.6.2 via DSDT

Hello! I just came across this wonderful thread, and I have tried to patch my DSDT with the code mentioned for the Realtek ALC889 chip, as that is what my motherboard, the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7, uses for onboard audio (its little brother, the GA-EX58-UD5, uses the ALC889A).

Since it uses the same model chip as the EVGA motherboards, I believe that I can get it working on this new flagship motherboard from Gigabyte, and thus open the Hackintosh world up to people who are considering buying this motherboard. please help me to help the Hackintosh community. I will come out with a guide for this motherboard as soon as I figure out how to get audio working via DSDT, which will make my current installation a complete vanilla installation.

Just to offer you some background information, I am using the Chameleon v2.0 RC4 bootloader and have already patched my DSDT with ACPI Patcher Beta 5 (under Windows of course). I modified the DSDT that was created by ACPI Patcher with the lines of code for the ALC889 as well as replacing both instances of AZAL found with HDEF, but upon compilation with iASLMe, it gave me one error on the Codec_ID line regarding the length of the statement and 17 optimizations. As such, I removed that line completely and it compiled with zero errors, but still performed 17 optimizations.

Please help me correct my DSDT code by providing your entire code or just the excerpts necessary to make corresponding modifications to mine. Also, I still need to get my SATA and ethernet controllers working via DSDT (which both use the same chipsets as the EVGA motherboards), so I can remove my JMicron.kext, AppleIntelPIIXATA per.kext, and RealtekR1000.kext (or RealtekR1000SL.kext), and go fully vanilla.

Currently, I have the LegacyHDA.kext posted in this thread and and the vanilla AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E, and under "Audio (Built In)" in System Profiler, I have two devices showing up in the right column as "Intel High Definition Audio":

1. Device ID: 0x1458A102
Audio ID: 12
Available Devices:

2. Device ID: 0x1682AA30
Audio ID: 12
Available Devices:

Before patching my DSDT, I had nothing showing up under "Audio (Built In)" in System Profiler, so this is definitely a sign of progress. Now, I need the help of you wise InfiniteMac users to get this down perfect, as audio still does not get detected or work for me.

I would like to thank you in advance for your assistance and cooperation, and hope to hear from you as soon as possible. :)

abct 01-24-2010 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the following sound card and on Leopard I had a fully working AppleHDA so I want to port that kext to Snow Leopard.

Code:

HDA Codec #0: IDT 92HD71B7
 HDA Codec ID: 0x111d76b2
      Vendor: 0x111d
      Device: 0x76b2
    Revision: 0x03
    Stepping: 0x02
PCI Subvendor: 0x361b103c

I followed the guide and added b2761d11 to the AppleHDA file with Hex editor.
My old kext was using Layout 1 so I didn't change it and kept everything as it was in my old kext.

Finally, I edited the HDA Enabler kext according to the one that I used on Leopard, which uses Layout 1 and also a Config data.

On my system profiler, it is listed as below,
Code:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID:    0x103C361B
  Audio ID:    1
  Available Devices:
  Headphone:
  Connection:    1/8-Inch Jack
  External Microphone:
  Speaker:
  Connection:    Internal
  External Microphone:
  Internal Microphone:
  Connection:    Internal
  S/P-DIF Out:
  Connection:    RCA

This is also what appeared on Leopard's System Profiler. So everything seems ok but unfourtanely there is no sound. I attached the file I created if anyone is interested in looking at.

I tried to use DSDT for my sound card but I couldn't do it.

Thanks for your help.

maxidlabs 01-26-2010 11:59 AM

A problem with IDT HDA

Audio according to Windows:
Vendor: 111D
DevID: 76D8

0x293e8086

Snow Leopard 10.6.0
Everything is working but audio is not. However, it works with VoodooHDA although I neither can control volume nor I have mic.

I've read here that it's possible to get it working with working AppleHDA from Leopard. Unfortunately, I don't have any. Probably it's possible to use PinConfig from Windows? I've seen one in the registry.

Any help would be appreciated.

kanedaguy 03-04-2010 02:16 AM

Hello
I just setup a new hackintosh box using SL 10.6.0 10A432 on a Gigabyte Motherboard GA-945GCM-S2L.

Gigabyte's site says that it uses the ALC662 Codec but my SL install shows me

Device ID: 0x1458A002
Audio ID: 66

and that's how I found this thread. I do not have any files from Leopard, any chance of helping me get some audio going please.

Thank you.

kws 03-04-2010 09:32 AM

In 32-bit mode ...

1 Attachment(s)
you can use Appleazaliaaudio.kext for Output, a small usb-soundcard (Terratec AureonUSB) for Micro if needed. This will prevent the cracking noise during startup (if USB is used for Output) and the sound assertion errors in verbose mode.

Attached is my HDEF-Section from DSDT (GA945GCM-S2L)

calabuig 04-21-2010 10:24 PM

Hello, I have this problem: I have a Sony Vaio laptop VGN-AR41M and a Realtek ALC262 audio device onboard. I have Iatkos 10.5.7 installed and using AppleHDA patcher and ALC262 dump codec text I have no problem to get sound. I'd like to use Snow Leopard and I tried to follow this guide to use my working AppleHDA Leopard kext in SL, but I have no success. I've injected my DSDT file and I thinks it's ok. In System Profiler, under audio section, I have the sound card output recognized. But under preferences sound I have no output at all.
Could you help me, please? Is there anyone with Realtel ALC262 working under SL with patched AppleHDA?
Thanks in advance!

calabuig 04-25-2010 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
@mormegil

Please, mormegil, could you take a look at the attachments?
I can't get it work it out!

P.S. please rename the attached pdf to rar to open it

Thanks in advance!

calabuig 04-28-2010 09:00 PM

I'm here again with my problem with ALC262... please, momegil, help me...
I have this error message in the boot sequence:

ALCinject: Starting.
Apr 28 21:48:01 Mac-di-Marco kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown>
Apr 28 21:48:01 Mac-di-Marco kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>
Apr 28 21:48:02 Mac-di-Marco kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == fAudioFunctionGroup" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 202 goto ExitError
Apr 28 21:48:02: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Apr 28 21:48:02 Mac-di-Marco kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1459 goto Exit
Apr 28 21:48:02 Mac-di-Marco kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 172 goto Exit
Apr 28 21:48:02 Mac-di-Marco kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1459 goto Exit
Apr 28 21:48:02 Mac-di-Marco kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 172 goto Exit

Do you know what would it be the problem? Thanks in advance!

calabuig 04-29-2010 09:52 PM

I tried another AppleHDA version and I get a different error:

22:42:59 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The super class vtable __ZTV13IOAudioEngine for vtable __ZTV14AppleHDAEngine is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
Apr 29 22:42:59 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA - link failed.
Apr 29 22:42:59 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA.
Apr 29 22:42:59 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed to load (0xdc008016).
Apr 29 22:42:59 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (error 0xdc008016)

Any little help?