InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] How to port AppleHDA to SL (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3981)

arm1tage 09-10-2009 10:45 AM

This also did not work for me (Dell E6500, IDT audio byteflipped hex:8508EC10) even with pathed DSDT. However now I have a new mysterious New Interface Detected - PCI Serial Adapter (3) in my Network Prefs...

Gurruwiwi 09-10-2009 12:34 PM

Following your guide mormegil, now with all the info you helped me gather, I have "found" that ALL the "assertion "0"" verbose errors are gone, all except one! The system does not crash anymore or KP's, once in a while it triggers double verbose messages. An error I know I created, because I deleted an entry to make my plist as close in structure as your guide, and I'm pretty sure it had this name. I inside it was an entry called codecAddressMaskData. The whole verbose line reads

Code:

Sound assertion "0 == codecAddressMaskData" failed in "/sourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDAcontroller.cpp" at line 1159 goto Exit
I will try again tonight from scratch, but I guess I cant just leave vanilla values, will try though.

You know where I can find this info regarding my chip?

mormegil 09-10-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arm1tage (Post 34237)
This also did not work for me (Dell E6500, IDT audio byteflipped hex:8508EC10) even with pathed DSDT. However now I have a new mysterious New Interface Detected - PCI Serial Adapter (3) in my Network Prefs...

That codec address belongs to alc885/alc889a from realtek. Get your own dump with a linux live cd.

mormegil 09-10-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurruwiwi (Post 34241)
Following your guide mormegil, now with all the info you helped me gather, I have "found" that ALL the "assertion "0"" verbose errors are gone, all except one! The system does not crash anymore or KP's, once in a while it triggers double verbose messages. An error I know I created, because I deleted an entry to make my plist as close in structure as your guide, and I'm pretty sure it had this name. I inside it was an entry called codecAddressMaskData. The whole verbose line reads

Code:

Sound assertion "0 == codecAddressMaskData" failed in "/sourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDAcontroller.cpp" at line 1159 goto Exit
I will try again tonight from scratch, but I guess I cant just leave vanilla values, will try though.

You know where I can find this info regarding my chip?

Is your audio working in 10.5?

Gurruwiwi 09-10-2009 02:32 PM

Yes, but with voodooHDA.

I just went through it again, and I surely did something wrong the last time because I didnt find that codecAddress thing on the way. Started again and made double sure I had vanilla appleHDA.

I have my very own codec dumps from linux, the only guessing I did was pathmapID being 9. The rest is absolutely my system.

Rebooted and KP'd unfortunately.

Note: When I redid the steps, I noticed that when editing AppleHDA/macos/appleHDA hex to byte flip the codec, when you save, it created a text file (appleHDA.txt) and the hex is renamed "appleHDA~". So the second time I copied it out to another folder, edited, saved, created the same output, renamed and removed the "~" and copied it back in (just hex file). Dont know if this is relevant, but I thought it would be interesting to share.

mormegil 09-10-2009 03:41 PM

Youre using hexedit right? it shdn't create a txt file.

Anyway, as I said before, I assumed a working kext for this to work. Run leopard and try out all the ready made kexts you can find until you find one which works. Try searching insanelymac forums. You're just looking for a set of plists with the right configdata, layout and pathmap for your codec.

Once, youve done that then you can start thinking about porting it over to SL

Gurruwiwi 09-10-2009 06:17 PM

yes, I did. From the link provided. I replaced all 4 entries, File-> Save.

Maybe because I have Finder "showing all hidden files" ? But it did also alter the unix file adding "~" at the end.

Will do, hadnīt thought of that !! thanks!! :)

Pietruszka 09-10-2009 07:52 PM

Hi again

still no working kext....

at step 2... I've got 2 times my codecID ....tried copy 2, didn't work, one of them ,,didn't work

changed layoutid from 662 to 12...didn't work

have no idea what now

I give UP....

don't know what else can do.......

mormegil 09-10-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pietruszka (Post 34287)
Hi again

still no working kext....

at step 2... I've got 2 times my codecID ....tried copy 2, didn't work, one of them ,,didn't work

changed layoutid from 662 to 12...didn't work

have no idea what now

I give UP....

don't know what else can do.......

You sure your applehda works in 10.5? whats your layoutid in dsdt?

In 10.5, go to System Profiler>Audio: What's your "Audio ID"?

Pietruszka 09-11-2009 12:54 PM

ID urządzenia: 0x1458A002 (devID)
Audio ID: 662

but I think I didn't understand something...(my fault)...you asked if I had patched DSDT

Yes I have (RTC, TMfix, LAN, 7600GS)..but....no sound..never needed...just had to replace applehda.kext

Do I need to patch sound with DSDT for SNow LEO???? before no need

sorry my English :(

anyway thanks for help