InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Leopard 10.5 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Asus M2N68-AM Motherboard nVidia graphics wont work (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3086)

jpppdk 06-07-2009 06:18 PM

Asus M2N68-AM Motherboard nVidia graphics wont work

The problems are:
1. Enabling the onboard Nvidia Geforce 7025 128MB so I can see what MAC OSx experience is like.
2. If driver install is attempted, error on reboot called Interfacenamer "cannot update UUID". I have only done around 15 installations. :)

My only success was with:
1. a clean WD160 Hard disk. (OSX goes into reboot with ANY other partition on disk)
2. Only one primary HFS+ partition on disk
3. ALL graphics deselected and patches named AMD Test1 and 2 selected.
4. boot option -v necessary.

Withe above, I get OSX installed. BUT No graphics drivers, no QE or whatever the Mac accelerated desktop is, no sound whatsoever, no USB disk support (my USB keyboard andPS2 mouse was always working though), no network (no onboard Nvidia, dlink Gigabit or Belkin USB 802.11G).

Now I got Kext helper B7 and tried Nvinject 128MB and Natit and Natit Dual after the plain install. The patch drivers uccessfully installs and goes into reboot. But there comes the second most serious problem:

First I get the grey OSX Restart screen. Then booting with the -v option, after I see Nvinject or Natit drivers being recognized there is an IOKwait(something) line, immediately after I get "confid(some number) InterfaceNamer: no network interface found. cannot update UUID" or something similiar. Hangs there. I even left it there overnight. Nada.

The Interfacenamer message is NOT important because when I used /movevideodrivers script from single user mode and rebooted the same meesage (Interfacenamer,...." flashed by and I got back into plain non accelerated OSX. So if nvinject and Natit dont work, hat are my options ?

Basically I can install a plain OSX and get that stable accross multiple reboots and software installations. But no hardware driver update is succesful.

I know there is a lot of stuff I am asking, but I think the solution for the last issue is first needed? Any ideas, help, would be apreciated. My first experience with MAC OS but plenty work done with various Linux and Windos versions.

thanks,
JPPPDK
Asus M2N68-AM
Corsair XMS2 2048MB
AMD X2 (AM2) 5200+
nVidia nforce 640 series with Geforce 7025 graphics on VGA.
NEC DVD RW
Maxtor Onetouch Firewire/USB2.0 External HDD :(

thorazine74 06-08-2009 08:41 AM

Integrated graphics with shared memory are considered to be NOT supported at all. Some Geforce 9300/9400 are supported with Natit and latest OS X versions (10.5.6/10.5.7) but others I'm afraid it wont work so you would need to add a PCIe graphics card.
The interfacenamer comes from the lack of a working ethernet card, is it yours disabled in BIOS or something? I got a 630i and its ethernet is detected out of the box in 10.5.6 (but I got no network there so I cant say if it works).

nicky9499 06-09-2009 07:17 AM

Hi there.

Am using M2N68-VM board, very similar to yours. Ethernet has worked out of the box for me but needs to be fiddled with after every boot. USB works also (with appropriate drivers selected during initial install). ATA (DVDRW drive) and onboard video (7050) does not work but HD4850 gives a picture though not at full resolution. Is your ATA working as well?

Cheerio,
Nicholas.

jpppdk 06-17-2009 07:53 AM

update!!

Well friends, minor update: I figured the onboard geforce 7025 won't give Qe/Ce and the only other card lying around is an AGP Ati 9600xt256mb should I try that? Anyway the nforce NIC looks ok from OSx but can't communicate on my network, yet. Will try and post if succesful. Anybody got sound or 5.1 outa this rig? Thanks for the replies folks!

jpppdk 06-17-2009 08:01 AM

My pata DVDs always worked my HDDs are Sata. Kalyway 10.5.2 but gonna try some 10.5.6/7 this weekend. Cheers!

sincro77 01-29-2012 10:18 AM

noooooooobs...hahaha

go buy a nvidia 8500gt or something for 20 bucks , and toss it in.
You will have dual screen and ci qe, no hassles.
this board is so easy..

if you want a "real challenge" try installing on old "sis" chipsets etc.. haha