InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

zim2dive 02-19-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymodem (Post 45239)
Has anyone gotten Bonjour to work? No matter what I do I can't seem to get it work. I have the revision 1 of this board, and everything works great except Bonjour. Can someone who has gotten it to work, post what they did? Thanks.

Edit: I'm using the 32bit btw.

did you even search this thread?

bgreen 02-19-2010 11:54 PM

Original Install

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgreen (Post 44232)
Hi

Does this need to be a complete install? I have burned EmpireEFI_V108.iso to a CD, but can not get it to load even with above instructions. While boot via optical drive shows briefly it then goes to default drive and loads Mac OS.

I can not find disable onboard Nic on my BIOS. Any pointers would be great.

Thanks again

HI All

Went back to the original instal in this guide as still no luck with Empire. Update. Everything appears stable.

Sound was fixed with buying a cheap USB sound drive.... worked UOB. Great $8 investment.

Lan works with cheap PCI ethernet card. 10/100. However am having speed issues. Download speed etc is very slow compared with macbook using same cable connection. Any suggestions would be great!

Also sleep does not appear to be working properly. If i use sleep function screen locks and the screen saver will not come on. Screen will awaken after this if prompted to do so. At present i have set computer to never sleep and screen saver comes on at designated time. Any thoughts?

Thanks again.... regards Bruce

Gigabyte G31M-ES2L
intel core 2 Duo 6700 2.8
ASUS 8400GS 512M DDR2 Graphics card
SATA DVD writer
2gb Ram
1 TB SATA Hard Drive
USB Sound device (Generic)
Ethernet PCI card

lflashl 02-21-2010 01:40 PM

i just upgraded my CPU from a E6300 to a Q8400 and now i can not overclock. I can overclock from 2.33Ghz to 3.1Ghz, and boot into windows fine, play games/movies/music everything works fine. But when i boot into OSX86 Snow Leopard i cannot even boot into it. as sooon as i get the boot loader, i click snowleopard and then i get a msg telling to reboot. If i put the setting back to default settings, then no problems.

foghornleghorn 02-26-2010 05:52 AM

Thank You

My Leopard installation was working pretty well until recently, when its EFI partition somehow became terminally corrupted.
I've now installed Snow Leopard as per this guide, and I can't believe how much better it is: faster to launch applications, fewer irritating glitches like the need to reconnect to the airport network after sleep, and a generally much more authentic OSX experience.
A very streamlined installation process, too.
Many thanks to the OP.

claytonbellmor 02-26-2010 06:01 AM

Won't load thumb drive

I followed this guide, and successfully installed Snow Leopard on my machine.
I'm using the mobo from the guide: Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L rev. 2.

I reinstalled 10.6, using the same method and thumb drive, but now when I hit f12 to boot into the thumb drive, I get stuck at "Verifying DMI Data Pool".

I've changed every applicable setting in the CMOS setup utility, and tried resetting the BIOS.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try and reset the main BIOS using the BIOS download from Gigabyte.com.tw, and a thumb drive.

Any ideas until then?

bgreen 02-26-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonbellmor (Post 45554)
I followed this guide, and successfully installed Snow Leopard on my machine.
I'm using the mobo from the guide: Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L rev. 2.

I reinstalled 10.6, using the same method and thumb drive, but now when I hit f12 to boot into the thumb drive, I get stuck at "Verifying DMI Data Pool".

I've changed every applicable setting in the CMOS setup utility, and tried resetting the BIOS.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try and reset the main BIOS using the BIOS download from Gigabyte.com.tw, and a thumb drive.

Any ideas until then?

Hi

I recently had a similar message and fixed it after i googled DMI data pool messages. I would suggest you try that. I am a newbie so do not want to put you wrong... but what worked for me was disconnecting the Hard drive and booting up with the usb stick then reconnecting the hard drive. This seemed to reset the defaults and it was business as usual. You might want to wait for an informed solution but if you don't get one... well it worked for me.

Cheers Bruce

rwillett 02-26-2010 09:32 PM

The verifying DMI is not a corrupt BIOS. You get it when you change a disk. I've just had it and it's a pain to get rid off. There seems to be very little on the net about it, but it is NOT a corrupt BIOS. I got rid of mine (upgrade from 250GB to 1.5TB) disk by unplugging the disks, booting off a flash drive and then pluggin and installing. YMMV.

gearheadgeek 02-27-2010 02:47 AM

I have been trying to replace 10.5.7 with snow up on my G31M-E2SL using this guide, but can't get past the panics. I can't tell where it crashed because booting with -v sends the text flying by to fast. When it panic, it clears the screen and does the dump in a higher resolution that before. The third line says "64 bit mode enabled", even if I boot with -x32. I type -x32 -v before hitting return with snow selected and -v works so I don't think I am screwing up. Any ideas anyone?

alltoorobot 02-27-2010 03:11 AM

power supply

I am looking around to see what kind of power supplies people are using with theyre eg31m's. The manual, as far as I know tells you to use a 400 watt PSU. I would like to bump it down as much as possible, get a video card that is passively cooled not using a lot of energy.

The mac mini's only draw 14 watts while idle. I would like to set up my eg31m to run as power efficient as possible. Thanks for anytipes guys.

zcream 03-02-2010 05:30 AM

iaslMe 2 errors

When I drag dsdt.dsl to iaslme I get 2 errors and 2 warnings.
This happens with the dsdt.dsl generated from DSDT_Patcher as well as the modified dsdl. dsl from the directions below.

dsdt.dsl : 327 - Store (Local0, Local0)
Method local variable is not initialized ^ Local0.

dsdt.dsl : 332 - Store (Local0, Local0)
Method local variable is not initialized ^ Local0.

Any idea why ?
Thanks!

>>>- let's begin... be sure you have a good texteditor handy (eg Textwrangler, BBEdit etc..)
- open ES2L kit Tools then "DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e" folder and double click "DSDT Patcher"
- a terminal window will open then press any key to continue
- next it will ask "Which OS to emulate? [0=Darwin, 1=WinXP, 2=WinVista]" input "0" and press enter
- a new Debug folder will appear and inside it are a few files but we are interested in "dsdt.dsl"
- open your dsdt.dsl using your preffered texteditor so we can start editing
- also as reference, open my included dsl to copy from it directly or check how it's done
- on your keyboard press "command F (Find)" and look for "_WAK", right above it copy paste "DTGP" located on your dsdtfix file
- again "command F (Find)" and enter RTC, look for "0x04" below RTC and changed them to "0x02" - this fix is for CMOS Reset
- command F (Find) and enter Azalia, go to dsdtfix file and copy paste "HDEF" to your dsl replacing azalia.. again check my included dsl for reference - this is for ALC883 Audio
>>>