InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

zim2dive 06-16-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0nk (Post 48843)
Just did the 10.6.4 update I removed sleepenabler kext, It installed without a problem. sound and ethernet still work, My update was only 300 some megs I have another laptop to upgrade and the 10.6.4 update is over 900 megs so... the 300 one seems safe :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyd (Post 48846)
Here's everything I have, thought it'd be useful for anyone who's stuck.
I'm on 10.6.4 in 64 bit mode with everything working great besides sleep (which isn't a big deal for me).

The kexts in my Extra/Extensions folder are:
fakesmc
JMicronATA
NullCPUPowerManagement
NVEnabler64
OpenHaltRestart
PlatformUUID

Additional kexts that I installed on top of everything to S/L/E:
LegacyALC883
AtherosL1cEthernet
AppleHDA

I attached my Extra folder to this post, in it you'll find all the kexts I mentioned along with my DSDT. Hope this helps!

I noticed one person had to use the AppleHDA kext from 10.6.2 for audio (just as we had to for 10.6.3), but the other didn't mention it)

Please post which versions of mobo you have (and/or add a .sig in your user profile). Thanks!

BlaSTiWi 06-17-2010 02:41 AM

Where did you get your DSDT file? Just wonderin' 'cuz the size of my DSDT is 16K (from the OP zip on the 1st pg) and your DSDT in the zip you provided is 20K ... I wonder what's the diff. in it.

Tkx!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyd (Post 48846)
Here's everything I have, thought it'd be useful for anyone who's stuck.
I'm on 10.6.4 in 64 bit mode with everything working great besides sleep (which isn't a big deal for me).

The kexts in my Extra/Extensions folder are:
fakesmc
JMicronATA
NullCPUPowerManagement
NVEnabler64
OpenHaltRestart
PlatformUUID

Additional kexts that I installed on top of everything to S/L/E:
LegacyALC883
AtherosL1cEthernet
AppleHDA

I attached my Extra folder to this post, in it you'll find all the kexts I mentioned along with my DSDT. Hope this helps!

miko88 06-18-2010 08:40 AM

GA-g31m-es2l R2.0 with nvidia 7300 GT 256mb

Hi! I'm new in this forum, I'm already registred in the InsanelyMac forum with the same nick name.
I bought a GA-g31m-es2l R2.0 and installed with Snow Leopard Retail of this guide. Seems work fine. Can I boot in x64 with a GF 7300 GT or is supported only in x32 mode? Sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian.
Thanks

infiniteThanks 06-20-2010 07:28 AM

Audio Pain, 10.6.4 etc.

I could not get audio to work after moving to 10.6.3 no matter how hard I tried. So i did something drastic:
Got a USB stereo adapter. You may pick any of the ones available; I picked the one that works without drivers for OSX. The one I chose was the Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter based on the C-Media Chipset.

http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UAU.../dp/B001MSS6CS.

Why? It is 9.99 at Amazon.

Step 1. Remove all audio related kexts from /Extra/Extensions. In my case they were AppleHDA.kext and LegacyALC883.kext.

Step 2: REMOVE /Extra/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext. This is to avoid a kernel panic when you install 10.6.4

Step 3: Rebuild /Extra/Extensions.mkext. Use mkexttool.app or the following command line:
sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions

You can optimize based on if you are running 32 bit mode or 6 bit mode by using only the -a i386 or -a x86_64 respectively.

Step 3: Download Updates 10.6.4 Pretty big. Reboot.

Step 4: Attach the USB sound device and plug in speaker and microphone inputs. Make sure that everything is pushed in completely.

Step 5: Go to System Preferences -> Sound. You should see C-Media USB Audio.

Make sure the volume for microphone is set properly. Mine was set to minimum.

There seems to be a new SleepEnabler out but some people have had issues with it. So I am waiting for the jury.

JertheMacUser 06-20-2010 11:48 PM

Hi, new to the board here. I'm just cross posting on this forum as well to share my experience installing SL 10.6.3 on the Ga-G31m-es2l board.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3080

Cliff notes:
I used the iBoot method and was able to successfully install. As expected sound, lan, and sleep are not working but am looking into it. I can also verify that the network drivers work from this link http://code.google.com/p/iats/downloads/list worked for me.

twr 06-22-2010 04:23 PM

hello there,

being a user of a G31M-ES2L rev. 1, I'd really like to be able to use the top-of-the-art DSDT provided on the first page, but actually, when I just put it into my /E/E (using C2 pré RC5, boothfs / fdisk440 flavour, so that my W7 x64 can sleep), my boot hangs after lots of messages about vmware fusion modules loading.

obviously, I'm missing something : any clue ?

another question : what am I supposed to do with the ES2Lw/allcurrentfixes.dsl file ? must I just compile it then try to boot ??

for now I'm kind of lost, so any help would be appreciated ...

zcream 06-24-2010 01:50 PM

I used this guide and am now at 10.6.3, Sleep is a problem though. Sometimes sleep works and I can wakeup the system.
Sometimes, the motherboard wakes up, the CPU fans spins but I cannot get the display back and I have to reboot.
I also get the USB device error if a USB device was plugged in before going to sleep.
I have the v2 board with the ar8131 kext for Ethernet.

simsim 06-26-2010 08:21 PM

10.6.3 to 10.6.4 update

Updated to 10.6.4.

Removed sleepenabler before update.
Only problem after restart was sound but AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2. made it work again.

32bit rev 1 board
kexts in extra:

fakesmc.kext
LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
PlatformUUID.kext

zim2dive 06-27-2010 05:39 PM

Rev 1 board, update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4

Removed SleepEnabler from /E/E
Copied /S/L/E/AppleHda.kext to a save folder
ran kext util

Downloaded combo update, ran, rebooted

No sound (expected).

Copied saved AppleHDA to /S/L/E
Copied new 10.6.4 SleepEnabler to /E/E
ran kext util

rebooted

No sound.

re-copied the 10.6.2 AppleHDA and rebooted.. still no luck.

Tried running the Tonymac 10.6.2 AppleHDA installer.. got a KP on reboot after that. Sigh.

Booted into my back partition and copied AppleHDA over from that to my main partition. Removed kext caches. Rebooted. Booting to 10.6.4 again, still no audio device tho.

What am I missing??

EDIT: per following this guide from day1, my /E/E is
Code:

LegacyALC883.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
fakesmc.kext

EDIT2: Using AppleHDA.kext-10.6.4-ALC883.zip from http://www.mediafire.com/?khmky1qwzzz I have audio again. Not sure why the 10.6.2 AppleHDA was not sufficient??

zcream 06-28-2010 11:11 AM

Has anyone encountered the following sleep issues ?
Sometimes the system goes to sleep and clicking the mouse brings it back on.
sometimes the system wakes up, but the display is still black and the display does not come back online.
Just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue and what the fix might be ?
I have the v2 ES2l board with the ar8131 ethernet drivers. Graphics is a Gigabyte 8500GT 512MB card.