InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

The Connactic 09-21-2012 11:26 PM

Take a look at this link: your answer is in pink, red and purple types: http://www.osx86.net/view/2723-amd_k...or_10.7.4.html

Godofwar 09-21-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58860)
Take a look at this link: your answer is in pink, red and purple types: http://www.osx86.net/view/2723-amd_k...or_10.7.4.html

Still don't understand, also I can't download anything from os86's website because they have a download limit... :eek:

Also, I finally got chameleon boot thing to open but it's protected and won't let me save <key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000</string>

Damn, I just connected my Windows 7 hard drive back in and Chameleon loader is still the old version for Lion... Also, for some reason the free space 70gigs will not combine with Lion... I don't understand why the 2009 Chameleon won't go away, I've installed the latest Chameleon like a zillion times on the lions hard drive. It only detects the latest Chameleon when Windows isn't plugged in... How strange.

The Connactic 09-22-2012 12:10 AM

Because you installed Snow Leopard in the first partition. Now, that becomes dead space. In disk utility, once you set a partition scheme, only the first one is malleable. The second one cannot be resized, so you're out of luck. Maybe this is also the cause for the persistence of Snow Leo's old Chameleon. :)

By the way, when you installed Snow Leopard, you remembered to disconnect the Windows drive before doing it? Because maybe the old chameleon you see is the one that was installed in the Windows drive in the case you forgot to disconnect it, so you would be again out of luck. When installing OSX, and specially installing chameleon, always disconnect your Windows and other OSes disks.

Godofwar 09-22-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58863)
Because you installed Snow Leopard in the first partition. Now, that becomes dead space. In disk utility, once you set a partition scheme, only the first one is malleable. The second one cannot be resized, so you're out of luck. Maybe this is also the cause for the persistence of Snow Leo's old Chameleon. :)

By the way, when you installed Snow Leopard, you remembered to disconnect the Windows drive before doing it? Because maybe the old chameleon you see is the one that was installed in the Windows drive in the case you forgot to disconnect it, so you would be again out of luck. When installing OSX, and specially installing chameleon, always disconnect your Windows and other OSes disks.

Can't do that, if I do that Snow Leopard will not detect my mouse. For some reason Windows 7 and Snow Leopard are linked to each other even tho their on two seperate Harddrives. I've remembered in the past when I tried to install Snow Leopard and my usb Mouse was messed up and I had no internet. But when I had Windows 7 on the main harddrive(1st Harddrive) and Snow Leopard on the second it would pick up the usb mouse and internet connection. I am using Hazards distro keep that in mind, not sure if its much different than a real Snow Leopard OS.

instant idiot 09-22-2012 01:56 AM

I just tried installing the 10.7.5 update combo, and it corrupted the filesystem! (Fsck says "invalid node structure.") I'm going to try installing it again. If that fails, I'll know something strange is going on.

@The Connactic: Thanks for the tip, but I don't use iCloud, so that doesn't affect me.

Godofwar 09-22-2012 02:03 AM

Do I have to update or can I stick with 10.7.2 Lion? Because I tried updating to 10.7.3 earlier and it was a waste of time because it would not let me replace Finder. I still have that stupid bug where I can't add applications and sometimes I can't even replace stuff. I might be giving up on Hackintosh soon enough if I cant get Windows 7 and Lion together. I'm going to try your method of installing Snow Leopard on the 2nd partition and with Windows 7's harddrive unplugged. I just hope I don't run into that stupid error where my usb mouse isn't detected again. Not only does it not detect usb mice than, but even if I used my semi broken mouse that isn't USB cord, when I get to the main snow leopard screen it freezes and I can't type... It's weird, I don't know why it does that... But will see. Hackintosh is a pain in the ass and I'm not sure any operating system is worth all this trouble. Plus, when I was in Lion I thought Snow Leopards wallpaper and some of the icons on Snow Leopard actually looked better looking. The Applications folder on Lion is fugly, I liked the one on Snow Leopard. Mind you I'm sure there's a program out there to change the applications folder. I alson don't like that rocket launcher.

The Connactic 09-22-2012 02:50 AM

Godofwar, if you can stand the difficulties of running Lion on AMD, you should stay on Snow Leopard. It's not the latest and greatest, but it's far better than anything Windows can offer (well, i didn't use Win8 to know better) and run great on AMD!

Lion, as i told you, takes a lot of effort to run stable and will run only 32-bit (that means no original Finder, no Xcode, no 64-bit cool game etc etc etc)., unless you have a Bulldozer FX-Series CPU.

Godofwar 09-22-2012 02:56 AM

Hazard Snow and Windows 7 need each other... My cursor only works when Windows 7 harddrive is plugged in... This is weird?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58867)
Godofwar, if you can stand the difficulties of running Lion on AMD, you should stay on Snow Leopard. It's not the latest and greatest, but it's far better than anything Windows can offer (well, i didn't use Win8 to know better) and run great on AMD!

Lion, as i told you, takes a lot of effort to run stable and will run only 32-bit (that means no original Finder, no Xcode, no 64-bit cool game etc etc etc)., unless you have a Bulldozer FX-Series CPU.

Gtx 570 isn't supported on Snow Leopard. I don't know of any kexts that exist that can get gtx 570 to work so I can have 1920x1200 resolution for Snow Leopard.

The Connactic 09-22-2012 03:02 AM

Don't you have an onboard graphics in your MoBo, Godofwar? Since it's an AMD, the onboard graphics are usually ATI or AMD too...

instant idiot 09-22-2012 03:30 AM

Bad news: I tried installing 10.7.5 again: it corrupted the filesystem again! Now, I'm going to try first updating to 10.7.4 and then to 10.7.5.