InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

akimoa 08-28-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4f1050 (Post 55240)
Desperate on this as well. I upgraded to a GeForce GTS 450 from on-board GeForce 8200 (no QE/CI) had to use Opera for Youtube LOL

Problem in 10.6.8 is my system freezes! I am actually running a QuickTime video on the background just to get a few hours of use. Before I could only use the system a few minutes.

Next thing im going to try (since I don't use it) is disable the HDMI on the board.

im asuming u on 10.6.8 AMD with nawcoms latest kernel ...if thats the case go back a few kernels like to 10.6.6 or 10.6.5 to avoid the freezes and when u do that be shure also go back in ACPI Kexts otherwise older kernel won't boot ..the freezes occure since the kernel changed a bit from older version wich he wasn't able to solve yet

todesto 08-29-2011 07:11 PM

can't wait

Just when I though I was out.....They pull me right BACK in! (quote from Godfather III ;))

I was gonna stay with 10.6.7 with my AMD system, but now I see the light!

Thanks Andy!

mayx 08-30-2011 07:36 AM

Thank you, Andy, you save my amd machine. :'(

Hope you success! ;)

m4f1050 08-31-2011 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akimoa (Post 55243)
im asuming u on 10.6.8 AMD with nawcoms latest kernel ...if thats the case go back a few kernels like to 10.6.6 or 10.6.5 to avoid the freezes and when u do that be shure also go back in ACPI Kexts otherwise older kernel won't boot ..the freezes occure since the kernel changed a bit from older version wich he wasn't able to solve yet

I solved the freezing issue by running a script that opens a blank mp4 and sets the window size to 0,0,0,0 before I was hiding it but it was putting the GTS 450 to sleep and it would freeze. Ive had 3 days running without a freeze now. BUT I would like Lion 10.7 if possible. I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU. And I am using Legacy Kernel 10.8 (by ????) <-- how do I find out?

friken 09-02-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyvand (Post 55075)
Thanks, I finished making the patches yesterday.
Now some minor changes to the build scripts and I can upload the sources + built product (NOTE: I'm using Xcode 3.2.6 atm for building them, wastez will afterwards recompile the sources with Xcode 4.1 for final build)

Hi Andy, been a while since you posted the above. Any update for us? Thanks again for the work on this. You've got more than a few of us w/ AMDs itching to move to lion :)

I'm starting to hear more firm release dates on bulldozer too. Fingers crossed that it won't be too tough to get it working in osx.

maya77 09-03-2011 05:54 PM

nawcom may do it again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nawcom
... Oh I also thought about AMD stuff. I haven’t really played with AMD lately. I guess I should, since not anyone really has gotten it working. I did see AnV make a lion legacy kernel, but since tested, it has failed every AMD user. So we still have some things to get finished I suppose.

nightf4ll 09-03-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maya77 (Post 55366)
nawcom may do it again!

Long life AMD god Nawcom! ;) Now I have some hope of running Lion on my hackintosh.. :D

friken 09-03-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maya77 (Post 55366)
nawcom may do it again!

Sweet! Would love a lion AMD kern.

My big worry is that bulldozer comes out and is as good as I hope and we have to wait a year or three to get a patched kern for it :/

nightf4ll 09-04-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friken (Post 55368)
Sweet! Would love a lion AMD kern.

My big worry is that bulldozer comes out and is as good as I hope and we have to wait a year or three to get a patched kern for it :/

Hmm, why dont u switch to Intel instead buying those new AMD processors? When they come out, Intel will have to reduce prices and the only extra cost for you will be new MB.

friken 09-04-2011 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightf4ll (Post 55371)
Hmm, why dont u switch to Intel instead buying those new AMD processors? When they come out, Intel will have to reduce prices and the only extra cost for you will be new MB.

Not sure intel will drop prices. Right now it's ~3-4x cost difference to go intel between pricey mobos and way overpriced cpus. My 3 year old $100 (cheaper now) phenom2x2 unlocked 4 core and OC'd to 3.8Ghz has been a great thing for price/performance. My mobo was $39. Soooo short answer, I'm a cheap bastard ;)