InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

Lacedaemon 04-17-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57127)
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=278181 Here's the guide, anyway yes it still crashes, sadly.

Hi,

I have an existing Snow Leopard installation and am interested in installing/upgrading to OS X Lion. I followed your guide step by step, but every time I try to boot from my Lion partition, it instantly reboots the PC. During the post-installation phase, I didn't quite understand you when you said, "Install Chameleon using Chameleon Wizard on the harddrive." So I went ahead and used my existing bootloader to try and boot Lion, of course with your boot flags. I also tried using a USB stick to boot from it, but no success. Could the existing bootloader be the problem, and if it is, should I attempt to find the previously explained "Chameleon wizard" to install the proper one, then use fdisk to make my Lion partition my active one?

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

rhcp011235 04-17-2012 07:29 AM

Well, Thanks for getting this kernel going.

I have installed and gotten a FX4100 AMD chip to boot/install Lion. Finder works and Itunes works and appstore works. It doesnt seem to like to run 32bit apps. DYLD needs to be patched so it seems and many more things. This has a way to go.

Many OSX86 devs are on a IRC server that i use. Including nawcom and others.

I have started a chan for AMD. irc.sojugarden.com #amd-hackintosh also people are in #hackintosh

lunfai 04-17-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57129)
Hi,

I have an existing Snow Leopard installation and am interested in installing/upgrading to OS X Lion. I followed your guide step by step, but every time I try to boot from my Lion partition, it instantly reboots the PC. During the post-installation phase, I didn't quite understand you when you said, "Install Chameleon using Chameleon Wizard on the harddrive." So I went ahead and used my existing bootloader to try and boot Lion, of course with your boot flags. I also tried using a USB stick to boot from it, but no success. Could the existing bootloader be the problem, and if it is, should I attempt to find the previously explained "Chameleon wizard" to install the proper one, then use fdisk to make my Lion partition my active one?

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

Hello! Did you replace the mach_kernel file in the root of the installed Lion partition? If your machine reboots without showing any verbose (after kexts are loaded on screen and kicks into the system boot, your machine is either unsupported or your using wrong mach_kernel.

Try v5 or the one at the bottom (of the 5, the oldest one), but shouldn't make a difference. Charmeleon Wizard is a program you can get for Mac (Snow Leopard/Lion) that installs the latest version of Charmeleon (or update), with ease. It's a small application that downloads the latest trunk build and then even does the dirty work for you.

But, reading from that you need to replace mach_kernel. Open your Snow Leopard partition OR macdrive and replace the mach_kernel (it will be hidden, use showallfiles) on your Lion partition.

Lacedaemon 04-17-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57131)
Hello! Did you replace the mach_kernel file in the root of the installed Lion partition? If your machine reboots without showing any verbose (after kexts are loaded on screen and kicks into the system boot, your machine is either unsupported or your using wrong mach_kernel.

Try v5 or the one at the bottom (of the 5, the oldest one), but shouldn't make a difference. Charmeleon Wizard is a program you can get for Mac (Snow Leopard/Lion) that installs the latest version of Charmeleon (or update), with ease. It's a small application that downloads the latest trunk build and then even does the dirty work for you.

But, reading from that you need to replace mach_kernel. Open your Snow Leopard partition OR macdrive and replace the mach_kernel (it will be hidden, use showallfiles) on your Lion partition.

Thanks for replying, lunfai. Yes, I did replace the mach_kernel with the one in your guide, and the system did in fact list a bunch of kexts before rebooting. I'll go ahead and try the different kernels you described and report back. Thanks again! ^_^

lunfai 04-17-2012 07:13 PM

Using a newer version of Chameleon might of been the problem, what build is the one your using? Let's add stuff.

Quote:

-legacy -x -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000 USBLegacyOff=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No

Lacedaemon 04-17-2012 07:37 PM

OK, I have not yet rebooted into Lion but I have replaced the mach_kernel with the v5 one. I am using Chameleon v2.0-RC5_699 (please note: this is located on my Snow Leopard partition, not my Lion partiton. I think I'll have to use fdisk to make the Lion partition active if I want to boot from there.) Thanks for those updated boot flags, I'll try those out later once this version thing is sorted out.

lunfai 04-17-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57137)
OK, I have not yet rebooted into Lion but I have replaced the mach_kernel with the v5 one. I am using Chameleon v2.0-RC5_699 (please note: this is located on my Snow Leopard partition, not my Lion partiton. I think I'll have to use fdisk to make the Lion partition active if I want to boot from there.) Thanks for those updated boot flags, I'll try those out later once this version thing is sorted out.

The great thing about Chameleon Wizard is, it'll actually be able to upgrade your snow leopards chameleon to the latest build by picking partition, and you won't need to install it on the lion partition. :)

majicones 04-17-2012 09:50 PM

Hi I need help installing Lion. I am currently running snow leopard 10.6.8 on a Dell Inspiron M5030, AMD Athlon II P360 Dual Core Processor. I am a newb so please help with an easy solution.

majicones 04-17-2012 09:52 PM

I have 8gb ddr3 ram, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series

dwash 04-17-2012 10:01 PM

CPU-Z TXT Report
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binaries

CPU-Z version 1.60

Processors

Number of processors 1
Number of threads 2

APICs

Processor 0
-- Core 0
-- Thread 0 0
-- Core 1
-- Thread 0 1

Processors Information

Processor 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 2 (max 2)
Number of threads 2 (max 2)
Name AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+
Codename Brisbane
Specification AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+
Package Socket AM2 (940)
CPUID F.B.1
Extended CPUID F.6B
Brand ID 4
Core Stepping BH-G1
Technology 65 nm
Core Speed 1908.7 MHz
Multiplier x FSB 9.5 x 200.9 MHz
HT Link speed 1004.6 MHz
Stock frequency 1900 MHz
Instructions sets MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64, AMD-V
L1 Data cache 2 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L1 Instruction cache 2 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L2 cache 2 x 512 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64-byte line size
FID/VID Control yes
Max FID 9.5x
Max VID 1.300 V
# of P-States 3
P-State FID 0x2 - VID 0x12 (5.00x - 1.100 V)
P-State FID 0xA - VID 0x0D (9.00x - 1.225 V)
P-State FID 0xB - VID 0x0C (9.50x - 1.250 V)

K8 Thermal sensor yes
K8 Revision ID 6.0
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 0
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 1
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 2
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 3

SOMBODY HELP NEED TO GET LION IT HANG AFTER FINDING BSD ROOT DEVICE FROM OSINSTALL PKG AND FROM USB INSTALLER SAME THING