InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

lunfai 04-18-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57151)
OK, I'll try to take a pic of the problem using my iPad. For now, I got the boot process to go a little farther by adding the flag:

Code:

pmVersion=0
By adding this flag, the "Mac Framework" successfully started, but it still kernel-panicked. I tried both variations of your flags in addition to "pmVersion=0" but none worked.

would be helpful so we can see what we're dealing with ;)

Lacedaemon 04-18-2012 03:30 AM

Error Images

2 Attachment(s)
OK, I've attached the pictures of my error; I took these with my iPad camera, with the hopes of giving you guys a basic idea of what I'm facing. If you need a clearer image, or need a closer look at a string of text, I can give you a higher-res image. Thanks for helping me solve this thing! ^_^

Note: The portrait image was booted with pmVersion=0; The landscape image was booted without pmVersion=0. The difference can easily spotted, with the pmVersion=0 image having considerably more text than the landscape non-pmVersion=0 image.

delgadilloalex 04-18-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57153)
OK, I've attached the pictures of my error; I took these with my iPad camera, with the hopes of giving you guys a basic idea of what I'm facing. If you need a clearer image, or need a closer look at a string of text, I can give you a higher-res image. Thanks for helping me solve this thing! ^_^

Note: The portrait image was booted with pmVersion=0; The landscape image was booted without pmVersion=0. The difference can easily spotted, with the pmVersion=0 image having considerably more text than the landscape non-pmVersion=0 image.

try a different fakesmc.kext
ir check the contents with right click >get info>contents/plugins/
make sure there isint any intel plugins if so remove them and reinstall kext

Lacedaemon 04-18-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delgadilloalex (Post 57154)
try a different fakesmc.kext
ir check the contents with right click >get info>contents/plugins/
make sure there isint any intel plugins if so remove them and reinstall kext

Hi delgadilloalex,

Thanks for the suggestion! I will begin removing the previously mentioned plugins ASAP. How should I reinstall the kext? I normally use Kext Utility to install/service kexts; Would it be okay to use this application?

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

UPDATE: I viewed the package contents of the kext, there's no such directory as "Plugins". I tried using the "open" command in Terminal, but to no success. Can anyone please direct me to a suitable Fakesmc.kext? Thanks!

Unrealized 04-18-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57137)
OK, I have not yet rebooted into Lion but I have replaced the mach_kernel with the v5 one. I am using Chameleon v2.0-RC5_699 (please note: this is located on my Snow Leopard partition, not my Lion partiton. I think I'll have to use fdisk to make the Lion partition active if I want to boot from there.) Thanks for those updated boot flags, I'll try those out later once this version thing is sorted out.

I think your Chameleon is far too old. :) r699 is so old, we are running r1900 already ;)

paced98 04-18-2012 02:53 PM

@lunfai can you use my Finder.app that I uploaded in the guide that you posted or you shouldn't?

lunfai 04-18-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paced98 (Post 57157)
@lunfai can you use my Finder.app that I uploaded in the guide that you posted or you shouldn't?

It works, I used the one from OSX86 on page 9.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57155)
Hi delgadilloalex,

Thanks for the suggestion! I will begin removing the previously mentioned plugins ASAP. How should I reinstall the kext? I normally use Kext Utility to install/service kexts; Would it be okay to use this application?

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

UPDATE: I viewed the package contents of the kext, there's no such directory as "Plugins". I tried using the "open" command in Terminal, but to no success. Can anyone please direct me to a suitable Fakesmc.kext? Thanks!

Did you update Chameleon?

http://cl.ly/3U421G0q3o402U133h2d

- Unzip these kexts in /System/Library/Extensions
- Reboot with bootflags: (when you press enter, unplug keyboard/mouse, when kexts are loading).
Quote:

-x -v -f -legacy npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No pmVersion=0

bronzovka 04-18-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57153)

Hi !
You need delete sleepenabler.kext ;)

Lacedaemon 04-18-2012 08:19 PM

Should I delete the SleepEnabler.kext... in my Snow Leopard installation? I did a complete search of both the /Extra and S/L/E directories on my Lion partition and there's no such "SleepEnabler.kext".

To lunfai; I updated Chameleon using Chameleon Wizard, then tried your original and modified boot flags Also, I replaced the kexts in my Lion installation with yours, lunfai, and unplugeed mouse and keyboard as directed. None worked.

lunfai 04-18-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57160)
Should I delete the SleepEnabler.kext... in my Snow Leopard installation? I did a complete search of both the /Extra and S/L/E directories on my Lion partition and there's no such "SleepEnabler.kext".

To lunfai; I updated Chameleon using Chameleon Wizard, then tried your original and modified boot flags Also, I replaced the kexts in my Lion installation with yours, lunfai, and unplugeed mouse and keyboard as directed. None worked.

still same errors?