InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

$The-King$ 04-18-2012 09:31 PM

i fixed my problem with snow after upgrading my hardware

i will try with lion when ssse3 emulator appears it doesn't make sense to me to setup lion on my pc and i already have notebook running lion

hope ssse3 emulator appears soon

Lacedaemon 04-18-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57161)
still same errors?

Yeah, pretty much... :-/ Do you have any clue as to what exactly is preventing Lion to boot at this point?

lunfai 04-18-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57163)
Yeah, pretty much... :-/ Do you have any clue as to what exactly is preventing Lion to boot at this point?

Everything up to that point is normal, can you install chameleon on another usb stick using chameleon wizard. If you updated the Snow Leopard one, I think you still have some kexts there in Extra/Extensions, this is causing a disruption with the system boot up.

I think this because it says there's a duplicate fakeSMC name (look in your screenshot with pmVersion=0). It says that it's being loaded again, so there has to be another kext being loaded somewhere, and it would make perfect sense. Just install clean chameleon on a new usb stick or remove Extra/Extensions + Extensions.mkext from the current chameleon. I'm not particular picking at fakeSMC, but it could be loading more then just fakeSMC (like Evoreboot, IOPCI, disabler, basically old snow leopard kexts), and these kexts could be causing the kernel panic.

Lacedaemon 04-19-2012 06:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57164)
Everything up to that point is normal, can you install chameleon on another usb stick using chameleon wizard. If you updated the Snow Leopard one, I think you still have some kexts there in Extra/Extensions, this is causing a disruption with the system boot up.

I think this because it says there's a duplicate fakeSMC name (look in your screenshot with pmVersion=0). It says that it's being loaded again, so there has to be another kext being loaded somewhere, and it would make perfect sense. Just install clean chameleon on a new usb stick or remove Extra/Extensions + Extensions.mkext from the current chameleon. I'm not particular picking at fakeSMC, but it could be loading more then just fakeSMC (like Evoreboot, IOPCI, disabler, basically old snow leopard kexts), and these kexts could be causing the kernel panic.

OK, I installed Chameleon on my 16 GB SanDisk Cruzer using Chameleon Wizard as instructed, and the boot process went way further than before! ^_^ The infamous kernel panic is gone, but another problem as risen, as you will see below and in the attached pictures. The boot process stops at the following strings:

Code:

IntelCPUMonitor: Based on code by mercurysquad, superhai ©2008
IntelCPUMonitor: [Warning] No Intel processor found, kext will not load

Booting with lunfai's original boot flags, I let the PC interact with the hard drive and the flash drive for more than 30 minutes, but it stayed at the same screen for the duration of the time. What do you guys think is wrong now?

Again, these pictures were taken with my iPad, so if anyone needs higher-res pics, I can certainly get those to you. :)

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

rhcp011235 04-19-2012 07:27 AM

Is anyone working on getting the kernel to boot into full 64bit mode? so 32bit and 64bit apps run? Im currently on a FX4100. There is a place in there which needs to get patched for this cpu. One user here has done it.

Mine is fully booting with finder working. My cpu has SSE3. dual video / Audio. Just all 32bit apps crash :) since its half/half.

Wondering if anyone is working on this.

Feel free to come join us @ irc.sojugarden.com #hackintosh

More devs please and less people trying to get things to boot ;)

Unrealized 04-19-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhcp011235 (Post 57166)
Is anyone working on getting the kernel to boot into full 64bit mode? so 32bit and 64bit apps run? Im currently on a FX4100. There is a place in there which needs to get patched for this cpu. One user here has done it.

Mine is fully booting with finder working. My cpu has SSE3. dual video / Audio. Just all 32bit apps crash :) since its half/half.

Wondering if anyone is working on this.

Feel free to come join us @ irc.sojugarden.com #hackintosh

More devs please and less people trying to get things to boot ;)

I think the devs should use a version tracking system... Having random diffs there and there is no deal.

delgadilloalex 04-19-2012 04:29 PM

xpchelper

so i removed reportcrash .file
from sys/lib/coreserv/reportcrash
and it doesn't steal all your cpu power to report the xpchleper crash over and over
the apps are working great without reportcrash after 45min of use.:cool:
and force quit xpchelper in activity monitor helps as well

and i also ran marvins amd utility to make a patcher pkg and used maxxus patcher to do cupid file patch made in marvins util.
it patched nicely do you think that whats helping the apps work better than before?

lunfai 04-19-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57165)
OK, I installed Chameleon on my 16 GB SanDisk Cruzer using Chameleon Wizard as instructed, and the boot process went way further than before! ^_^ The infamous kernel panic is gone, but another problem as risen, as you will see below and in the attached pictures. The boot process stops at the following strings:

Code:

IntelCPUMonitor: Based on code by mercurysquad, superhai ©2008
IntelCPUMonitor: [Warning] No Intel processor found, kext will not load

Booting with lunfai's original boot flags, I let the PC interact with the hard drive and the flash drive for more than 30 minutes, but it stayed at the same screen for the duration of the time. What do you guys think is wrong now?

Again, these pictures were taken with my iPad, so if anyone needs higher-res pics, I can certainly get those to you. :)

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

Your really close now! Like really close as dmos has arrive is one of the final signs, not sure why that's showing up, did you use iATKOS L2? Try removing NULLintel... Kext that I gave you, from /system/library/extensions/ And boot up with -x

Quote:

Originally Posted by delgadilloalex (Post 57169)
so i removed reportcrash .file
from sys/lib/coreserv/reportcrash
and it doesn't steal all your cpu power to report the xpchleper crash over and over
the apps are working great without reportcrash after 45min of use.:cool:
and force quit xpchelper in activity monitor helps as well

and i also ran marvins amd utility to make a patcher pkg and used maxxus patcher to do cupid file patch made in marvins util.
it patched nicely do you think that whats helping the apps work better than before?

I'll be testing this tonight, I'll look more into it and add it to my guide, with credits to you for finding it out.

EDIT: testing on removing reportcrash, and see what happens for now.
EDIT: removing reportcrash made it last 10 minutes or so longer. I'm going to try and quit XPChelper every so often to see what happens.

Lacedaemon 04-19-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57170)
Your really close now! Like really close as dmos has arrive is one of the final signs, not sure why that's showing up, did you use iATKOS L2? Try removing NULLintel... Kext that I gave you, from /system/library/extensions/ And boot up with -x

OK, so I removed the "NULLintel" kext you gave me, which I'm guessing is NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and then booted with your original boot flags, and also added -x later. The boot process still ends at the same place... :-/

Yes, I did use iAtkos L2 to install Lion.

tejaswi.rohit 04-19-2012 10:55 PM

Got it to work on my AMD machine :D

PC Specs:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
XFX ATI 5770
Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H

Used iAtkos L2 to install onto a different partition then swapped the mach_kernel. Booted with kernel flags "-legacy -v npci=0x3000" . Replaced Finder with DP2 Finder.

Thanks to all those who put in their efforts to make the kernel :)