InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

davisin666 05-13-2012 08:26 PM

What if Apple's iCloud reads the uname -v output???

todesto 05-13-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57485)
iCloud/iMessage will not work on AMD systems, due to the kernel being self-compiled. The only way to get it working is using the vanilla mach_kernel, and you can't do that unless you're running an Intel system. Appstore will work flawlessly though.

Even if you have en0 </true>, ethernet device-prop, ethernetbuiltin. I think it's an underlying issue with the UUID not being passed to iCloud and iMessage that's not actually giving your device the authentication it needs to connect to the server. But I've not investigated the issue, but I've read countless posts online. Once I switched to Intel build, it worked automatically.

Here's a topic about the issue: http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/0...n-in-problems/

What I am trying to do is, edit UUID line of iMac with Lion runnning that I have.

I also notice Apple checks for the autheticity of Lion when setting up for the first time when wireless is connected and if your Apple ID has no record of purchasing Lion, it won't pass. At least that is what happened to me. So Apple is definitely doing something about Lion.dmg on torrents...I think.

anonomys209 05-13-2012 09:59 PM

Has anyone tried to use the new Photo Booth yet? I have a Logitech HD Webcam that I've been using for Facetime and Photo Booth on SL with no problem. Still works on Lion, but the new Photo Booth effects don't seem to be working... does anyone know if this is related to the camera hardware? Or is this something that can be fixed? Thanks.

jeaton2012 05-14-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57489)
Has anyone tried to use the new Photo Booth yet? I have a Logitech HD Webcam that I've been using for Facetime and Photo Booth on SL with no problem. Still works on Lion, but the new Photo Booth effects don't seem to be working... does anyone know if this is related to the camera hardware? Or is this something that can be fixed? Thanks.

Apparently the new Photo Booth effects only work in 64 bits. Same problem here, so I don't think it's camera related.

anonomys209 05-14-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57490)
Apparently the new Photo Booth effects only work in 64 bits. Same problem here, so I don't think it's camera related.

Actually just figured that out, thanks tho bro.

MotionFX on the AppStore is actually really cool and it still utilizes the facial recognition and everything too if u wanna check out the new capabilities ;)

PS: I'm in love with fullscreen app switching, I don't know about the rest of you LOL :D

jeaton2012 05-14-2012 12:24 AM

Thanks for the tip! And is anyone here having trouble exiting full screen apps? Like sometimes it will make the whole system freeze when exiting them. :/ It also happens sometimes when I delete a desktop space from dashboard.

anonomys209 05-14-2012 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57492)
Thanks for the tip! And is anyone here having trouble exiting full screen apps? Like sometimes it will make the whole system freeze when exiting them. :/ It also happens sometimes when I delete a desktop space from dashboard.

Now there's ONE issue that I have NOT had LOL I thought I had just about all of 'em too...

Do you mean exiting fullscreen mode? Or exiting the app while IN fullscreen mode?

xmaniak100 05-14-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57494)
Now there's ONE issue that I have NOT had LOL I thought I had just about all of 'em too...

Do you mean exiting fullscreen mode? Or exiting the app while IN fullscreen mode?

He means exiting fullscreen mode...happened to me as well but i think it happens just on non apple Apps cause for me it happend on angry birds but never in Safari

And BTW is there any ALC892 kext??? Cause VooDooHDA makes my audio fuzzy,AppleHDA is 64bit and HDAenablers doesnt work

xmaniak100 05-14-2012 04:45 AM

Good news

Update
Many people seem to have problems with iCloud – I know this thanks to the Google search statistics. Searches for setup and login issues are climbing steadily. Maybe it is time for me to start digging. A little deeper this time. Maybe. Maybe after I completed FileGuard. Ehm. We need Beta testers so… feel free to join us. That help me to finish it quicker. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth

Looks like apple will HAVE TO change it... Maybe next update will be good... And what about iDevices? Mine for example is running with self compiled kernel... And iCloud works... What if they would fetch something from it and replace it with the one here? I know its crazy idea but i saw that it is almost identical... And i mean they could fetch just the check and f.e. Emulate iOS

xmaniak100 05-14-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todesto (Post 57488)
What I am trying to do is, edit UUID line of iMac with Lion runnning that I have.

I also notice Apple checks for the autheticity of Lion when setting up for the first time when wireless is connected and if your Apple ID has no record of purchasing Lion, it won't pass. At least that is what happened to me. So Apple is definitely doing something about Lion.dmg on torrents...I think.

Yea maybe they do but you know... What if i buy a mac mini with lion and i somehow screw it before logging in? That would not make sense then

And BTW sry for 3 posts in a row... I didnt notice that