InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

lunfai 05-18-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostec (Post 57638)
Someone knows how to create a bootable "ISO" of chameleon? I guess the problems I'm having is because the rboot (from Tonymacx86) is loading somethings on the OS that is creating that mess. Since I can't install chameleon because of the problems I've already posted before, I need another way to boot in the OS .

Just download Chameleon Wizard and then choose to install Chameleon on USB. :)

ham4ever 05-18-2012 11:13 PM

i have two xpchelper runing and cant quit or force quit them,,
one is in /usr/libexec/xpchelper and run by spotlight
and other one run by user me

wat are those for ??
and can i just delete one in /usr/libexec/xpchelper ??

other thing that i delete folder zz but always back in seconds

also alot of this :
http://s15.postimage.org/k9d3x10zv/S...0_20_07_PM.png

instant idiot 05-19-2012 03:14 AM

Hello all!

From information from various forums, I have managed to get Mac OS X 10.7.4 running well enough to be posting this from it. Below are my specs.

ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3
AMD Athlon II x4 640
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670
12GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
Assorted SATA HDDs in AHCI mode
Penta-boot configuration: ArchLinux, Windows Vista, Windows 7, OS X 10.6.8, and OS X 10.7.4

Issues:

My graphics card (see above). It was a real bitch to get working in Snow Leopard and is not proving any easier in Lion. It also allows a 1400x1050 framebuffer, (or whatever it's called in OS X) so I can live with that until I get Quartz Extreme working.

I can only mount one DMG per boot. The first mounts and ejects perfectly, but if I try it a second time, DiskImageMounter just sits there with 4KBs of RAM used and does nothing.

Flash Player installer won't start. Again it just sits there using 4KBs of RAM.

Keyboard repeat doesn't work properly; I can hit a key faster than it will repeat on its own. Yes, I do have repeat rate set to max in System Preferences.

There are certainly others but none glaring enough to come to me at the moment.

Questions:

Nawcom, when are you making a Lion kernel? (JK)

I get the idea that xpchelper is causing a lot of issues but don't quite know what the issue is. I "mv /System/Library/CoreServices/ReportCrash /System/Library/CoreServices/ReportCrash.bak"ed because ReportCrash was eating my CPU, but xpchelper hasn't crashed yet to my knowledge.

What's all this?
Code:

May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _buf_attr
May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bufattr_throttled
May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _buf_attr
May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bufattr_throttled
May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleEFIRuntime]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _buf_attr
May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleEFIRuntime]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bufattr_throttled

Alright, so here's what I did in a nutshell:

1. Install OSInstall.mpkg from iATKOS L2 to a spare HDD. (USB in my case for convenience, makes no difference)
2. Copy this to / of your new installation. I can't remember if that works with 10.7.2, or if you have to use v4 from here.
3. Backup and replace Finder.app with this.
4. Reboot, and specify the following flags: mach_kernel_v6 -v arch=i386 -legacy npci=0x3000
5. Update to 10.7.4.
6. Remove ReportCrash.
7. Enjoy a mostly functional Lion install.

*** EDIT ***
It appears that iATKOS comes with FakeSMC V3.10, and V3.10 didn't work for me or felipeunix (see post 907), so replace it with V4.2 (or whatever the latest version is) from here.

Thanks to bronzovka and all the other people who've written this ~90 page goldmine of info!

-instant idiot
http://s15.postimage.org/bgbip1m4n/S...7_22_39_PM.jpg

jeaton2012 05-19-2012 03:34 AM

I've created an app to enable or disable all xpchelper caches so we don't have to go through that multiple step terminal guide I came up with ;)

Here it is.

jeaton2012 05-19-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instant idiot (Post 57647)
What's all this?
Code:

May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _buf_attr
May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bufattr_throttled
May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _buf_attr
May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bufattr_throttled
May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleEFIRuntime]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _buf_attr
May 18 13:38:26 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleEFIRuntime]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bufattr_throttled

To fix that error just replace System.kext with this one from 10.7.3.

instant idiot 05-19-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57649)
To fix that error just replace System.kext with this one from 10.7.3.

I'll try that. What will it do that I'll notice, if anything?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57648)
I've created an app to enable or disable all xpchelper caches so we don't have to go through that multiple step terminal guide I came up with ;)

Here it is.

Where might I find the guide?

Also, my uptime is just getting to the three hour mark, and I haven't noticed any degradation so far. Apps that work will still open, etc. I'm about to reboot to install that System.kext.

[ Edit Begin ]
I installed that System.kext, (backed up first) and now those messages about _buf_attr are gone, but it says this:
Code:

com.apple.launchd 1      com.apple.launchd 1      * * * launchd[1] has started up. * * *
com.apple.launchd 1      com.apple.launchd 1      * * * Verbose boot, will log to /dev/console. * * *
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libxar-nossl.dylib
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
          /usr/lib/libxar-nossl.dylib: stat() failed with errno=5
          /usr/lib/libxar-nossl.dylib: stat() failed with errno=5
com.apple.launchd 1      com.apple.lanuchctl.System 2      The System bootstrapper has crashed: Trace/BPT trap: 5

[ Edit End ]

felipeunix 05-19-2012 06:27 AM

Here with 10.7.3 + Kernel v6 = Not working!

always on the same line ..

"DSMOS has arrived"

I tried many combinations of flags, but without success.:mad:

CPU: FX-8120

anyone have any ideas?

instant idiot 05-19-2012 07:31 AM

I had to replace FakeSMC.kext with the latest one from here.

ham4ever 05-19-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57648)

Here it is.

thank u ;)

can u help me with those stuff in console,,

http://s15.postimage.org/k9d3x10zv/S...0_20_07_PM.png

and now this appears

http://s14.postimage.org/x13huif7l/S...9_16_59_AM.png

coz some apps wont start after that appears,,

rizki_alkaf 05-19-2012 11:46 AM

another problem here..

after few minutes xpchelper will crash. all apps launch fine with cache permission fix, copy paste works fine too with deleting zz folder.

but is it just me or can anyone confirm that log out is not working?
and here safari works but i can't change to any page. it's just spinninng forever..