InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

burger888 06-02-2012 12:20 PM

Well guys I've got to say I'm impressed. After running SL for ages on my AMD rig I have been watching this thread for weeks. Last weekend I gave it a go and within a few days Lion 10.7.4 has become my main boot (still got W7 & SL).

Specs are:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 6850
GA-890GPA-UD3H
M-Audio Delta 2496

Complete setup working great so far, but 32 bit mode only. What are chances on 64 bit kernel coming??

m4f1050 06-03-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejaswi.rohit (Post 57799)
I have the exact same specs as you. I have a perfect 32bit Lion 10.7.2 working.

Installed using iAtkos L2,Chimera 1.9 bootloader. Kernel Flags -legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Try those same kernel flags and see if it works :) use V4 Kernel all other kernels lag a big on this system. Need any help pm me :)

Thanks to you for the small info I needed to get OS X 10.7.2 going on my AMD Phenom II X4. I did need to add to my flags "pmVersion=0" (is it because I installed a kext that's not supported?)

Everything seems to work (except Final Cut X <--is it 64bit?)

Going to do a CCC and install the combo update 10.7.4 next. :)

I also have OS X 10.6.8 and Windows 7 on same drive (160gig Intel SSD) triple booting.

http://xtreme-toyz.net/Screen%20Shot...53.21%20PM.png

EDIT: I updated to 10.7.4 using raw's latest kernel. The HD light would not stop blinking so I booted back to OS X 10.6.8, too much HD activity ain't good for SSD....Is there any way of turning off Indexing?

http://xtreme-toyz.net/Screen%20Shot...01.46%20AM.png

EDIT 2: I searched on 10.6.8 for file size greater than 20mb and found kernelcache. Not sure if that was the issue but I booted back on 10.7.4 and the HD stopped the blinking.

gils 06-03-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4f1050 (Post 57817)
Thanks to you for the small info I needed to get OS X 10.7.2 going on my AMD Phenom II X4. I did need to add to my flags "pmVersion=0" (is it because I installed a kext that's not supported?)

Everything seems to work (except Final Cut X <--is it 64bit?)

Going to do a CCC and install the combo update 10.7.4 next. :)

I also have OS X 10.6.8 and Windows 7 on same drive (160gig Intel SSD) triple booting.

EDIT: I updated to 10.7.4 using raw's latest kernel. The HD light would not stop blinking so I booted back to OS X 10.6.8, too much HD activity ain't good for SSD....Is there any way of turning off Indexing?

EDIT 2: I searched on 10.6.8 for file size greater than 20mb and found kernelcache. Not sure if that was the issue but I booted back on 10.7.4 and the HD stopped the blinking.

hello,

"pmVersion=0" or other is useless, unless you're a sleepenabler somewhere!

R:A:W:X86 06-03-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostec (Post 57806)
With a SSSE3 emulator, Phenom users would be able to run as good as bulldozer's?

It appears to be launchd that makes use of SSSE3, which is actualy open-source (I haven't yet looked it up) - but even if we could patch it, there might be other (closed source) parts of the OS that make use of that instructions set, so an emulator might be the way to go.

One disadvantage would of course be that using an emulation will decrease peformance a little...

Quote:

I took a look at the source of sse3 emulator for AnV's kernel (10.6.8) the procedure to inject the interrupt handler is the same in 10.7?
Yes these methods are still present.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostec (Post 57809)
but I'm not sure yet how to make the osx kernel use them =/

For SSE3 Emulation INT 6h is overwritten with the adress of the interrupt handler, that passes the adress of the bad opcode to the actuall emulator that returns the emulation methods to the application and restores registers - principally the Kernel integration of a new emulator could be done the same way...

For details check it's whitepaper:
http://xnu-dev.googlecode.com/files/SSE3%20Emulator.pdf

Someone around here who has an enslaved asm guru locked-up in the basement?!^^ :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by gils (Post 57818)
"pmVersion=0" or other is useless, unless you're a sleepenabler somewhere!

The latest Kernel that I posted should no longer panic on version mismatch between Kernel & SleepEnabler.kext - no need to update that kext unless you want the warning to be removed from dmesg.

gils 06-03-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R:A:W:X86 (Post 57819)
It appears to be launchd that makes use of SSSE3, which is actualy open-source (I haven't yet looked it up) - but even if we could patch it, there might be other (closed source) parts of the OS that make use of that instructions set, so an emulator might be the way to go.

One disadvantage would of course be that using an emulation will decrease peformance a little...

For SSE3 Emulation INT 6h is overwritten with the adress of the interrupt handler, that passes the adress of the bad opcode to the actuall emulator that returns the emulation methods to the application and restores registers - principally the Kernel integration of a new emulator could be done the same way...

Someone around here who has an enslaved asm guru locked-up in the basement?!^^ :p

The latest Kernel that I posted should no longer panic on version mismatch between Kernel & SleepEnabler.kext - no need to update that kext unless you want the warning to be removed from dmesg.

hello R: A: W: X86

I're trying to understand (not easy for me), a sure thing I noticed in doing performance testing, your kernel optimized to look good with performance similar to w7, also, by testing the Xeon in 32 bit, I find yourself exactly the same bugs on AMD. Hence my question, is this related to the instruction set (SSE2/SSE3 etc.) or just the 32 bit mode which is very poorly managed by Leo 10.7. Now, something I do not know how sse3 and 64 bit are they related ? it is certain that my Phenom x6 uncloker to 3.01 is better than my i7 875K to 2.93 , find the mistake! € 100 vs € 350 !!

Thank you anyway for your job and your patience.

Traduction google . :)

m4f1050 06-03-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

To disable Spotlight indexing on Lion:
sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist

Quote:

The blinking is still present and Finder freezes when I empty trash or do any activity. Any kernel I can test with the DP Finder and 32-bit mode?

I am now going to revert back to 10.7.2 and install 10.7.3 combo update and test that one to see if I get same results as 10.7.4

m4f1050 06-03-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4f1050 (Post 57824)
I am now going to revert back to 10.7.2 and install 10.7.3 combo update and test that one to see if I get same results as 10.7.4

The ComboUpdate pkg does not run, the only way to upgrade is via Software Update?! It doesn't let me pick any drive and gives the error message: "Mac OS X Update Combined can't be installed on this disk. An error occurred while evaluating JavaScript for the package."

ghostec 06-03-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R:A:W:X86 (Post 57819)

Thank you very much, R:A:W:X86 =) I want to have some fun trying to do something with that. Who knows...

I will not care about performance issues atm, just want to get it working, if it does, then I'll try to optimize.

m4f1050 06-04-2012 05:06 AM

How can I disable these from boot?

SleepEnabler
F718x
IT87x
PC8739x
W836x

Code:

[SleepEnabler] Disabled due to pmVersion=0
Kext sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler start failed (result 0x5).
Kext sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler failed to load (0xdc008017).
Failed to load kext sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler (error 0xdc008017).
Kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor - library kext org.netkas.FakeSMC not found.
Can't load kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor (error 0xdc00800e).
Kext org.mozodojo.SuperIOFamily - library kext org.netkas.FakeSMC not found.
Can't load kext org.mozodojo.F718x - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.mozodojo.F718x failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext org.mozodojo.F718x (error 0xdc00800e).
Can't load kext org.mozodojo.IT87x - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.mozodojo.IT87x failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext org.mozodojo.IT87x (error 0xdc00800e).
Can't load kext org.slice.PC8739x - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.slice.PC8739x failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext org.slice.PC8739x (error 0xdc00800e).
Can't load kext org.mozodojo.W836x - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.mozodojo.W836x failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext org.mozodojo.W836x (error 0xdc00800e).
NullCPUPowerManagement::init: properties=0x81c9880
Couldn't alloc class "SleepEnabler"
Couldn't alloc class "IntelCPUMonitor"
Couldn't alloc class "F718x"
Couldn't alloc class "IT87x"
Couldn't alloc class "PC8739x"
Couldn't alloc class "W836x"

frisco2 06-05-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4f1050 (Post 57831)
How can I disable these from boot?

SleepEnabler
F718x
IT87x
PC8739x
W836x

Code:

[SleepEnabler] Disabled due to pmVersion=0
Kext sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler start failed (result 0x5).
Kext sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler failed to load (0xdc008017).
Failed to load kext sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler (error 0xdc008017).
Kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor - library kext org.netkas.FakeSMC not found.
Can't load kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor (error 0xdc00800e).
Can't load kext org.mozodojo.F718x - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.mozodojo.F718x failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext org.mozodojo.F718x (error 0xdc00800e).
Can't load kext org.mozodojo.IT87x - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.mozodojo.IT87x failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext org.mozodojo.IT87x (error 0xdc00800e).
Can't load kext org.slice.PC8739x - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.slice.PC8739x failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext org.slice.PC8739x (error 0xdc00800e).
Can't load kext org.mozodojo.W836x - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.mozodojo.W836x failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext org.mozodojo.W836x (error 0xdc00800e).
NullCPUPowerManagement::init: properties=0x81c9880
Couldn't alloc class "SleepEnabler"
Couldn't alloc class "IntelCPUMonitor"
Couldn't alloc class "F718x"
Couldn't alloc class "IT87x"
Couldn't alloc class "PC8739x"
Couldn't alloc class "W836x"

remove SleepEnabler,F718x,IT87x,PC8739x and W836x.kext out of Extra and S / L / E