InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

gils 04-17-2012 10:37 PM

@dwash

hello ,

http://www.hack-my-mac.fr/index.php/...-l2-sur-pc-amd

Lacedaemon 04-17-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57136)
Using a newer version of Chameleon might of been the problem, what build is the one your using? Let's add stuff.

OK, so I used the boot flags mentioned in the above post, and I got a kernel panic upon boot. I think it doesn't instantly reboot now because of the updated Chameleon, and that's why I'm gonna retry the v4 mach_kernel instead of my current v5. I'll report back later and hopefully I'll be inside Lion! ;)

gils 04-17-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57143)
OK, so I used the boot flags mentioned in the above post, and I got a kernel panic upon boot. I think it doesn't instantly reboot now because of the updated Chameleon, and that's why I'm gonna retry the v4 mach_kernel instead of my current v5. I'll report back later and hopefully I'll be inside Lion! ;)

hello,

Lion's version has nothing to do, boot into -legacy npci=0x2000 or 3000-v-f and the choice of kernel the first 2 versions are fine.

method "USB" does not work.

:)

lunfai 04-17-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gils (Post 57142)

Hey that guy used a part of my guide, he even linked it. hehe, awesome! (: Here's a link to the guide once again. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=278181

For those who are wondering, you CAN'T just BOOT and install lion on your partition. You need Snow Leopard or Lion running already. My guide does cater for those who need these steps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57143)

Great! Where does it reboot, after the loaded kexts, another black screen should pop up and display the actual verbose for booting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gils (Post 57144)
hello,

Lion's version has nothing to do, boot into -legacy npci=0x2000 or 3000-v-f and the choice of kernel the first 2 versions are fine.

method "USB" does not work.

USBLegacyOff=Yes Is to turn USB Legacy off, some motherboards have problems loading their keyboards, hence the reason for using this bootflag. You will either get no error shown and hangs on verbose or an EHCI controller error, where it doesn't move forward until it's either unpluged or it's frozen already. Also, arch=i386 is a safe flag, as Quicktime was reported not working without it by someone on Applelife.ru, but I just chucked it in, for safety measure.

Lacedaemon 04-17-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57145)
Great! Where does it reboot, after the loaded kexts, another black screen should pop up and display the actual verbose for booting.

The instant reboot would load the kexts but would never reach the black screen. It doesn't instantly reboot anymore; It loads the kexts, then continues on to a black screen, which is where the kernel panic appears. I've replaced the v5 kernel with the v4 and will try your original boot flags [and the new ones if necessary] ASAP. Just need to finish something up on my Windows virtual machine... :cool:

lunfai 04-17-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57146)
The instant reboot would load the kexts but would never reach the black screen. It doesn't instantly reboot anymore; It loads the kexts, then continues on to a black screen, which is where the kernel panic appears. I've replaced the v5 kernel with the v4 and will try your original boot flags [and the new ones if necessary] ASAP. Just need to finish something up on my Windows virtual machine... :cool:

Take a screenshot of it and I can help you ;D Make sure you type the boot flags correctly ;)

gils 04-17-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57145)
Hey that guy used a part of my guide, he even linked it. hehe, awesome! (: Here's a link to the guide once again. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=278181

For those who are wondering, you CAN'T just BOOT and install lion on your partition. You need Snow Leopard or Lion running already. My guide does cater for those who need these steps.

USBLegacyOff=Yes Is to turn USB Legacy off, some motherboards have problems loading their keyboards, hence the reason for using this bootflag. You will either get no error shown and hangs on verbose or an EHCI controller error, where it doesn't move forward until it's either unpluged or it's frozen already. Also, arch=i386 is a safe flag, as Quicktime was reported not working without it by someone on Applelife.ru, but I just chucked it in, for safety measure.

I made a video with QuickTime capture flags without arch = i386 and I'm pretty amazed at the operation.
the only problem I have is my apps crashing one by one except Safari, the idea to solve this problem is to let all apps open
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WFGQhFfXVfs

lunfai 04-17-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gils (Post 57148)
I made a video with QuickTime capture flags without arch = i386 and I'm pretty amazed at the operation.
the only problem I have is my apps crashing one by one except Safari, the idea to solve this problem is to let all apps open
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WFGQhFfXVfs

Yepp, it's good for browsing web and instant messaging, but there's a bug that's causing xpchelper to crash when it's booted for around 10 minutes. You won't be able to configure the file system either, so word documents won't be able save and you won't be able to move/copy/paste file or install programs. Yeah someone said it wasn't working, but it's always worked for me.

Also have you got iCloud to work? I still think it won't work because it's self compiled kernel, but I'm also hoping I'm wrong.

gils 04-17-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57149)
Yepp, it's good for browsing web and instant messaging, but there's a bug that's causing xpchelper to crash when it's booted for around 10 minutes. You won't be able to configure the file system either, so word documents won't be able save and you won't be able to move/copy/paste file or install programs. Yeah someone said it wasn't working, but it's always worked for me.

Also have you got iCloud to work? I still think it won't work because it's self compiled kernel, but I'm also hoping I'm wrong.

So yes and no, with the first method I used, it is a copy of my Xeon and install the 10.7.3 Update blanGsak replacing v2 with kernel and if I remember correctly I n 'not have this crash problem application or copy / paste or dump trash in choosing this patch Speedstepper.pkg! hazard or solution?
I do not know, then I tested with iATKOS L2 OSinstall.mpkg and I met many more problems. But hey.

ps: I using the google translator.

Lacedaemon 04-18-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57147)
Take a screenshot of it and I can help you ;D Make sure you type the boot flags correctly ;)

OK, I'll try to take a pic of the problem using my iPad. For now, I got the boot process to go a little farther by adding the flag:

Code:

pmVersion=0
By adding this flag, the "Mac Framework" successfully started, but it still kernel-panicked. I tried both variations of your flags in addition to "pmVersion=0" but none worked.

lunfai 04-18-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57151)
OK, I'll try to take a pic of the problem using my iPad. For now, I got the boot process to go a little farther by adding the flag:

Code:

pmVersion=0
By adding this flag, the "Mac Framework" successfully started, but it still kernel-panicked. I tried both variations of your flags in addition to "pmVersion=0" but none worked.

would be helpful so we can see what we're dealing with ;)

Lacedaemon 04-18-2012 03:30 AM

Error Images

2 Attachment(s)
OK, I've attached the pictures of my error; I took these with my iPad camera, with the hopes of giving you guys a basic idea of what I'm facing. If you need a clearer image, or need a closer look at a string of text, I can give you a higher-res image. Thanks for helping me solve this thing! ^_^

Note: The portrait image was booted with pmVersion=0; The landscape image was booted without pmVersion=0. The difference can easily spotted, with the pmVersion=0 image having considerably more text than the landscape non-pmVersion=0 image.

delgadilloalex 04-18-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57153)
OK, I've attached the pictures of my error; I took these with my iPad camera, with the hopes of giving you guys a basic idea of what I'm facing. If you need a clearer image, or need a closer look at a string of text, I can give you a higher-res image. Thanks for helping me solve this thing! ^_^

Note: The portrait image was booted with pmVersion=0; The landscape image was booted without pmVersion=0. The difference can easily spotted, with the pmVersion=0 image having considerably more text than the landscape non-pmVersion=0 image.

try a different fakesmc.kext
ir check the contents with right click >get info>contents/plugins/
make sure there isint any intel plugins if so remove them and reinstall kext

Lacedaemon 04-18-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delgadilloalex (Post 57154)
try a different fakesmc.kext
ir check the contents with right click >get info>contents/plugins/
make sure there isint any intel plugins if so remove them and reinstall kext

Hi delgadilloalex,

Thanks for the suggestion! I will begin removing the previously mentioned plugins ASAP. How should I reinstall the kext? I normally use Kext Utility to install/service kexts; Would it be okay to use this application?

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

UPDATE: I viewed the package contents of the kext, there's no such directory as "Plugins". I tried using the "open" command in Terminal, but to no success. Can anyone please direct me to a suitable Fakesmc.kext? Thanks!

Unrealized 04-18-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57137)
OK, I have not yet rebooted into Lion but I have replaced the mach_kernel with the v5 one. I am using Chameleon v2.0-RC5_699 (please note: this is located on my Snow Leopard partition, not my Lion partiton. I think I'll have to use fdisk to make the Lion partition active if I want to boot from there.) Thanks for those updated boot flags, I'll try those out later once this version thing is sorted out.

I think your Chameleon is far too old. :) r699 is so old, we are running r1900 already ;)

paced98 04-18-2012 02:53 PM

@lunfai can you use my Finder.app that I uploaded in the guide that you posted or you shouldn't?

lunfai 04-18-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paced98 (Post 57157)
@lunfai can you use my Finder.app that I uploaded in the guide that you posted or you shouldn't?

It works, I used the one from OSX86 on page 9.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57155)
Hi delgadilloalex,

Thanks for the suggestion! I will begin removing the previously mentioned plugins ASAP. How should I reinstall the kext? I normally use Kext Utility to install/service kexts; Would it be okay to use this application?

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

UPDATE: I viewed the package contents of the kext, there's no such directory as "Plugins". I tried using the "open" command in Terminal, but to no success. Can anyone please direct me to a suitable Fakesmc.kext? Thanks!

Did you update Chameleon?

http://cl.ly/3U421G0q3o402U133h2d

- Unzip these kexts in /System/Library/Extensions
- Reboot with bootflags: (when you press enter, unplug keyboard/mouse, when kexts are loading).
Quote:

-x -v -f -legacy npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No pmVersion=0

bronzovka 04-18-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57153)

Hi !
You need delete sleepenabler.kext ;)

Lacedaemon 04-18-2012 08:19 PM

Should I delete the SleepEnabler.kext... in my Snow Leopard installation? I did a complete search of both the /Extra and S/L/E directories on my Lion partition and there's no such "SleepEnabler.kext".

To lunfai; I updated Chameleon using Chameleon Wizard, then tried your original and modified boot flags Also, I replaced the kexts in my Lion installation with yours, lunfai, and unplugeed mouse and keyboard as directed. None worked.

lunfai 04-18-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57160)
Should I delete the SleepEnabler.kext... in my Snow Leopard installation? I did a complete search of both the /Extra and S/L/E directories on my Lion partition and there's no such "SleepEnabler.kext".

To lunfai; I updated Chameleon using Chameleon Wizard, then tried your original and modified boot flags Also, I replaced the kexts in my Lion installation with yours, lunfai, and unplugeed mouse and keyboard as directed. None worked.

still same errors?

$The-King$ 04-18-2012 09:31 PM

i fixed my problem with snow after upgrading my hardware

i will try with lion when ssse3 emulator appears it doesn't make sense to me to setup lion on my pc and i already have notebook running lion

hope ssse3 emulator appears soon

Lacedaemon 04-18-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57161)
still same errors?

Yeah, pretty much... :-/ Do you have any clue as to what exactly is preventing Lion to boot at this point?

lunfai 04-18-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57163)
Yeah, pretty much... :-/ Do you have any clue as to what exactly is preventing Lion to boot at this point?

Everything up to that point is normal, can you install chameleon on another usb stick using chameleon wizard. If you updated the Snow Leopard one, I think you still have some kexts there in Extra/Extensions, this is causing a disruption with the system boot up.

I think this because it says there's a duplicate fakeSMC name (look in your screenshot with pmVersion=0). It says that it's being loaded again, so there has to be another kext being loaded somewhere, and it would make perfect sense. Just install clean chameleon on a new usb stick or remove Extra/Extensions + Extensions.mkext from the current chameleon. I'm not particular picking at fakeSMC, but it could be loading more then just fakeSMC (like Evoreboot, IOPCI, disabler, basically old snow leopard kexts), and these kexts could be causing the kernel panic.

Lacedaemon 04-19-2012 06:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57164)
Everything up to that point is normal, can you install chameleon on another usb stick using chameleon wizard. If you updated the Snow Leopard one, I think you still have some kexts there in Extra/Extensions, this is causing a disruption with the system boot up.

I think this because it says there's a duplicate fakeSMC name (look in your screenshot with pmVersion=0). It says that it's being loaded again, so there has to be another kext being loaded somewhere, and it would make perfect sense. Just install clean chameleon on a new usb stick or remove Extra/Extensions + Extensions.mkext from the current chameleon. I'm not particular picking at fakeSMC, but it could be loading more then just fakeSMC (like Evoreboot, IOPCI, disabler, basically old snow leopard kexts), and these kexts could be causing the kernel panic.

OK, I installed Chameleon on my 16 GB SanDisk Cruzer using Chameleon Wizard as instructed, and the boot process went way further than before! ^_^ The infamous kernel panic is gone, but another problem as risen, as you will see below and in the attached pictures. The boot process stops at the following strings:

Code:

IntelCPUMonitor: Based on code by mercurysquad, superhai ©2008
IntelCPUMonitor: [Warning] No Intel processor found, kext will not load

Booting with lunfai's original boot flags, I let the PC interact with the hard drive and the flash drive for more than 30 minutes, but it stayed at the same screen for the duration of the time. What do you guys think is wrong now?

Again, these pictures were taken with my iPad, so if anyone needs higher-res pics, I can certainly get those to you. :)

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

rhcp011235 04-19-2012 07:27 AM

Is anyone working on getting the kernel to boot into full 64bit mode? so 32bit and 64bit apps run? Im currently on a FX4100. There is a place in there which needs to get patched for this cpu. One user here has done it.

Mine is fully booting with finder working. My cpu has SSE3. dual video / Audio. Just all 32bit apps crash :) since its half/half.

Wondering if anyone is working on this.

Feel free to come join us @ irc.sojugarden.com #hackintosh

More devs please and less people trying to get things to boot ;)

Unrealized 04-19-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhcp011235 (Post 57166)
Is anyone working on getting the kernel to boot into full 64bit mode? so 32bit and 64bit apps run? Im currently on a FX4100. There is a place in there which needs to get patched for this cpu. One user here has done it.

Mine is fully booting with finder working. My cpu has SSE3. dual video / Audio. Just all 32bit apps crash :) since its half/half.

Wondering if anyone is working on this.

Feel free to come join us @ irc.sojugarden.com #hackintosh

More devs please and less people trying to get things to boot ;)

I think the devs should use a version tracking system... Having random diffs there and there is no deal.

delgadilloalex 04-19-2012 04:29 PM

xpchelper

so i removed reportcrash .file
from sys/lib/coreserv/reportcrash
and it doesn't steal all your cpu power to report the xpchleper crash over and over
the apps are working great without reportcrash after 45min of use.:cool:
and force quit xpchelper in activity monitor helps as well

and i also ran marvins amd utility to make a patcher pkg and used maxxus patcher to do cupid file patch made in marvins util.
it patched nicely do you think that whats helping the apps work better than before?

lunfai 04-19-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57165)
OK, I installed Chameleon on my 16 GB SanDisk Cruzer using Chameleon Wizard as instructed, and the boot process went way further than before! ^_^ The infamous kernel panic is gone, but another problem as risen, as you will see below and in the attached pictures. The boot process stops at the following strings:

Code:

Booting with lunfai's original boot flags, I let the PC interact with the hard drive and the flash drive for more than 30 minutes, but it stayed at the same screen for the duration of the time. What do you guys think is wrong now?

Again, these pictures were taken with my iPad, so if anyone needs higher-res pics, I can certainly get those to you. :)

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

Your really close now! Like really close as dmos has arrive is one of the final signs, not sure why that's showing up, did you use iATKOS L2? Try removing NULLintel... Kext that I gave you, from /system/library/extensions/ And boot up with -x

Quote:

Originally Posted by delgadilloalex (Post 57169)
so i removed reportcrash .file
from sys/lib/coreserv/reportcrash
and it doesn't steal all your cpu power to report the xpchleper crash over and over
the apps are working great without reportcrash after 45min of use.:cool:
and force quit xpchelper in activity monitor helps as well

and i also ran marvins amd utility to make a patcher pkg and used maxxus patcher to do cupid file patch made in marvins util.
it patched nicely do you think that whats helping the apps work better than before?

I'll be testing this tonight, I'll look more into it and add it to my guide, with credits to you for finding it out.

EDIT: testing on removing reportcrash, and see what happens for now.
EDIT: removing reportcrash made it last 10 minutes or so longer. I'm going to try and quit XPChelper every so often to see what happens.

Lacedaemon 04-19-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57170)
Your really close now! Like really close as dmos has arrive is one of the final signs, not sure why that's showing up, did you use iATKOS L2? Try removing NULLintel... Kext that I gave you, from /system/library/extensions/ And boot up with -x

OK, so I removed the "NULLintel" kext you gave me, which I'm guessing is NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and then booted with your original boot flags, and also added -x later. The boot process still ends at the same place... :-/

Yes, I did use iAtkos L2 to install Lion.

tejaswi.rohit 04-19-2012 10:55 PM

Got it to work on my AMD machine :D

PC Specs:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
XFX ATI 5770
Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H

Used iAtkos L2 to install onto a different partition then swapped the mach_kernel. Booted with kernel flags "-legacy -v npci=0x3000" . Replaced Finder with DP2 Finder.

Thanks to all those who put in their efforts to make the kernel :)

lunfai 04-20-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57165)

Code:

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

Hmmm do you have a IntelCPUMonitor.kext in your System/Library/Extensions/? If so delete it, because I don't have this kext on mine.

Dellamorte 04-20-2012 02:19 AM

i took a look at the pic of your system with booted the usb stick DNSMOS has arrived so for system should be booted. I think your problem now is with your graphics if i don't have the correct drivers installed my system will sit there with text. try booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes added.

Dellamorte 04-20-2012 02:27 AM

Also i think the message about superhal is from a kext or possibly a plugin in your fakesmc go to your extensions folder and show package contents on your fakesmc, something like motherboard monitor plugin.

rhcp011235 04-20-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unrealized (Post 57168)
I think the devs should use a version tracking system... Having random diffs there and there is no deal.

I agree. If you can dig up all the patches. and for the FX4100.

I forget his username here. But, Im using his kernel to fool around on.

Ill post it on github

Lacedaemon 04-20-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57174)
Hmmm do you have a IntelCPUMonitor.kext in your System/Library/Extensions/? If so delete it, because I don't have this kext on mine.

OK, I do have an InteilCPUMonitor.kext, and am now deleting it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dellamorte (Post 57175)
i took a look at the pic of your system with booted the usb stick DNSMOS has arrived so for system should be booted. I think your problem now is with your graphics if i don't have the correct drivers installed my system will sit there with text. try booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes added.

I tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=yes, anbd I got no results. I'll try deleting that IntelCPUMonitor.kext first to see what happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dellamorte (Post 57176)
Also i think the message about superhal is from a kext or possibly a plugin in your fakesmc go to your extensions folder and show package contents on your fakesmc, something like motherboard monitor plugin.

I've only got 2 files in the Fakesmc.kext Contents: Info.plist and MacOSX. Inside MacOSX is a file called Fakesmc, that's it. Could that plugin you're talking about be hidden? :-/

UPDATE: Still no success; I removed IntelCPUMonitor.kext as instructed by lunfai, and later booted both with and without GraphicsEnabler=Yes as suggested by Dellamorte. The boot process stops at "DSMOS has arrived"; The only good news is that there is no more warning coming from the IntelCPUMonitor...

Unrealized 04-20-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57178)
OK, I do have an InteilCPUMonitor.kext, and am now deleting it.

I tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=yes, anbd I got no results. I'll try deleting that IntelCPUMonitor.kext first to see what happens.

I've only got 2 files in the Fakesmc.kext Contents: Info.plist and MacOSX. Inside MacOSX is a file called Fakesmc, that's it. Could that plugin you're talking about be hidden? :-/

UPDATE: Still no success; I removed IntelCPUMonitor.kext as instructed by lunfai, and later booted both with and without GraphicsEnabler=Yes as suggested by Dellamorte. The boot process stops at "DSMOS has arrived"; The only good news is that there is no more warning coming from the IntelCPUMonitor...

Lion doesn't boot if you don't have a supported graphics card. At least on my box ;)

Lacedaemon 04-20-2012 03:45 PM

So, even if I had a supported graphics card, it wouldn't have booted because of that IntelCPUMonitor? Also, shouldn't it say "systemShutdown False"? I'm in the process of finding a good graphics card, would the GT320 be OK?

lunfai 04-20-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57181)
So, even if I had a supported graphics card, it wouldn't have booted because of that IntelCPUMonitor? Also, shouldn't it say "systemShutdown False"? I'm in the process of finding a good graphics card, would the GT320 be OK?

No matter what I can always load safe mode, even if my graphic card wasn't detected yet since I didn't modify the kext.

I would use this bootflag

Quote:

-legacy -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No
As for the IntelCPU kext getting in your install, I have no idea how you got that if you used iATKOS L2 unless you select customized and got it, as my machine doesn't have this, and also my retail installation. That kext just got onto your system somehow, I didn't think it caused the faliure to boot, but it gave errors in the verbose.

Maybe a clean iATKOS L2 would be in order, if you give it one last try :o

Also, Bronzovka is working on a new version kernel, he hasn't given much information but I think it's going to make the AMD kernel more like the original. But there are problems from it using applications right now.

Lacedaemon 04-21-2012 03:23 AM

Lion is Aliiiiiive!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57182)
No matter what I can always load safe mode, even if my graphic card wasn't detected yet since I didn't modify the kext.

I would use this bootflag

As for the IntelCPU kext getting in your install, I have no idea how you got that if you used iATKOS L2 unless you select customized and got it, as my machine doesn't have this, and also my retail installation. That kext just got onto your system somehow, I didn't think it caused the faliure to boot, but it gave errors in the verbose.

Maybe a clean iATKOS L2 would be in order, if you give it one last try :o

Also, Bronzovka is working on a new version kernel, he hasn't given much information but I think it's going to make the AMD kernel more like the original. But there are problems from it using applications right now.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! That "clean install" business really did the trick, thanks lunfai! I have a Lion installation running, but I've got a lot more post-installation work ahead of me, one major thing being Finder. Could anyone walk me through that? Thanks all for helping me get this awesome OS! ^_^

lunfai 04-21-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon (Post 57183)
WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! That "clean install" business really did the trick, thanks lunfai! I have a Lion installation running, but I've got a lot more post-installation work ahead of me, one major thing being Finder. Could anyone walk me through that? Thanks all for helping me get this awesome OS! ^_^

Go to my insanelymac guide and you'll see it in my FAQ with download link. Boot up into Snow Leopard and then find your Lion partition and replace the finder.app in System/Library/Core Services/

Glad I could be of assistance, we finally made it :)

gils 04-21-2012 09:19 PM

hello,

I noticed with the HD 5450 graphics without accélaration, after 2 hours walking copy / paste still working and I had only three applications that bugger.
As soon as I replaced the HD 5870 (native) bugs were almost immediate.
the problem does not come from the opengl /cl?

lunfai 04-21-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gils (Post 57186)
hello,

I noticed with the HD 5450 graphics without accélaration, after 2 hours walking copy / paste still working and I had only three applications that bugger.
As soon as I replaced the HD 5870 (native) bugs were almost immediate.
the problem does not come from the opengl /cl?

I've found this too, Safe Mode seems to last longer.

gils 04-21-2012 09:41 PM

perhaps also the fact that there is no graphics acceleration, the processor is solicited and avoids the shelving of certain application.
it's still odd that Safari is not concerned.
Someone has tested a Lion DP2 to see if the phenomenon was persistent about this version?

davisin666 04-22-2012 04:18 PM

Huh, seems like most kernel users are having video issues.
I can't boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, otherwise the monitor loses the signal when entering the gui (GeForce 9800GT).

Same result with the G92 enabler in iAtkos, rom injection, efi string, changing NVCAP, nvenabler 64, DSDT and nvidia official drivers from nvidia web site.

lunfai 04-22-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davisin666 (Post 57191)
Huh, seems like most kernel users are having video issues.
I can't boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, otherwise the monitor loses the signal when entering the gui (GeForce 9800GT).

Same result with the G92 enabler in iAtkos, rom injection, efi string, changing NVCAP, nvenabler 64, DSDT and nvidia official drivers from nvidia web site.

Dimitri came up with an explanation of why xpchelper is crashing the whole system and it's basically because it's linked with power management. This relates to the motherboard and the graphics card and how they're loaded, and that's what's causing the hang, when they're not defined properly.

Diazz72 04-22-2012 05:27 PM

Hi guys one simple question:

HOW TO INSTALL MAC OS X (LION) 10.7.X on AMD CPU,i have see that someone rellese mach_kernel 10.7.3 for AMD but i do not know how to use it,what to do whit it,there is no descryption how to use this kernel,on what to use it ;/. . .

gils 04-22-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diazz72 (Post 57193)
Hi guys one simple question:

HOW TO INSTALL MAC OS X (LION) 10.7.X on AMD CPU,i have see that someone rellese mach_kernel 10.7.3 for AMD but i do not know how to use it,what to do whit it,there is no descryption how to use this kernel,on what to use it ;/. . .

You have at least two tutorials!

http://osx86.co/f100/lion-with-amd-t7106/page51.html

rrtn 04-22-2012 07:27 PM

and just when i thought amd + lion was dead i found this thread and after some reading decided to give it a shot, even though my setup is sooo old it shouldnt work anyway. well after lurking this thread and some google i have joined you amd lion peoples...yay! i did basically method 2(iATKOS L2) on lunfai guide except i installed to a different hard drive and not a partition. i had to use a custom kext(AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext) to get it to fully load and see the boot source. once in lion i enabled my other kexts for sound & wifi, the graphics were installed with latest nvidia mac drivers install.
thanks to lunfai for the guide that helped with the flags
and a big thanks to bronzovka for reviving the whole amd + lion scene

my specs:
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ Toledo
4GB Patriot DDR 400 (PC 3200)
eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640Mb 320-bit GDDR3
500GB IDE WD Caviar Blue (OSx86 Snow Leopard)
120GB SATA3 Corsair Force 3 SSD (Windows 7)
1TB SATA2 WD Caviar Black
1TB SATA2 WD Caviar Black
40GB SATA WD Caviar (OSx86 Lion)
NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW IDE
D-Link DWL-AG530 IEEE 802.11a/b/g PCI Tri-Mode
ASPIRE X-Superalien ATXA6SW-BK/500W
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...4-22-at-10.jpg

Dansa22 04-23-2012 12:00 AM

AMD Boot amd athlon x2 64 3800

RRTN = I have a similar system...tried the custom kext but wouldn't start...
did you remove the other sata kexts? ... I've tried the older snow kexts but they won't boot either...

silverkid 04-23-2012 12:19 AM

@Dansa22
Have you tried AppleNForceATA.kext.TEST from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...howtopic=77071