InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   DELL D620/630/830 kext pack (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3840)

Adrenaline1965 11-19-2010 09:53 AM

I also successfully upgraded from 10.6.4 to 10.6.5 w/o modifying anything on my current configuration:

DELL LATITUDE D830 running SL 10.6.5 with following kexts:
  • AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext
  • ApplePS2Controller.kext
  • fakesmc.kext
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • OSXRestart.kext
  • SleepEnabler.kext (10.6.3 version)
  • VoodooHDA.kext (removed AppleHDA.kext)
modified com.apple.Boot.plist by adding:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

DELL 1390 WiFi module

which enabled:
  • Battery management (Battery status in menu bar is fully operational)
  • USB (mouse, external keyboard, headset,...)
  • Built in Ethernet
  • Trackpad
  • Sleep mode
  • Sound (both Output AND Input for built in speakers/mic AND external Logitech USB Headset, even the volume up/down and mute buttons are fully operational!)
  • 1920x1080x32 on external and 1680x1050x32 on the internal display. Both mirrored as extended desktop work flawlessly. Only the VGA port works (HDMI does not)
  • WiFi
Not working (yet):
  • Shut Down / Restart

manymax 12-02-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howoarang (Post 48494)
Hello, here is pack with extensions, DSDT.aml and utilites for correct working Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I made this pack, because, new pack from SLic is not working correctly for me, I have problem with USB ports.
Now my usb ports working perfect, trackPad and touchPad working, sound working too, input+output, sleep working perfect.

OK, so. There is some instructions, how to with files in pack:
1: put the DSDT.aml file to /Extra/ folder
2: put the com.apple.Boot.plist file to /Extra/ folder, too
3: all kexts in Extensions folder move or copy to /System/Library/Extension/
- use it with small application "KextUtility" included - select all kexts and drag to kextutily icon :-)
4: double click to voodooHDA.prefPane (ignore all error...)
5: "VoodooMonitor" application move to /Applications/
6: open folder "VoodooHDAhelper" and open file "how-to-readme!.txt" and read instructions how to use voodooHDAhelper (this part is not necessary):-)

dell d630 pack by howoarang:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jgy12jmwuyt

where I can find this /Extra/ folder? I have not a folder with this name on my system

bollerup 01-04-2011 09:18 PM

Hi,
Have you guys seen that there is a dedicated site for Latitude people running osx and the D4x0 maintain a package for those laptops ?

www.osxlatitude.com

ecarvalho 01-05-2011 04:32 PM

I did this on my D620 but I get hung on boot... All I really want is to get the microphone (internal or external) to work... everything else is fine. Any ideas? Can I use just part of this pack?

ecarvalho 01-05-2011 06:00 PM

Issue resolved on the D620

I've only done the audio piece:

1) Moved VoodooHDA.kext, VoodooMonitor.kext and VoodooPowerMini.kext into the "Kext Utility" app icon provided in the package. Entered my password et voila... the kext's were installed properly.

2) Double clicked VoodooHDA.prefPane in order to get it installed
3) Opened System Preferences and launched the VoodooHDA icon and set the volumes up for the "Recording Level" at about 50%.
4) Went back to "show all" in system preferences and opened the SOUND icon
5) Clicked the input tab and saw there was audio coming from the internal mic!

6) Opened the VoodooHdaHelper folder provided in the pack and followed the instructions
7) Also moved the VoodooMonitor icon app into the /Applications folder

At this point I can safely say the internal mic works fine. I've also ran a test call on Skype and it sounds great.
I will later reboot the machine to see if the input audio settings "stick" the same or will have to modify every time I login. Hope it sticks tho.

Thanks
Ed

DELL Latitude D620 running MAC OS X 10.6.3 installed from retail DVD

ecarvalho 01-06-2011 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecarvalho (Post 52094)
Issue resolved on the D620

I've only done the audio piece:

1) Moved VoodooHDA.kext, VoodooMonitor.kext and VoodooPowerMini.kext into the "Kext Utility" app icon provided in the package. Entered my password et voila... the kext's were installed properly.

2) Double clicked VoodooHDA.prefPane in order to get it installed
3) Opened System Preferences and launched the VoodooHDA icon and set the volumes up for the "Recording Level" at about 50%.
4) Went back to "show all" in system preferences and opened the SOUND icon
5) Clicked the input tab and saw there was audio coming from the internal mic!

6) Opened the VoodooHdaHelper folder provided in the pack and followed the instructions
7) Also moved the VoodooMonitor icon app into the /Applications folder

At this point I can safely say the internal mic works fine. I've also ran a test call on Skype and it sounds great.
I will later reboot the machine to see if the input audio settings "stick" the same or will have to modify every time I login. Hope it sticks tho.

Thanks
Ed

DELL Latitude D620 running MAC OS X 10.6.3 installed from retail DVD

Note: Allowing to upgrade Airport to 5.5.2 killed my WiFi DW1490 so I had to reinstall everything and not allow the Airport Utility upgrade.

codable 01-09-2011 07:31 PM

Does the pack support dell d630 with native resolution 1440x900?

I installed this pack, but the screen still turns into black after the mac logo. When waking up from sleep, the screen is black all the same.
Any help?
System: 10.6.3
Display Card: x3100

bridbri 01-12-2011 08:21 AM

anyone know how to get vga out working on d630 docking station?

lp142 02-01-2011 09:25 PM

Help (I'm new at this)

Help I have installed the DELL D620/630/830 kext pack on my D630, now everything is broke how do I uninstall that package??

Thanks

joot 03-12-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howoarang (Post 48494)
Hello, here is pack with extensions, DSDT.aml and utilites for correct working Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I made this pack, because, new pack from SLic is not working correctly for me, I have problem with USB ports.
Now my usb ports working perfect, trackPad and touchPad working, sound working too, input+output, sleep working perfect.

OK, so. There is some instructions, how to with files in pack:
1: put the DSDT.aml file to /Extra/ folder
2: put the com.apple.Boot.plist file to /Extra/ folder, too
3: all kexts in Extensions folder move or copy to /System/Library/Extension/
- use it with small application "KextUtility" included - select all kexts and drag to kextutily icon :-)
4: double click to voodooHDA.prefPane (ignore all error...)
5: "VoodooMonitor" application move to /Applications/
6: open folder "VoodooHDAhelper" and open file "how-to-readme!.txt" and read instructions how to use voodooHDAhelper (this part is not necessary):-)

dell d630 pack by howoarang:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jgy12jmwuyt

I want to THANK YOU Howorang. I went thru ~20 installs with different boot loaders, different kext packages for the D630 (X3100 video) and most of them gave me kernel panic attacks. What worked for me was using Empire EFI_1085_row.iso as a bootloader. Then I installed 10.6.3 vanilla. After installation, I used your instructions (along with your kext package) above and now everything works on my Dell D630 with gma3100 video. Thank you !