InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

cgates30 01-17-2010 02:28 AM

Used the .asl file and can boot from the SATA drive now, but not seeing the drive icon on the desktop. Can browse hdd by opening a finder window, but something must be broke.

Also, how do I change the start up theme?

zim2dive 01-17-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgates30 (Post 43158)
Used the .asl file and can boot from the SATA drive now, but not seeing the drive icon on the desktop. Can browse hdd by opening a finder window, but something must be broke.

Finder -> Preferences -> (what to show on Desktop)

cgates30 01-18-2010 07:53 AM

thanks

So I went through the guide again and I'm still having problems.
1- waking from sleep reboots the computer
2- only audio is usb

infiniteThanks 01-18-2010 09:35 PM

Audio problem fix ... repost

iztec, jetpr : I made every mistake as far as audio is concerned but now it is all good. Here is some stuff:
(a) Use the the DSDT update posted by brfransen,
(b) Update the extensions.mkext under /Extra. It may be that the LegacyALC883.kext is not being picked up. Look for a posting by me, infinitethanks, for a long way to do it and responses by smarter people to my posting for a short way to do it.
(b) Use option, system profiler to check the audio profile. If it is not available, you may not have set the audio to auto in bios.
(c) when everything is set correctly, my audio profile looks like the following:
Device ID: 0x1458A002
Audio ID: 883
Available Devices:
Speaker:
Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack
Line Out:
Line Out:
Line Out:
Internal Microphone:
Connection: Internal
External Microphone:
Line In:
Headphone:
S/P-DIF Out:
Connection: RCA

My Bios version is F8
Thank you

alltoorobot 01-18-2010 11:59 PM

Zim2dive How did you over clock your e5200? I have the same board and processor any chance you could do a walk short through?

sapam 01-19-2010 03:04 AM

using dsdt or -pci1 gives black screen

Hi folks,

I've been following the guide meticulously for the rig in my signature, but every time I patch my dsdt file and reboot, I get a black screen after the first boot banner. This happens whether I make my own (compiled without errors after removing the problematic quotation marks), or whether I use the dsdt file supplied in the kit. LAN is working fine, but sleep, video (8600gt 512mb) and sound are not. I've looked at some of the prior "Black screen" posts, but that problem seems unrelated.

Interestingly, this is exactly what happens when I try booting with -pci1, the boot modifier that the graphicsenabler says sometimes works for video cards that don't work out of the box.

any ideas?

riadtania 01-19-2010 08:40 AM

Thanks to all who made contribution to this forum thread. I managed to install this into my SONY VAIO BZ560 laptop with GUID partition. My goal is to make dual OS. I coped OSinstall.mpkg file into the system library locaation where it suppose to be store for installation, but it failed. I also tried it with retail DVD from Apple, but it failed. of course, i think it was developed for GUID partition table, not MBR.

Does anyone have any suggestion? This thread is the most successful I ever came up this far. Please help me this. I am almost there. Thanks again to everyone.

hmook 01-20-2010 12:38 AM

Boot problem

Hi I have a problem booting in to my new OSX10.6 installation. The installation is done with the MyHack method.

When I boot with my installation USBdrive still in my computer there is no problem. I can boot in to the bootloader and select my harddrive where I've installed OSX10.6.

When I take out my USBdrive to boot normally it gives me this error message:

Verifying DMI Pool Data

>62970080
<00000002
000000C1
*<00064028
J_

The underscoure after the 'J' is blinking but I can't type anything. Neither can I press 'enter' or any other button.

Could anyone help me getting my hackintosh booting without the use of my USBpendrive?

lflashl 01-20-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riadtania (Post 43299)
Thanks to all who made contribution to this forum thread. I managed to install this into my SONY VAIO BZ560 laptop with GUID partition. My goal is to make dual OS. I coped OSinstall.mpkg file into the system library locaation where it suppose to be store for installation, but it failed. I also tried it with retail DVD from Apple, but it failed. of course, i think it was developed for GUID partition table, not MBR.

Does anyone have any suggestion? This thread is the most successful I ever came up this far. Please help me this. I am almost there. Thanks again to everyone.

YEs please move to another thread! this is not for SONY VAIO BZ560. Its for G31M-ES2L Motherboard.

lflashl 01-20-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapam (Post 43292)
Hi folks,

I've been following the guide meticulously for the rig in my signature, but every time I patch my dsdt file and reboot, I get a black screen after the first boot banner. This happens whether I make my own (compiled without errors after removing the problematic quotation marks), or whether I use the dsdt file supplied in the kit. LAN is working fine, but sleep, video (8600gt 512mb) and sound are not. I've looked at some of the prior "Black screen" posts, but that problem seems unrelated.

Interestingly, this is exactly what happens when I try booting with -pci1, the boot modifier that the graphicsenabler says sometimes works for video cards that don't work out of the box.

any ideas?

I just used the one the came in the zip package, and it works fine, i had issues also trying to make my own dsdt file, and ended up just using the one that came with the zip package. After doing so, everything works fine, so i can use it, and see what happens.