InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

ju421019 10-05-2009 01:44 AM

I have the same problem, no audio devices are showing up, can anyone help?

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by checkitout (Post 36303)
This is my situation exactly. I have everything working, except for audio. None of the kexts seem to work, no matter where I place them. I have tried everything and have a G31M-ES2l Rev 1.1 (F8 bios) board.

I migrated my Leopard account, so maybe that caused an issue. I think I may just have to totally wipe the drive and completely start from scratch.

If someone would be so kind as to create a new zip with the currently recommended solution, I would greatly appreciate it as well.

[email protected] 10-05-2009 02:58 AM

drossxyu Has the sound fix

Quote:

"drossxyu
Puma

For those of you that are still having trouble getting the sound to work I was able to get it to work by doing the following as provided by djnitehawk on thisthread (check out his awesome automation script while you're at it):

1. get rid of all other sound kexts that u have added, from both /E/E and /S/L/E

2. download the latest voodoohda and extract it...

3. copy voodoohda.kext to /S/L/E and run the following commands in terminal to fix repair permissions and rebuid mkext caches...

sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
sudo touch /system/library/extensions

4. install the voodoohda pref pane by double-clicking on it...

5. reboot and pray to the hackintosh gods :-)

I have a G31M-ES2L Rev.2. I was never able to get the legacy883.kext to work, nor the other two separate sound .kexts. Since I have the Rev. 2 the ethernet port never worked either so I decided to purchase the apple usb ethernet adaptor. It says it's supposed to be for the macbook air only but it works fine. For some reason it didn't work right off the bat. I had to go into the network control panel to 'activate' it. I'm dual booting w\ windows 7 so luckily there is a windows driver for this device here, although I have yet to test "

The fix by drossxyu is what worked for me. I tried everything. And I mean everything. This is the ONLY sound fix that worked,
You must remove any and all other HDA's from /extra and s/l/e. Rebuild and reset permissions.

Anyone that has sound problems should try this fix.

I have a g31m-es2l v1.1 F8 with a pentium D 950.

After 1 week, I finally have snow leopard with working sound.

[email protected] 10-05-2009 03:00 AM

Try this fix for no sound

Quote:

Originally Posted by ju421019 (Post 36727)
I have the same problem, no audio devices are showing up, can anyone help?

thanks

See my response right below yours! Maybe it will help.

ju421019 10-06-2009 03:52 PM

Thanks - I will try this audio trick on a fresh install again tonight.

Or can I do it on my existing install, I think i added several kexts to get it work, where is the path to remove them?

What are these paths? "get rid of all other sound kexts that u have added, from both /E/E and /S/L/E"

1. I found the the link to the voodoohda file and pane.

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/inde...pic,234.0.html

Thanks!

dmbardal 10-06-2009 09:24 PM

I got an question.
I have successfully installed Snow Leopard using your way,
but I changed my GeForce 9600GT for an ATI HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 simply because its better, and I know it works on 10.6.1.

However, when I did that, I got the following error:
"AppleRTL8169 phywaitforautonegotiation timeout"

I have googled, and I have no idea how to fix it.
I did also try to use the USB-Installer and boot to install another one, because I thought it was because of the GFX change,
but that doesnt work either..
I have also tried to do "n" instead of "y" on the useethernet string, but nothing.
I have tried to remove the GFX String, nothing.
I have tried to remove all the NVIDIA kexts (NVxxxx.kext), still nothing.
Same result.

Any chance for a hint in the right direction, or an direct answer? :p

- Dag Magnus

Edit: I removed the NVIDIA kext from the installer, the ATI kext, and added an modified ATI Kext and my installer now works.
But when I install and try to run the newly installed Snow Leopard, it stops at the same problem.
I dont know what I am supposed to do now, I am completely lost!

mamexp 10-06-2009 11:50 PM

I couldnt read all the post so please forgive me if its already answered

Were you guys able to get the onboard graphics working? Full resolution and QE support?

If so please give me some sort of a guide or tip....

Thanks in advance

gashead76 10-07-2009 04:47 AM

Dsdt...

Ok, I am for the most part new to dsdt patching.. Here's my problem.

I used the dsdt.aml from the snow.zip. Install goes great, boots up great. Only, I have no networking at all! I have an asus 138g-wl wireless pci card (I think that's it, works well in 10.5). My board is the ES2L version 2, so I know that builtin Ethernet does not work.

Anyway, if I remove the dsdt.aml from the zip in this guide and replace it with the one I was using for 10.5 (just the rtc fix), network starts right up.. But I lose the fixes in the new dsdt! Like, the CMOS reset fix, sound, etc..

Any suggestions? I looked at the decompiled versions of the old versus the new, I have no idea what I am looking at though.

Thanks.

sk1nhd33t 10-07-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamexp (Post 36853)
I couldnt read all the post so please forgive me if its already answered

Were you guys able to get the onboard graphics working? Full resolution and QE support?

If so please give me some sort of a guide or tip....

Thanks in advance

AFAIK it's not working so buy a cheap video card like the 9500GT or higher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gashead76 (Post 36856)
Ok, I am for the most part new to dsdt patching.. Here's my problem.

I used the dsdt.aml from the snow.zip. Install goes great, boots up great. Only, I have no networking at all! I have an asus 138g-wl wireless pci card (I think that's it, works well in 10.5). My board is the ES2L version 2, so I know that builtin Ethernet does not work.

Anyway, if I remove the dsdt.aml from the zip in this guide and replace it with the one I was using for 10.5 (just the rtc fix), network starts right up.. But I lose the fixes in the new dsdt! Like, the CMOS reset fix, sound, etc..

Any suggestions? I looked at the decompiled versions of the old versus the new, I have no idea what I am looking at though.

Thanks.

it's always recommended to create your own DSDT, ive attached my own dsdt for comparison only but w/ the same board it can still be used. please check the credits on page 1, all the fixes are there and linked (audio, RTC, EHCi). You can use DSDT SE by Evoteam for simple copy paste patching or you can use other tools out there using the newer iASL sept. version :)

ju421019 10-07-2009 10:21 PM

Hi - this is a noob question

How do install the dsdt.aml file?

I ask this because I installed Snow Leopard using the lifehacker guide for another gigabyte board, it works fine, except some things like audio.

Now, I know there is a dsdt file in this guide, how can I apply it to my install?

Thanks!

MonkeyDLuffy 10-08-2009 08:16 PM

Can anybody run Voodoopower.kext in 64-bit? It only works in 32-bit which I think is normal. But I want to run in full 64-bit and at the same time save power.

Is there any other way to run Speedstep buy not using Voodoopower? Or maybe anybody has a 64-bit version or a work around to make Voodoopower work.

Thank you.

UPDATE:

I found the answer to my question but I'm not 100% sure it works. It looks like it works though.

I just went ahead and read this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=181631

Scroll down at the 1st post you will see the link for CPUi.

I DID NOT follow any DSDT/SSDT modification with regards to CPU speedstep. I just installed the CPUi app and that is it. I just made sure that Voodoopower.kext is not available in /E/E or /S/L/E.

The reason why I'm not sure it's 100% is because of the program that netkas made, cpu-x, doesn't recognize the speed change. But the CPUi app itself does. I don't know where cpu-x fetches the info, but with Voodoopower.kext + cpu-x, cpu speed changes are recognized, but 32-bit only.

The CPUi works in both 32 and 64bit. - SLEEP works, but it is harder to wake up - more keys needs to be pressed. AUTOSLEEP does not work.

UPDATE: It was not hard to wake up from sleep. I just thought it was. Sorry.