InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

infiniteThanks 11-12-2009 07:32 PM

Maybe you can try -v in Kernel Flags in /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogi446 (Post 39291)
Followed the guide here, and on netkas's site to update to 10.6.2 fine.

But i've always had a problem with sleep not being reliable. Sometimes it'll go to sleep fine, then when I wake it (keyboard or power button) it'll all spin up but nothing, blank screen (and dead to any ping/ssh attempts).

Any ideas people?

I had a similar problem (not the same). My mistake was the I had the fake buffer kext also loaded.
Maybe you can try putting in the -v (verbose) flag in the /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist and see what happens?

Coming out of sleep takes a different path though so maybe you should ask netkas the question. He is the real guru. He may have a way of tracing the problem.

The other thing I noted in my issues were that sleep problems were created when the system was going to sleep. I would see some errors in the log then. I would see nothing bad on waking up.

antonehenry 11-12-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infiniteThanks (Post 39277)
1. Try to run lspci in the command line. It should show all the devices. If it does not show the ethernet device, you may have a bad chip or your BIOS setting may be wrong.
OX86Tools has lspci.

2. pfix may not work perfectly. I remember having strange problems with network shares. Turns out that some permissions were not set right by pfix.

Use the Disk Utility to fix the permissions. Also, OSX86Tools can fix permissions, clean caches, etc.

3. Britney (see post by her earlier) pointed out that ethernet works for F8 BIOS version but does not in a latter version (don't remember). She suggested using a network card. Her screen name is different, I don't remember. She had also posted another DSDT.

Thanks for the reply! lspci shows I do have an ethernet controller

Attansic Technology Corp. Unknown Device [1969:1063] (rev c0)

So I'm guessing I have a newer version of the mobo, if this isn't a realtek thing. I saw some people posting around about Attansic 1062 and 1026, but haven't found anything about 1063. I will keep looking.

One more thing. I can not set my resolution either. I edited com.apple.Bood.plist, but no luck. I am stuck at a weird resolution for now. Anyone know a way to force a resolution?

EDIT::: Using OSx86 Tools' Boot editor, it shows that I am running 1920x1080x32, but that is not the case. it's weirdly stretched and not right.

Also, I have Rev 2.0. That would probably be causing some of my issues, yes?

bunun 11-12-2009 10:29 PM

anyone have some instructions to dual boot chamelion and windows7 on the same drive ? ive spent days following different instructions, and reinstalling windows7/leopard, i think ill just ask here.

oh everything else in the first post works, i just need to figure out how to dual boot off 1 hard drive.

infiniteThanks 11-12-2009 11:26 PM

Use the latest UBUNTU (9.10) to multi-boot

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunun (Post 39317)
anyone have some instructions to dual boot chamelion and windows7 on the same drive ? ive spent days following different instructions, and reinstalling windows7/leopard, i think ill just ask here.

The latest version of ubuntu will not only mult-boot but also detect the different OS installs for you :) I have a posting about it earlier.

You have to change the grub.cfg for hackintosh as I point out in that reply since grub2 assumes it is a real mac.

bunun 11-12-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infiniteThanks (Post 39319)
The latest version of ubuntu will not only mult-boot but also detect the different OS installs for you :) I have a posting about it earlier.

You have to change the grub.cfg for hackintosh as I point out in that reply since grub2 assumes it is a real mac.

thanks for the reply, i actually read your post, before i posted this, i was gonna go that route, if i couldnt find anyway to make chameleon work.

infiniteThanks 11-12-2009 11:41 PM

Suggestions for Ethernet on rev2.0, display issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonehenry (Post 39316)
Also, I have Rev 2.0. That would probably be causing some of my issues, yes?

The person with the best answer to the question (brfransen)
Quote:

Originally Posted by brfransen
If it is a rev 2.0 board there are no drivers in OS X that work for the on board ethernet. I use this PCI card in my rev 2.0 and it uses the drivers built into SL. No other hacking required.

Britney

I would suggest not fighting the battle but winning the war.

Display: I had a similar problem with display when I used aVGA monitor as the only monitor. I could not set the resolution. When I used a DVI monitor by itself or with another vga it worked but I had to use the display setting in the system preferences to set the VGA resolution. No idea what was going on there.

Also, use the OSX86Tools to set the graphics card feature. Maybe that will help you. It did not help me though.

yogi446 11-13-2009 05:44 PM

I've been using -v to try trace my random wake issues.

I've tracked a possible cause - the GFX card not waking up properly. To that end, i've removed the EFI string for my GFX card and got it working via a DSDT patch instead, which means I can send a wake notification to it on an acpi wake, which should fix it if it is indeed the error. It'll be a few days before I've used it enough to see if it's a fix or not though.

dustintinsley 11-14-2009 02:08 AM

I am trying this new method, but can not get the installer to fully load. i get no kp, but all i get is a blank screen. i am wondering if this is to do with my video card? i am following your directions exactly, but nothing. i have a nvidia 9400gt video card, this should be supported by the graphicsenabler, correct? any help is appreciated...

MonkeyDLuffy 11-14-2009 06:30 AM

Anybody tried adding an additional Ethernet NIC card? I added a Realtek 8139D which should run natively in OSX but for some reason, it does not show up in Snow.

Could this be caused by the DSDT patch that included the ethernet fix? My built-in ethernet works. Just wondering why the PCI NIC is not being detected.

Anyone has a clue?

infiniteThanks 11-14-2009 08:47 AM

Try system preferences->network

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy (Post 39380)
Anybody tried adding an additional Ethernet NIC card? I added a Realtek 8139D which should run natively in OSX but for some reason, it does not show up in Snow.

Could this be caused by the DSDT patch that included the ethernet fix? My built-in ethernet works. Just wondering why the PCI NIC is not being detected.

Anyone has a clue?

I had a similar problem: I built another hackintosh in about 20 minutes today and I had already done a linux dd of my drive to a new drive. So booting was easy but system profiler did not show the network card. So I went to system preferences->network and it started by prompting me with a message about a new card being detected and that I should enable it.

Try it ... it might work.