InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus K50IN (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4409)

kokozedman 11-19-2009 10:49 AM

Me too, I'm using NVEnabler 64. Now, I'm always running in 32-bit mode, because one of the drivers that I use is only 32-bit mode.

kokozedman 11-19-2009 10:52 AM

I have patched also my DSDT, and I'm getting a partial information in the System Profiler about the audio. It properly says the relevant info: speaker and microphone.

I use HDAEnabler, but it has some assertion errors when booting. I cannot see the message because it's flashing right before it goes to graphics mode.
Also tried to check in the system.log, but nothing. I guess it is because it is redirecting outputs to /dev/console (it says that earlier on).

I think, it should be close to getting audio output. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

flip360 11-19-2009 11:03 AM

Allright kokozedman, please do :) it would be very good to have full audio support in osx,

cheers

RGGG 11-21-2009 03:57 AM

Is anyone else getting the odd kernal panic at all? I've had 3 KP's this week. Seems to be just random....not a deal killer, but just seems odd....

Cheers

Ryan

RGGG 11-22-2009 02:27 AM

Quick Question. Looking about 10.6.2 upgrade, most everyone says to install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. before installing the update.

Edit: I needed Null... for my install to boot, not to actually run. So I will need to instal NullCPU....sorry, brain fart!
NVM, again....seems I should read more before I post. FakeSMC is installed...should only have to run NullCPUPowerManagement and install!

Ryan

flip360 11-22-2009 12:18 PM

Hello everyone,

I have fiddled around with my kexts and came to a conclusion that NullCPUPowermanagement is not needed anymore since 10.6.2. I removed it, and to my unbilief it booted up, the applecpu powermanagement kicked in and now i have full speedstep, sleep and restart/shutdown and i have no DSDT patch, heh kinda weird :)
i used the appleacpibatterymanager.kext from kokozedman and fakesmc from netkas and also put MacBookPro5,1 in my smbios.plist and changed the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext :)))

cheers

kokozedman 11-22-2009 06:53 PM

Weird!!! I have been playing with the ALC622.kext that RGGG has posted. I have not used the DSDT directly, because that would, as flip360 already experienced, cause a KP. I have instead taken the HDEF part that I see in that DSDT, and replaced the HDEF section of my system's DSDT.

I have installed the ALC662.kext, and have used the AppleHDA (original from the 10.6.2 update) ... didn't work and nothing has been changed on the system.

Then, I used a patched AppleHDA in combination with the same ALC662.kext. That patched kext with itself doesn't work either for me, even though I tried to patch the binary according to the guides that are going all around. But when combined with the ALC662.kext, it will HANG my system up.

Now, I can't boot it anylonger. Care should be take when using it ... this is the second time I got this hang-up, but this time, it is more serious, because I can't revert the system to a working state.

flip360 11-22-2009 07:27 PM

kokozedman thanks for your experimenting, i was hoping that we have some kind of working audio kext (besides voodooHDA). In my experience also, AppleHDA doesn`t play well with ALC662 :(. Imkantus offered to do some patching on snow leo`s AppleHDA and i have been waiting for that one, hope it works. i dunno how will i get the audio working when i dont have/need the DSDT patch. I am sure that some kind of solution will come for this one...

cheers

kokozedman 11-22-2009 08:05 PM

I've been seeing some patching to the VoodooHDA kext. If you notice, it has NodesToPatch in the Info.plist.

But I just can't find anywhere the rules that is used there. In some russian threads, with translation, I can understand some of the talks that they do. But the problem comes into the most important patching, where you change the Pin Default of the Nodes.

Lots of people seem to have been asking for this info, but the author just dodge this and simply say that the driver isn't completed yet, and so information will not be provided; thus forcing the users to try to magically discover how to deal with this part.

I'm not sure though, that this solution will solve the very very noisy output that we get with all VoodooHDA. All I know, is that it is the only solution that actually works. So, I guess, that is also the only option that we should all be trying to dig deeper into.

Slice is the name of the guy who made this modification into VoodooHDA. Also, the official VoodooHDA (hosted in google code) seems to be dead. Only Slice seems to keep it going.

@flip360, could you share with use your ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext? I think mine is not booting because of this. I have removed fakesmc.kext, and it didn't hang, but is waiting for SMC ... but when it is there, that ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext seems to cause the hang-up

I think

scififan68 11-22-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGGG (Post 39811)
Is anyone else getting the odd kernal panic at all? I've had 3 KP's this week. Seems to be just random....not a deal killer, but just seems odd....

Cheers

Ryan

Have you went into energy saver and unchecked Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible? It seemed to cause the random kernel panic on my hackintosh.

RGGG 11-22-2009 10:38 PM

kokozedman, Flip360, Thanks for your efforts. I wish I could help out more with testing, but I'm limited when it comes to Hackintosh's now. I used to do this quite often, but it's been quite awhile, and I've forgotten more than naught!!

Thanks!

Ryan

kokozedman 11-23-2009 03:51 AM

I think my Hard Disk is sleeping, and that have never been a cause of kernel panic as far as I know. Actually, it has never paniced, unless I loaded VoodooHDA, unloaded it, and then reloaded it.

kokozedman 11-23-2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thorazine74 (Post 37651)
You would need to get a codec dump from your audio hardware to fix the outputs mapped to the wrong ports. Also you could try using this modded version of VoodooHDA by Slice that lets you remap the ports too, it could be easier than patching AppleHDA from scratch.
Also I'm curious too, I was assuming Windows 7 didnt support installing to a GPT partition even in 64 bits variants, what method did you use?

Do you know how the mapping on VoodooHDA works? I'd like to know more about that. Slice, the forker of the moded kext is not giving any hint on how it works with simple excuses that it is not yet completed.

flip360 11-23-2009 11:39 AM

kokozedman, try and install this: http://netkas.org/?p=262
i think you will not have KP with the acpi_smc_platformplugin :)

kokozedman 11-23-2009 01:20 PM

Well, I haven't been before, but since I have been messing-up with that AppleHDA, then my system is no longer stable. Actually, I'm nearly giving up on this, because of too many things not working.

1. Sound, which is very important is not working. USB works, but it's not convenient at all.
2. Wifi doesn't work either. I've heard that there is a way to enforce it to work. The method is called "pin 21 patch" which makes the Wifi always on. In windows, it has a way of enabling/disabling the PCI port where the Wifi device is on; but there is no way for Mac to know that. If there is a BIOS setting to always switch the Wifi on all the time, then it would be cool. But unfortunately, the AMI BIOS is such a joker BIOS, you can't do that.
3. Dual monitor isn't working. I have a bigger (21") screen, that I want my hack to work on. This notebook has a VGA out, I tried, but it didn't get any output to that screen.

I'm a Web developer, so, I guess I'm going to use VMWare and install the Linux that I like there. And I'll be using Windows 7 while waiting for these issues to be resolved.

Good luck guys!!! I'll watch this thread, and please keep me posted ;)

kokozedman 11-23-2009 01:24 PM

As for the HPET, I think I have already been using a DSDT patch about that. So, I should not require that kext. It's just that the AppleHDA and the ALC662 kext has messed-up my Hack, and I can't get back to a previous state anylonger. :(

flip360 11-23-2009 03:04 PM

I am sorry to hear that you are going to give up. Wifi needs a replacement for sure, personally i have replaced the wifi card (the easiest thing to do on this laptop) and have a fully working Airport. The usb works fine for me sofar and as for the graphic card, i did try and connect it to a 22`` screen i have at home and it works, mind you that i use Chameleon Graphic Enabler and not NVEnabler (maybe they are the same), and for the sound....i dunno, imkantus is working on this, i hope it gets resolved, thanks Imkantus for your effort. So what i am saying is that although its hard to get the right set of everything for your laptop, it was not meant to be Macintosh in the first place, right? :)

Cheers

flip360 11-23-2009 10:17 PM

I have this version of VoodooHDA.kext-Snow32/64-v0243 with cVad correction and it seems to be working best of all the versions of voodoohda i have tried, BUT the sound is behaving very strangely, i have noticed that when i play audio and video (avi, mpg, mov) i have crystal clear audio, when i watch youtube videos they are also listenable with minor scratches and weird noises, the UI sounds are on or off sometimes which doesnt bother me but when i try to play audio in iTunes...well thats another story. All of a sudden its as if my computer is going to die any moment soon :) The bass sounds and high sounds are most distorted which i cannot say for the middle sounds for instance. Has anyone encountered something simmilar to this?

cheers

RGGG 11-23-2009 10:26 PM

Hmm, sounds promising, Can you post a link to that kext. I'll give it a shout and let you know!

Ryan

flip360 11-24-2009 12:08 AM

No Problem man, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?zd1vzeu1dod

cheers

RGGG 11-24-2009 12:30 AM

I will test this as soon as possible, just a thought, are you running the latest iTunes? Maybe try deleting iTunes's preferences (long shot, but who knows)

Buhgalter 11-24-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 37306)
NVEnabler is working in 32bit mode only for 64bit full QE/CI you have to place NVInject 64bit kext in S/L/E. I have tried EFI Strings for the graphic card but it has Apple renderer only no QE/CI.

Attach your NVInject 64bit for 64bit full QE/CI, please :-| I use your com.Apple.Boot.plist and there is no info about QE/CI...

Also do not run PS2 and USB when laptop comes out of sleep... Is there a fix for this problem?

P.S. News from applelife.ru - AppleHDA.kext (by clubber_77) for our ALC662 will work soon on 10.6.2... ;)

flip360 11-24-2009 01:51 PM

I will try deleting the iTunes preferences :) i am not using NVInject anymore, i am using the graphic enabler from chameleon. also for full QE/CI read a few posts above for NVEnabler from kokozedman :)

cheers

kokozedman 11-24-2009 07:50 PM

@flip360: I have finished reinstalling my Hack. To my surprise, I didn't need NV Enabler too, the Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler option made the graphics work.

I now also get dual monitor. It doesn't look right yet, but I think I'll find a solution for that later on. Still, I'll just say it, if there is anyone of you guys able to give a quick info about this. My bigger screen is 1600x900, but the pictures are not very clear. It seems that the resolution of the main screen (1366x768) is a bit stretched to fit in the bigger screen, and it doesn't look good at all.

RGGG 11-25-2009 04:24 AM

Right, audio does work, but its got a lot of noise. It reminds me of the Aspire One, the mic created a lot of interference, unless turned way down...sadly, this does nothing here.

I have a interesting issue now, maybe be hackintosh related or just snow leopard related:

We use an xserve at work running 10.5.2 to host our files which we access on other machines running 10.5.2/10.5.7.

When I connect my hackintosh to the network, I can see the server, and connect to it, but its a slow connect, takes around 3-4 minutes to connect, and interestingly some files do not show up at all, and some are replaced with empty folders labeled like "1a3hb3" and so forth.

On the other machines, they connect fine, and even show the icon as a xserve, on snow leopard, it shows as just a share point or a windows pc icon.

Now, this xserve is full of errors and glitches, but last time I had a hackintosh connected to it was my MSI Wind on 10.5.7 and it worked fine

Any idea's on this one? As soon as things slow down, I'd like to test my Wind again, to see if its a server issue or just a snow leopard issue....

Cheers

Ryan

RGGG 11-25-2009 04:56 AM

Okay, well here's some progress on the sound, and it seems its related to the output settings.

Using the kext Flip360 posted, I can get sound, but with considerable noise.

I've been playing around with Apple's MIDI utility in the Utilities folder, with not bad success.

I set my speakers to 44100hz and 2ch 16bit, and it improved quite well, still some noise, but its honestly not bad.

But here is the interesting thing, and its an odd one. If while in the same menu, I choose my mic input, and begin to play with the channel slider on the mic, with itunes open, it sounds crystal clear. As soon as I let go of the slider, I get noise again.

As odd as it seems, it seems to work, so its possibly an issue to do with the mic causing such noise. Is it possible to blacklist the mic alltogether and not have OSX see it at all?

Ryan

flip360 11-25-2009 08:31 PM

hello ryan,

i have the same thing in iTunes as you have but i dont know a workaround for that one.
VooDooHDA should work perfectly though...

RGGG 11-25-2009 09:02 PM

For me, I get static regardless of the application, but by playing around with the output settings using the MIDI control panel, I can reduce the noise.

I think the mic is causing the interference. If I can blacklist/remove OSX from seeing it, I think then sound would work flawlessly

kokozedman 11-26-2009 05:33 AM

I think that should be possible. You have an option NodesToPatch in the VoodooHDA, which helps you to modify the nodes.

I have been looking for documentations about that, but it seems that Slice among other guys are only talking Russian about this, and I can't understand a thing ... I have been using Translation, but it is still hard to understand their talk.

Do a google search using the term "VoodooHDA NodesToPatch" and you'll see these Russian threads.

I do not remember the right key, but I think there was a key called Enable which allows you to enable or disable a node. You just need to find which node is actually related to the Mic.

For now, I'm kind of very busy to look into it. When I get free time again, I'll see if disabling the Mic will also solve my noisy output.

Nevertheless, I doubt that it is the microphone which is causing this problem. I'm thinking that it is not the right output node that is used by VoodooHDA.
When I run vooodoohdahelper program, I see that there are a lot of disabled nodes. Maybe, one of these might be better than the one used by VoodooHDA ...

The reason I think of this, is that it says "Speaker (CD)" for my output, instead of a purely simple "Speaker". There is obviously something wrong in the way that this is guessing the right output nodes. Unfortunately and again, Slice is not providing enough documentation to help in solving this issue ... and the source codes are commended in Russian too ... :-S

kokozedman 11-26-2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokozedman (Post 40004)
My bigger screen is 1600x900, but the pictures are not very clear. It seems that the resolution of the main screen (1366x768) is a bit stretched to fit in the bigger screen, and it doesn't look good at all.

I found the solution for this, and display are now great. I had to enable "Show displays in menubar" (in the Display section) and I got a menu which presented all the possible resolution which actually comes with the display refresh rate.

By default, the settings in the System Preferences is just displaying the resolution (no refresh rate) and the biggest resolution that my screen supports is by default run at 59.9 Hz. The little menu on the menubar displays the refresh rate, and offered another choise of 60.0 Hz.

Choosing 60.0 Hz solved the display issue, and now, I'm running a fully dual-screen setup. :D

flip360 11-26-2009 02:14 PM

i am glad that it turned out ok with the display kokozedman, about voodoohda, the last version is from cVad the guy that is making the kext utility for snow leo, maybe we ask him somethiong about patching nodes. Also Imkantus is working on patching the AppleHDA with ALC662, so stay tuned :)

Buhgalter 11-26-2009 03:20 PM

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/09112...B09Ya4gqY3.png
I have good news for everyone!
Sound works 100%
Big thanks clubber_77 from applelife.ru!!!

RGGG 11-26-2009 03:37 PM

Awesome, should we remove voodoohda before this kext, will try it soon though

Ryan

Buhgalter 11-26-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGGG (Post 40085)
Awesome, should we remove voodoohda before this kext, will try it soon though

Ryan

Yes, of course...
It is a legacy kext (+ HDAEnabler.kext), which works with the original AppleHDA.kext...

RGGG, please make a screenshot with information about the video ...

I do not see information about the QE in my system...

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/09112...y71hi5a5wo.png
In 10.5.8 was information about the QE...
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/09112...nCxWNU1JzE.png

flip360 11-26-2009 04:21 PM

Hello buhgalter, if these kexts work that would be very very very good :) I will try them out now and report back. About QE/CI OSX 10.6 is not showing those in system profiler anymore, you will have to check with http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/ :)

cheers

Buhgalter 11-26-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 40090)
About QE/CI OSX 10.6 is not showing those in system profiler anymore, you will have to check with http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/ :)

cheers

ok, thnx for the info...

flip360 11-26-2009 04:37 PM

hmm, i installed the kexts, repaired permissions but no go :( the volume slider is just greyed out...

Buhgalter 11-26-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 40093)
hmm, i installed the kexts, repaired permissions but no go :( the volume slider is just greyed out...

Also you must to put original AppleHDA.kext into S/L/E...
remove all other patched kexts for audio from S/L/E (voodooHDA, ...)
run Kext Utility by Cvad.
than reboot with -f
It works fine for me...

RGGG 11-26-2009 05:50 PM

I will try this after work today, But, while I'm here I'm noticing something new.

I think there may be some issues with the ethernet on these machines. It is working, however I've had no luck in finding any of the network printers on our network. My Wind can see them just fine, as can every other mac in the office. I've tried connecting via IP and even that didn't work. I think I'll get a usb ethernet adapter on lunch and see from there....

Ryan

kokozedman 11-26-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buhgalter (Post 40094)
It works fine for me...
I have another variants... but I can attach them only tommorow

I guess there are lots of variants of the Asus K50IN. Mine is a bit different in some parts, yours is also that way, as well as for flip360. For RGGG, he has a K60IN. Sound is not working for me too :(

It would be great if we could try the variant. I have looked at the AsusK50IN.kext, and it has some patching that is similar to the ALC662.kext that RGGG has pointed-out.
I must say, that using the ALC662.kext cause a havoc and panic all around my whole system, and rendered me in a necessity of a whole reinstallation to recover. But the AsusK50IN.kext did not cause a freezing in my system.

Buhgalter 11-27-2009 08:20 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kokozedman (Post 40105)
I must say, that using the ALC662.kext cause a havoc and panic all around my whole system, and rendered me in a necessity of a whole reinstallation to recover. But the AsusK50IN.kext did not cause a freezing in my system.

1) Try to put AsusK50IN.kext + HDAEnabler.kext into E/E (remove them from S/L/E)
2) Put original AppleHDA.kext into S/L/E...
3) Run Kext Utility by Cvad
4) reboot

I attached my Extra & patched DSDT.aml (by clubber_77) also...

Buhgalter 11-27-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 40093)

correctly, because of the E / E legas loaded earlier than AppleHDA, and accordingly replaces the information in it to your ...
and, if the system folder, then it is loaded later (I guess that things in the name, alphabetical order nobody canceled), and substitution is not always ...

AppleHDA.kext
AsusK50IN.kext

Also you can try to alter the name ... is done quickly and painlessly ...

It works fine, look at the screen shots

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/09112...CTxg5bL9fm.png

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/09112...fI1Vki2Rh5.png

flip360 11-27-2009 10:25 AM

i have my AppleHDA patched already, can you provide the original AppleHDA from 10.6.2 ?

Cheers

Buhgalter 11-27-2009 10:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 40135)
i have my AppleHDA patched already, can you provide the original AppleHDA from 10.6.2 ?

Cheers

ok, no problem...
I attached to the post the original kexts for audio from 10.6.2.

flip360 11-27-2009 11:11 AM

WEEEEEEELLLLL, i must say that one worked :)))))) WOOOOOOOT, crystal clear audio in iTunes, system profiler also, Buhgalter many many thanks man, now i have a complete working hackintosh :)))

Buhgalter 11-27-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 40138)
WEEEEEEELLLLL, i must say that one worked :)))))) WOOOOOOOT, crystal clear audio in iTunes, system profiler also, Buhgalter many many thanks man, now i have a complete working hackintosh :)))

Not at all ;) Clubber_77 made it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 39360)
Here you go my Extra folder :) http://www.mediafire.com/?zutfyyqoon3
have fun :)

Please, make links for your Extra and for this audio kexts in the first post of this topic for other users. :)

flip360 11-27-2009 11:37 AM

yep, wiil do :)

Buhgalter 11-27-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 40138)
... now i have a complete working hackintosh :)))

as for me, I hope, Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter will also work in the future ...

Clubber_77 11-27-2009 12:32 PM

For whom does not work, we wait for us in laboratory with Linux Dump and VoodooHDA Dump....

flip360 11-27-2009 12:52 PM

First of, Clubber_77, Thanks for fixing the audio man :) You Rock!
Second of Buhgalter i think you`re better off with one of those broadcom chip based wifi cards that go as low as 10 bucks on EBay, and have a native airport than to wait for some future Apple update that we are not sure is gonna work as with Atheros21.kext now in 10.6.2 :)

Cheers