InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus K50IN (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4409)

kokozedman 11-27-2009 01:32 PM

Woooowwww!!! :D Thanks a lot guys, the sound is now working :D

Big milestone ... huge thanks Clubber_77, I really appreciate your help man.

Now, I'm on to patching the Wifi so that it will be always on. I don't like to use the USB Wifi that I bought, because it makes use of the CPU, and it makes the batter power drained a lot faster.

flip360, how do you know that your SpeedStep works? Me, I have bought a small software called CoolBook ... It allows me to control the CPU voltage and frequencies, to auto-throttle it or manually lock it to the lowest speed.
Actually, mine have 2133, 1600 and 800 MHz speeds ... and it saves some battery time when I lock it to the lowest speed.

I have tried DSDT patching to get vanilla SpeedStep, but it didn't seem to work. Or, may be, I don't know how to check whether it works or not ... but now, with that software, I can see that it is working.

flip360 11-27-2009 02:34 PM

Exactly the same software, I dunno if theres a way for us to check it otherwise but i think that either its running or not ;)
Also during boot i can see that the applecpupowermanager and client are loading up, just mine coolbook shows 2000, 1600 and 1200 speedstepping respectively, and about the Wifi check my previous post :)

Buhgalter 11-27-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 40146)
Second of Buhgalter i think you`re better off with one of those broadcom chip based wifi cards that go as low as 10 bucks on EBay, and have a native airport than to wait for some future Apple update that we are not sure is gonna work as with Atheros21.kext now in 10.6.2 :)

Cheers

I don't use WiFi, ethernet only... :) so I can wait ;)

RGGG 11-27-2009 04:02 PM

I've removed VoodooHDA, put AsusK50IN.kext and HDAEnabler into E/E, replaced AppleHDA in S/L/E and the icon is still greyed out.

Should I try putting AsusK50IN and HDAEnabler into S/L/E instead?

Ryan

Buhgalter 11-27-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGGG (Post 40160)
I've removed VoodooHDA, put AsusK50IN.kext and HDAEnabler into E/E, replaced AppleHDA in S/L/E and the icon is still greyed out.
Should I try putting AsusK50IN and HDAEnabler into S/L/E instead?
Ryan

No...
put AsusK50IN.kext and HDAEnabler into E/E...
You must to put original AppleHDA.kext & IOAudioFamily.kext from post#94 into your S/L/E also...
run Kext Utility & reboot...

RGGG 11-27-2009 04:21 PM

Thanks, I tried that after posting, and it works! Awesome job, Thanks!

I still can't figure out why this machine won't find my network printers when every other mac/Hackintosh can....

Ryan

RGGG 11-28-2009 02:36 AM

My trackpad has stopped working. I reinstalled the VoodooPS2 kext, no go.

Possibly stopped working after getting sound installed.

Any idea what happened here?

scififan68 11-28-2009 02:59 AM

RGGG, try running kext utility, when the perms are messed up on my extra extensions i have a keyboard, but no trackpad.

RGGG 11-28-2009 03:18 AM

Hmm, I'll try that again, last time I tried the kext utility without installing any kext's, it kept coming up "Waiting system rebuild "Snow Leo" "Extensions.mkext" and would time out, but If I install a kext, then run kext utility it rebuilds fine it says!

Weird....

RGGG 11-28-2009 03:37 AM

Rebuilt using Kext Utility, VoodooPS2 is in E/E as well as S/L/E....No dice

Would it have anything to do with the ACERK50IN.kext, keep in mind I am on AcerK60 (Basically the same unit, larger screen, but everything till now has worked!

Tried the trackpad in Ubuntu and it works fine

Edit: Rebuilt with kextutility about a dozen times, no go, reinstalled, VooDooPS2 kext, no go, installed VooDooPS2Trackpad kext, no go. Dunno what could have caused it!

I don't see any mention of keyboard or mouse in system profiler, but I don't think I ever did!

Oddly, I just noticed, my mac is listed as a Mac Pro, and in system preferences, I have separate options for keyboard and mouse instead of the usual "keyboard & mouse setting" found on macbooks