InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

sk1nhd33t 01-26-2010 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cgates30 (Post 43738)
I did the 10.6.2 combo update from a fresh install. Removed the old sleepenabler and installed the new one before rebooting. Everything seems to work well except I get a message that my external hdd wasn't properly ejected when I wake the computer up. Is there a fix for this?

try using this dsdt or copy/compare to yours. (attached):

note that this dsdt includes mm67 shutdown/USB/Aluminum keyboard fix and best partnered w/ RC4/PC EFI restart fix by asere , cparm, duvel or rekursor (take your pick)..also remove restart/shutdown kext like openhalt or evereboot.

all devices are intact here and no speedstep included.

Souzounaki 01-26-2010 09:03 PM

I cant seem to boot with this method?
I have made the usb numerous times as in the guide.
I even tried booting -v -f.
I get the SL My Hack start up & then just as the apple logo comes on for a split second my Computer resets.
I can install with iDeneb dvd Kalayway etc...
I even tried boot 132, rebel efi, empire efi and all keep rebooting my pc.
I noticed when booting with empire efi I got the following message before reboot. acpi table not found: dsdt.aml
I am using a g31m-s2l with a sata hd & sata dvd. 8500gt graohics.

dencraig 01-27-2010 04:59 AM

10.6.2 upgrade?

I did the upgrade to 10.6.2, but now I don't have a desktop or screen: all blue. I can boot in safe mode using -x, but not in normal mode. The only thing I did to do the upgrade was to remove the sleepenable kext, reboot, then upgrade: but now no worky. Any ideas?

UPDATE: It works using a DVI (Digital) Video output instead of a regular VGA (Analog) video output... weird? I may do a complete reinstall to make sure I didn't muck it up by accident and cause these problems...

vincentmoo 01-28-2010 02:39 AM

G31m-ES2lL Rev 2 (Everythings work fine, but cannot restart , shutdown)

Hi , i am using G31M-ES2L Rev 2 motherboard to install , i am using IPC PPF5 10.5.6 iso to install, because i always hang at somewhere using retail snow leopard installer.
i am using nullcpupowermanagement , openhaltrestart, sleepenabler , it just do't restart/ shutdown. When i click restart , everythings turn off except the cpu light and fan, it don't restart /shutdown. Anyone have idea on how to fix the shutdown/restart issue for G31M-ES2L Rev 2 board ? Please.......

lflashl 01-28-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dencraig (Post 43911)
I did the upgrade to 10.6.2, but now I don't have a desktop or screen: all blue. I can boot in safe mode using -x, but not in normal mode. The only thing I did to do the upgrade was to remove the sleepenable kext, reboot, then upgrade: but now no worky. Any ideas?

UPDATE: It works using a DVI (Digital) Video output instead of a regular VGA (Analog) video output... weird? I may do a complete reinstall to make sure I didn't muck it up by accident and cause these problems...

no this is normal, i had the same problem and it turned out that i had to change DVI ports on my video card, i think its something like it thinks that you have a second monitor and its not turned on. If you press command+shift+q, this will log you out.

lflashl 01-28-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincentmoo (Post 43982)
Hi , i am using G31M-ES2L Rev 2 motherboard to install , i am using IPC PPF5 10.5.6 iso to install, because i always hang at somewhere using retail snow leopard installer.
i am using nullcpupowermanagement , openhaltrestart, sleepenabler , it just do't restart/ shutdown. When i click restart , everythings turn off except the cpu light and fan, it don't restart /shutdown. Anyone have idea on how to fix the shutdown/restart issue for G31M-ES2L Rev 2 board ? Please.......

Sorry have you tried to use this way of installing Snow Leopard, what errors happen when you tried installing Snow Leopard.

lflashl 01-28-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souzounaki (Post 43866)
I cant seem to boot with this method?
I have made the usb numerous times as in the guide.
I even tried booting -v -f.
I get the SL My Hack start up & then just as the apple logo comes on for a split second my Computer resets.
I can install with iDeneb dvd Kalayway etc...
I even tried boot 132, rebel efi, empire efi and all keep rebooting my pc.
I noticed when booting with empire efi I got the following message before reboot. acpi table not found: dsdt.aml
I am using a g31m-s2l with a sata hd & sata dvd. 8500gt graohics.

are you using G31M-S2L, or G31M-ES2L cause there is no help for the G31M-S2L here (on this post) only the G31M-ES2L...

lflashl 01-28-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macdaddy247 (Post 43604)
Hi All,

Would really appreciate some help.

I followed the above install, and it has gone pretty well, apart from the sound, which I'm going to tackle later.

Anyway, more importantly is the ethernet. I am using a small case and am limited with PCI slots (so no space for wifi card).

I was aware that the onboard ethernet wouldn't work (or so I have read). So bought a startech st100slp ethernet card.

It shows up as working on the system, but when I go to network, there is a red light next to it.
Anyone know how to get it working for the internet?

Thanks in advance!

I dont think this card is support in osx86, best to find one that works out of the box, i did for my wireless N" card, installed and worked straight away!

lflashl 01-28-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewordie (Post 43634)
I followed the instructions for creating the USB Bootable drive. When I turn on my computer and hit F12 for boot menu... I use USB-FDD and USB-HDD. I've tried both, but neither works. It just sits there and says:

Verifying DMI Pool Data.....

Did I do something wrong when I created my USB Drive? Everything seemed to go smoothly on the mac side.

yea you did the correct thing, you need to go into Hard Drive section, its listed under there!

dencraig 01-28-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lflashl (Post 43990)
no this is normal, i had the same problem and it turned out that i had to change DVI ports on my video card, i think its something like it thinks that you have a second monitor and its not turned on. If you press command+shift+q, this will log you out.

"press command+shift+q" to log out of the "second monitor"?