InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   How Install OSX Lion on PC (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7279)

ayois 10-31-2011 04:16 PM

Hi. first of all, excuse my English.

I want to install lion in a DELL OPTIPLEX 760, the same as yours, but i haven't a hackintosh snow leopard, i have a imac with lion (my computer home). It's possible?.

Thnk you!.

pippox0 10-31-2011 07:46 PM

Sure even better ...
You can prepare your usb pen for optiplex 760 on Imac

ayois 11-02-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pippox0 (Post 55841)
Sure even better ...
You can prepare your usb pen for optiplex 760 on Imac

Ok, thanks!!! :)

adnbek 11-14-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howmanyds (Post 55806)
I didn't need to recreate the whole pen drive -- I just had to find the osinstall files for 10.7.2 and put them in their places. And then it could begin installing.

But now I'm stuck again.

The install starts with about "20 minutes remaining" and proceeds nicely until "6 minutes remaining" where it gets stuck for a long time before finally saying it can't continue and that I should contact the software vendor.

Would this be related to that third kext (ElliotForce...) which I did NOT install?

Or maybe because I skipped a step in your guide: you say to create a image and title it lion and restore the basesystem into it -- I went ahead and restored basesystem onto my pen drive and did the editing of the contents directly on the drive. As I continued through your guide I saw that you meant for the first LION image to be on the desktop?? and after doing the editing to restore it to the pen drive. Do you think this makes much difference?

THanks!!

Can you tell me where you found the OSInstall files for 10.7.2? Nawcom's site is down and I can't find the files anywhere!

Ericool 11-25-2011 10:19 AM

Help?

Does this Install the ox lion to the usb stick? and not to my hard drive?

And if not where can I find a osx lion boot usb drive for a pc solution?

pippox0 11-25-2011 11:33 PM

This guide is for installing Osx lion on hd ( intel core2 duo or superior ) .
First we have to prepare a usb booting installation pen , then we install on pc.

mrprytz 11-30-2011 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howmanyds (Post 55806)
I didn't need to recreate the whole pen drive -- I just had to find the osinstall files for 10.7.2 and put them in their places. And then it could begin installing.

But now I'm stuck again.

The install starts with about "20 minutes remaining" and proceeds nicely until "6 minutes remaining" where it gets stuck for a long time before finally saying it can't continue and that I should contact the software vendor.

Would this be related to that third kext (ElliotForce...) which I did NOT install?

Or maybe because I skipped a step in your guide: you say to create a image and title it lion and restore the basesystem into it -- I went ahead and restored basesystem onto my pen drive and did the editing of the contents directly on the drive. As I continued through your guide I saw that you meant for the first LION image to be on the desktop?? and after doing the editing to restore it to the pen drive. Do you think this makes much difference?

THanks!!

I am having the exact same isue. So I made the flashdrive once more from scratch, but noe cure.

"I just had to find the osinstall files for 10.7.2 and put them in their places"
Wich files did you put where, and where did you find them?

I hope you can help me out.

Thanks!

NEVER MIND! Suddenly it just worked :D

yxq1026 12-01-2011 02:53 PM

how to get 1680*1050

Hello,

I followed the instruction and installed Lion to Optiplex 760. It works very well and I have upgraded to 10.7.2.
The only issue that trouble me is the graphic card. I can get 1280x1024 without problem by modifying the file of com.apple.Boot.plist. But the best experience of my monitor is 1680x1050. Even if I set 1680x1050, I can only get 1280x1024. Can anyone give me any idea on how to solve this problem? Do we have drivers for GMA 4500?

Many thanks.

Alex

pippox0 12-02-2011 03:50 PM

Hi,
i have Optiplex 760 too and i have 1280x1024 resolution, no QE/CI . Until Now there is no solution for graphic card intel GMA 4500.:(
When i will find a working Kext (64bit ) almost which enables changing resolution , i will post it here ...

PippoX0

yxq1026 12-05-2011 04:54 PM

Hi, PippoX0

Many thanks for your reply. I am going to buy a graphic card for Optiplex 760. What's your recommendation then? ;)

I think I will only use it to watch some movies or surf the internet and I won't use it to play game. So a low end graphic card should be enough to me. My main concern is how Lion supports to this card.

How about Nvida G210 / G240? :)

(Sorry if it is beyond the topic. )

Alex

Quote:

Originally Posted by pippox0 (Post 56146)
Hi,
i have Optiplex 760 too and i have 1280x1024 resolution, no QE/CI . Until Now there is no solution for graphic card intel GMA 4500.:(
When i will find a working Kext (64bit ) almost which enables changing resolution , i will post it here ...

PippoX0