InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   DELL D620/630/830 kext pack (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3840)

eXpresion 10-19-2009 06:16 PM

Sorrz but I don't know if it will work on your card too. Just give it a try ;)

howoarang 10-20-2009 11:07 PM

Zdravim SLIC, ja mam problem s USB portami, co se tyce teho noveho packu, konkretne ide o DSDT.aml. Kdyz sem pouzil ten puvodnej, co si tu mnel, tak ide v pohode, ale tam zas nefunguje sleep ani clamshell. Tak se chci zeptat, jak bych mohl ten starej DSDT.aml upravit, aby mi fungoval sleep a clamshell. Skousel sem extrahovat DSDT.aml cez WinXP aj cez Linuxovou distribuci, ale pote byl problem s displayem, po nabootovani sem mnel cernou obrazovku.

mrstimpy 10-21-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arb (Post 37686)
I have a D620 with NVidia Quadra NVS 110m. I wonder if the kexts here can be used for my computer. Thanks.

@arb: The Natit kext will most likely work out for you, I don't know about the CPU, I remember in leopard we had to use a special kernel to enable the dual core as it would create a funny effect, I don't know if this has been corrected in SL.

If you look around you might find a Broadcom kext compatible with your card, at least in 32bits mode, I was able to get my D620 working very well in Leopard, now I am using a D630 so I don't the current status.

Hope you can make it work. Please post your results!

Cheers!

arb 10-21-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrstimpy (Post 37809)
@arb: The Natit kext will most likely work out for you, I don't know about the CPU, I remember in leopard we had to use a special kernel to enable the dual core as it would create a funny effect, I don't know if this has been corrected in SL.

If you look around you might find a Broadcom kext compatible with your card, at least in 32bits mode, I was able to get my D620 working very well in Leopard, now I am using a D630 so I don't the current status.

Hope you can make it work. Please post your results!

Cheers!

I downloaded the boot disk from another site and could install SL successfully.
Everything except Wake from Sleep seems to be working. I wonder if the kext pack here can fix Wake from Sleep issue. I am pretty new to Mac, so I don't know what is the problem, the power management or video card, etc. Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

foucss 10-22-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arb (Post 37876)
I downloaded the boot disk from another site and could install SL successfully.
Everything except Wake from Sleep seems to be working. I wonder if the kext pack here can fix Wake from Sleep issue. I am pretty new to Mac, so I don't know what is the problem, the power management or video card, etc. Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Hey arb,

Where you download your boot disk ? link ?

I search a 123Boot CD for my D630...

Thanks !!

arb 10-22-2009 11:38 PM

Hi,

I downloaded D620SLV1.iso from
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=178411
There is a boot file for 10.5.6, but SL seems to be better.

telecaster 10-23-2009 01:12 AM

This installer is the best! I did a fresh install last night and after running the installer I am the closest I've been to fully functional. If I could just get sleep to work I'd be satisfied. I have a 630 with x3100 graphics, 4 gigs of ram and two internal wifi cards. (I bought a broadcom off Ebay a long time ago as the 3945 seemed hopeless) I think the BIOS level is A14. When I select sleep the screen goes black and everything shuts down briefly and then it powers back up. You hear the fan and the optical drive comes to life but the screen stays black and nothing will wake it up. I discovered that if you select "onboard video" as the primary video in the BIOS settings for docking behavior it effects sleep in that the screen does wake up--it's just that it won't stay asleep. Maybe someone who has sleep working could post their BIOS settings and any other tips that make it work. I'll keep trying......

foucss 10-23-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arb (Post 37932)
Hi,

I downloaded D620SLV1.iso from
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=178411
There is a boot file for 10.5.6, but SL seems to be better.

Thanks, unfortunately i have a black screen after booting snow dvd (i think is the graphic card kext cause crash)

Anybody have the perfect boot 132 disk for D630?

Thanks for your help

achtung 10-27-2009 12:33 AM

Hi,

thanks to slic and little toying around I have a nice running D630 with Snow Leopard. (I figured that my 1440x900 just needs Natit.kext with old AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext, I wish I could find the sources for this kernel extensions to build a 64bit version. I found some newer Natit.kext sources which doesn't include the intel graphics anymore. The kernel extension is not very complicated...)

But now my main issue:

Sleep works fine after a fresh startup. But after some time of usage it just doesn't work anymore. The laptop starts up immediatly after going to sleep. Does somebody have the same issue or even better a solution/suggestion?

I think it has something to do with heat/fan activity. Maybe the bios somehow prevents the laptop from going to sleep (it also has control over the fan speed). Also sleep only works only after a new start when the laptop was inactive for a while, again most likely because of a cooler system?

There is a "ThermalZone" Scope in the dsdt.dsl. Could this be a way to modify the behaviour?

And by the way: I used hibernate as a work around in leopard for a while. But with SL the bootloader(netkas,chameleon) always says the hibernate image file is corrupted. Any solution for this issue?

cyberneticxp 10-27-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larry870624 (Post 33736)
Good job!Thanks to your kext package.I had installed SL on my Quadro d630 successfully.I also tried your dsdt.aml.Unlucky,it didn't support qe ci on my laptop.So can you make an efi string for my nvs 135 ,plz.Thank you.

Hello,
Could you please explain what install method and even bios revison & settings you used to install on the Dell D630.

I have the following hardware:
Dell D630
Intel Core 2 Dual
Nvidia Quadro NVS135M
2GB Ram
160GB HD
DVD/RW

Cause everything I try (removed AppleIntelPIIPATA & IOATAFamily did the trick to boot but than I am unable to acces my buitlin DVD or USB ports).

With kinds regards,
Steve