InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus K50IN (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4409)

dack 11-14-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 谣言似山 (Post 59163)
Would you please tell me how you get your alc662 working under mountain lion? I tried many ways and fails. Now I can only use BlueTooth earphone for sound. Besides, my battery works only under 10.6.
Recently, I used iada64, ubuntu, dsdtEditor and iDsdt regenerated my dsdt with mcp79 audio and GT120M patch. I found dsdt really useful. You may try modify your own dsdt instead of downloading one. Dsdt is unique to every model of motherboard no matter how similar their hardware is. It means, you may download a dsdt from others whose laptop is k40in but never from someone whose laptop is k50in.

I'm just using the kexts from this link http://www.osx86.net/view/3293-%5Bne...orking_ml.html combine with original IOAudiofamily.kext from mountain lion. you may try to modify it so the built-in speaker can working ;)

thank you for the advice about dsdt, last time when I use 10.6.x I also use the dsdt from this forum and it works perfectly, I think I just got lucky at that time. But, I'm still newbie about these stuff so I need to learn it step by step slowly, besides I'm just a student from faculty of Business & Economic :)

hafiz689 11-18-2012 09:02 AM

Hye there. flip360, i don't know if this a sillyquestion but. is there anyway to disable trackpad and onboard keyboard while using wireless mouse and keyboard? Thank you. and i just receive by caddy and installed the 2nd hdd! :)

hafiz689 11-18-2012 09:07 AM

one more thing did anyone also having problem with sound while watching youtube or any flash video. there is sound for few mins, after that there is nothing. sound card still working. only sound on the video. i'm tried both voodoo and normal audio kexts. still the same problem. :(

谣言似山 11-18-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dack (Post 59164)
I'm just using the kexts from this link http://www.osx86.net/view/3293-%5Bne...orking_ml.html combine with original IOAudiofamily.kext from mountain lion. you may try to modify it so the built-in speaker can working ;)

thank you for the advice about dsdt, last time when I use 10.6.x I also use the dsdt from this forum and it works perfectly, I think I just got lucky at that time. But, I'm still newbie about these stuff so I need to learn it step by step slowly, besides I'm just a student from faculty of Business & Economic :)

The kexts you gave me worked! Thank you very much. But it just worked for my earphone but not my built-in speaker. Did you modify it and got it work for your built-in speaker?
About dsdt, I feel that Mac OS is more and more strict with the dsdt. My dsdt is more than 10000 lines long, and the acpi dsdt specification is hundreds of pages long. So hardly can anyone go over the whole dsdt and no one can make sure their dsdt contains no error. So there's still a long way to perfect Black Apple.

dack 11-18-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 谣言似山 (Post 59183)
The kexts you gave me worked! Thank you very much. But it just worked for my earphone but not my built-in speaker. Did you modify it and got it work for your built-in speaker?
About dsdt, I feel that Mac OS is more and more strict with the dsdt. My dsdt is more than 10000 lines long, and the acpi dsdt specification is hundreds of pages long. So hardly can anyone go over the whole dsdt and no one can make sure their dsdt contains no error. So there's still a long way to perfect Black Apple.

Like I told you, the built-in speaker is not working yet. I'm using simbadda speaker on the output, so as long as I'm home its fine with me. that's why I'm not trying to modify it, after all I'm in the middle of an exam. ;)
about the trackpad and battery, do you have the proper kexts for it? my trackpad isn't working from the first time

谣言似山 11-21-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dack (Post 59184)
Like I told you, the built-in speaker is not working yet. I'm using simbadda speaker on the output, so as long as I'm home its fine with me. that's why I'm not trying to modify it, after all I'm in the middle of an exam. ;)
about the trackpad and battery, do you have the proper kexts for it? my trackpad isn't working from the first time

My battery is recognized only under SnowLeopard. Currently, the system tells me "Current power: Battery", but "Battery state: No battery". But it's ok to use both battery and AC power.
About my trackpad, I got it recognized as a mouse. You may try this to get it recognized as a trackpad. http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-com...r-mac-osx.html
I tried this kext, but it told me "Your hardware Version 2 is not supported". But there are people who use other Asus K series succeeded. So I think maybe K70IO has a different trackpad than yours. I suggest you try it. Besides, within ApplePS2Controller.kext, youmay find ApplePS2Keyboard.kext, ApplePS2Mouse.kext and ApplePS2Trackpad.kext. You may replace and combine them. That's how I got my reversed Command Key and Option(Alt) Key right.
There's also a kext called VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext which successfully recognized my trackpad as a trackpad. But with this kext, I got kernel panic if I touch my trackpad. Maybe yours won't KP with it.

谣言似山 11-21-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dack (Post 59154)
Hello flip360 and everyone on this forum :)
just want to inform you, I already installed Mountain lion using myHack on my Asus K4OIN (almost had the same hardware specification as K50IN). the nVidia graphic was recognised perfectly but the sound, trackpad, Network devices and battery was not work. then installed some kexts. the wifi, battery, and sound is working with the external jack only (I'm not using the dsdt.aml yet), after got the sound working I tried to run some stability test (opening many tabs with safari, opening youtube, Facebook, other forums and running iTunes etc.) anyway, the result is I got kernel panic. don't know what the cause is, but I'm guessing maybe because the amount of Ram is full or because the battery kext (last kext I installed). anyone know's the solution for this problem? ;)

oh yeah, one last thing for flip360.. After the fresh install, I tried using the dsdt.aml for 10.8 (on the first page). when boot I got stuck at "PCI Configuration Begin", after using boot flag "npci=0x2000" I still got stuck somewhere before I can get to the Root or terminal to remove it. :)

sorry for the long comment, hope anyone knows how to solve my problem. thank you :)

Hey, I just found the solution to my battery. I think you may try it.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top...st__80#entry95
At the bottom of floor #95, there are two attachments.
Modify your dsdt following the instruction in the smaller attachment.
Maybe you may modify them after your exam.:)

flip360 11-22-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hafiz689 (Post 59182)
one more thing did anyone also having problem with sound while watching youtube or any flash video. there is sound for few mins, after that there is nothing. sound card still working. only sound on the video. i'm tried both voodoo and normal audio kexts. still the same problem. :(

hey there,

same here :)
i just put an audio jack in (microphone, headphones) and out, thats how i fix it :P

I have full battery info in system profiler along with tmperature, hdd, gpu, cpu readings with the dsdt and kext for 10.8

About the trackpad, something is changed in 10.8 so the kext is not really working, maybe together we find a solution.

As for the K40/50 differences the best thing to do is to make your own DSDT for your specific hardware as already is told and someone suggested :)

Cheers

谣言似山 11-23-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 59196)
hey there,

i just put an audio jack in (microphone, headphones) and out, thats how i fix it :P

I have full battery info in system profiler along with tmperature, hdd, gpu, cpu readings with the dsdt and kext for 10.8

About the trackpad, something is changed in 10.8 so the kext is not really working, maybe together we find a solution.

As for the K40/50 differences the best thing to do is to make your own DSDT for your specific hardware as already is told and someone suggested :)

Cheers

Would you please give me your kext about ALC662? Now I only got it working with an earphone. Without earphone, there's still no sound. Thank you.
The trackpad, I tried many kexts for ElanTech Trackpad. They all told me "Your hardware Version 2 is not yet supported". Is it because K40/50 has a different trackpad from K70IO?

hafiz689 11-24-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 59196)
hey there,

Cheers

eventhough it sounds weird to do so, but it works! tq so much! hahaha
p/s: how did youe discover that? ^_^