InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] For easily installing vanilla snow leo. (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4041)

peter falon 09-27-2009 07:41 PM

Hello, I am new to this hackintosh business but I have successfully installed Ideneb 1.5.1
I have followed your step and created a bootable USB flash disk for snow leopard installation but the boot stops at

Warning- com.apple.driver.internal moderm supports declares no kernal dependencies: using com.apple.Kernel.6.0 ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin::stand wait for service(resourceMatching)
(AppleIntelCpuPowerManagment) timeout

Pls any help with that.
Thanks

doonkeykong 09-28-2009 12:20 AM

Hi dude, yes the pics were taken from within Snow 10.6. Nah its all good. Thanks a million for all your help. I can run Leo 5.3 without dramas so I'll keep doing that until something like Kalyway or iatkos comes along.

Many thanks :-)

osxfr33k 09-28-2009 05:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
djnitehawk I have attached my working dsdt.dsl, my ioreg and a PCI hack.dsl. Could you help me figure out where i need to place this into my working dsdt.dsl and exactly what changes I need to do to the PCI hack itself? I got the hack from DSDTSE the ev0sx86 patcher latest version 1.24.

I am a bit confused by what they mean at the end of the hack to add that in the beginning? Also trying to figure out what is the ID of the PCI bridge or whatever ID I need to substitute for the one they have in the example.

All 3 files inside the attached zip.

Appreciate the effort. This hack is suppose to put the Wireless card information into the PCI section of the Mac Profiler. I am not sure however if it adds any more functionality that I have now for my Wireless? I just edited the plist and added 4329 to it and my linksys wireless works fine. Just curious about the hack.

Still working on it myself with some trial and error so would appreciate some quick start help on it.

Thanks Again!!

djnitehawk 09-28-2009 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osxfr33k (Post 36106)
djnitehawk I have attached my working dsdt.dsl, my ioreg and a PCI hack.dsl. Could you help me figure out where i need to place this into my working dsdt.dsl and exactly what changes I need to do to the PCI hack itself? I got the hack from DSDTSE the ev0sx86 patcher latest version 1.24.

I am a bit confused by what they mean at the end of the hack to add that in the beginning? Also trying to figure out what is the ID of the PCI bridge or whatever ID I need to substitute for the one they have in the example.

All 3 files inside the attached zip.

Appreciate the effort. This hack is suppose to put the Wireless card information into the PCI section of the Mac Profiler. I am not sure however if it adds any more functionality that I have now for my Wireless? I just edited the plist and added 4329 to it and my linksys wireless works fine. Just curious about the hack.

Still working on it myself with some trial and error so would appreciate some quick start help on it.

Thanks Again!!

get the latest PC EFI 10.3 boot file from netkas and replce the "boot" file on ur SL root... that has the pci fix already built in... so no need to edit dsdt for that...

besides, if ur wireless is working after adding the device id, the system profiler not showing it under PCI is purely cosmetics... so dont bother...

djnitehawk 09-28-2009 05:36 AM

all good things must come to an end...

ANNOUNCEMENT:

im sorry to say that i no longer have the time necessary to help everyone individually through their problems...

i think we've already solved (more than once) most of the common problems that people encounter when using this script...

from now on i am only going to answer questions that i already know the answer to, as i just dont have the time to go hunt around for information...

a word of advise for newbies:

dont even think about installing snow leo on laptops, if this is ur first time doing a vanilla install... it will be a slow and painful death... but hey dont let that deter u from tryin :-)

for desktops, make sure you have hardware from the past 1-2 years... for ex: intel core cpu, mobo with hpet, ahci sata controller, acpi2, a recent nvidia graphics card, sata hdd, sata dvd, etc...

and always remember: GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND :-)

good luck everyone!!!

osxfr33k 09-28-2009 07:14 AM

Thanks all of the PCI and PCI-e devices showed up perfectly with Netaks new 10.3 EFI except the linksys PCI Airport?

I ran his ioreg script and it printed pci0 so I put that -pci0 flag in the string under the kernle flag keys and that did not help.

I might still have trial and error the DSDT no biggie.

Did you get your Wireless PCI card to show up in the profiler?

djnitehawk 09-28-2009 09:24 AM

nah i dont use pc efi... my comp doesnt wake up from sleep if i use pc efi... so i stick to chameleon2 rc3...

so i have no pci devices listed in sys prof :-)

OzSpeedway 09-28-2009 03:46 PM

djnitehawk

I would like to thank you for this brillant script, it is the ONLY thing that has has managed to install Snow Leopard on an ASUS P5K vanilla system. I tried every option in the book and was just about to trash this board in favor of a Gigabyte board when I thought I would give it a try. On my second attempt, I have a working system.

Some pointers for other trying to get this script to work....

When firing it up, I suggest doing so from a terminal rather then a gui. Doing so allows you to use "sudo" thereby preventing any permission errors during it's processing. Thats what I did second time around and it worked brilliantly.

In my case the only negative is that I have to put 2 kexts in S/L/E instead of E/E - my network and VoodooHDA. VoodooHDA got my sound working (ALC883) although nothing is showing on the system profiler. At this stage I am happy, sleep doesn't work (won't wake up) but I am not concerned. WIll test for a few days to see what happens but at this stage the machine is running fine on 10.6.1.

For those that are interested, I am running a plain P5K MBd, E8400, 4Gb 800 ram and an nVidia 8600GT 512Mb with dual 500Gb SATA drives. My bios is from a P5KR, version 0703.

Cheers
Bruce

doonkeykong 10-02-2009 06:50 AM

Hey djnitehawk,
It is I again :-) , with the laptop compaq presario. Well, believe it or not I have Snow working propperly on this lappie. Yes! believe it brother it is true! Only problem is that the machine is getting rather hot and the fan keeps spiking every 30 seconds or so. This is not good.

Can you advise of a kext or program that will fix this matter?
I have tried a few different voodoopower.kexts to no avail. They worked with Kalyway 5.4 but not with the new build. It would be greatly appreciated my friend if you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you

deity 10-06-2009 07:55 AM

Great idea for a script, I'm really interested in using it but I have one problem so far. In tip #2 you suggest to find a guide for the motherboard in question, and the problem is I've been searching google high and low, also all the hackintosh sites i know to find a guide for my motherboard but oddly (since it's one of the boards that used to be recommended for hackintosh puropses) Noone seems to be using it? or at least not writing guides for it.

Hardware: Gigabyte P31-DS3L
Graphics: Asus 9800GT

Pretty much I'm stuck on finding the proper files for my board, and the other boards I've seen guides for either have a slightly different chipset or southbridge, and from my understanding this would likely make the files useless for me?

If you can help me get started that would be awesome.