InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   DELL D620/630/830 kext pack (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3840)

patchrick 01-24-2010 06:43 PM

Hi everybody! I've been lurking on this thread for months now without actually commenting. First and foremost I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and thereby helping me get my D630 running OS X with little difficulty. My only issue is Sleep. It used to work flawlessly whether closing the lid or choosing sleep from the Apple Menu. But ever since 10.6.2 I can't get it to work properly. If I close the lid, it does nothing. Fans stay on, HDD still spins, and when I open the lid the desktop is still there. If I choose sleep from the menu, it tries to sleep. The screen goes black and the HDD spins down but the fans stay running. Then in about 10-15 seconds, the DVD drive and the HDD come back on and the screen lights up where it left off.

I've got the latest version of SleepEnabler.kext from kexts.com and compiled a DSDT using DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e from InsanelyMac. I'm no dummy, but I don't completely understand all the ins and outs of this OSX86 situation yet. I'm throroughly comfortable on both OS X and Windows, but it's just some of the inner workings stuff that confuses me. So all that being said, does anyone have any suggestions for me to get my D630 to sleep comfortably!?

Thanks in advance!!

ashman 01-26-2010 09:18 PM

Frustrated. I have a Dell D630 with Intel GMA965 video, I have tried various installers and cannot get 10.6 to boot to setup, I always get the 'you must shut down your computer' message. My ATA settings in the BIOS are set for AHCI, should they be set to ATA? What method have those of you use to boot with the 10.6 disc?

AM

howoarang 01-27-2010 05:56 PM

try to boot leopard 10.6.2 Universal v3.6, but if you have intel integrated on Dell d630, you need to plug in external monitor. After installation and and patching with dell d630 x3100pack from Slic, you will have everything working with internal screen included, and the you don't need external monitor.

howoarang 01-27-2010 05:59 PM

With new dsdt.aml and kext pack from slic I have working sound with legacystac9205 kext, but if I plug in external microphone, it doesn't work. Only internal microphone is working.. have somebody the same problem?

donjuant 01-29-2010 08:00 AM

Problem with USB ports after installing DELL D620-630-830 NVIDIA.mpkg

Hello,

I need help with an USB issue I have after installing the following package:

DELL D620-630-830 NVIDIA.mpkg

USB stopped working after I installed it

please help me, I have some stuff on an USB HD and cannot do it until I fix it.

already enable USB at power Management and did not work

thanks

TheEdge 02-06-2010 02:33 PM

I have the same problem, Please someone...

rabidpilot 02-07-2010 06:14 PM

THis may be useful to you

I'm not sure about that. I created a boot disk from a image

just look for

Update: 10.6.0 Boot CD for Snow Leopard Retail Install here:
at the bottom of the first post. that image will allow you to boot off the retail dvd and do a native install. All works execpt for wireless ethernet and graphics for 3d stuff.. if u need ethernet drivers let me know and I will find where I found the driver to get it working or send u the correct kext file.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=178411

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashman (Post 43870)
Frustrated. I have a Dell D630 with Intel GMA965 video, I have tried various installers and cannot get 10.6 to boot to setup, I always get the 'you must shut down your computer' message. My ATA settings in the BIOS are set for AHCI, should they be set to ATA? What method have those of you use to boot with the 10.6 disc?

AM

rabidpilot 02-07-2010 06:19 PM

nvs135m

I was wondering if anyone knew of a kext that would work with retail 10.6.2 that would allow 3d graphic support and DVD Playback

I have tried the pack but it crashes my install and I have to reinstall

slic 02-09-2010 01:04 AM

im finally back :) and have 10.6.2 on my D630 (with broken lcd).

cnknsd 02-13-2010 12:04 AM

Slic, do you have a new version

Do you have a osx 10.6.2 updated version of your d63c/d630/d830 kext installer? When I use your installer to update all of the kexts on my install for a d630, I get a kernel panic about the kernel and cpu not being the same version. Or any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sent you a pvt msg too...

Thanks