InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

cyrusthevirus 01-07-2011 10:38 PM

anyone try out 10.6.6?

Keyno 01-07-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus (Post 52130)
anyone try out 10.6.6?

Yep, works like a charm, no changes needed for anything, everything worked perfectly for me.
Only my post before is still a problem, I'll try some kext's now.

disco monkey 01-08-2011 12:16 AM

I couldn't get 10.6.5 to work in 64bit so I did a fresh install of 10.6.0 and updated to 10.6.6 64bit without any problems. I haven't tried putting sleepenabler back in yet, but everything else seems to be working great.

edit:
used 10.6.5 sleepenabler from http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-e...es/detail?id=4

added kernel flag pmVersion=21 to com.apple.Boot.plist

everything works

rwillett 01-08-2011 05:52 PM

Keyno, I have two 1.5 TB Samsung Spinpoint Green disks. The only problem I had is recognising a 1.5TB partition in the EFI loaded. I simply split the disk down. The second 1.5TB disk is used for Time Machine, no issues with speed, no issues with install. Just connected a SATA cable and plugged it into a SATA slot. I didn't do any special installs or mods at all, my base OS X is very, very, very standard.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyno (Post 52119)
Hmm, does someone of you have a second sata hdd?
Well, I have one and it is very very slow, someone knows why?
After a bit googling I found this thread: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=564
But I just don't get it to work for me...

my config:
G31M-ES2L rev. 1.0
E7500 @ 2,93GHz
2x 2GB Kingston ValueRAM 800MHz
SSD OCZ Agility 2 40GB - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 on it
HDD Samsung Spinpoint F2 500 GB - all data (music, photos...) and Snow 10.6.5 as backup on it

At anyway my iTunes needs about 5 seconds to load a song, which is just amazingly slow...
XBench just shows exactly that. about 0.5MB/s in read???
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7...4355907336.png

So I tried patching my DSDT, I already built it several times with different compilers, but always the same...
Could someone please take a look on that or tell me his experience for a second sata drive? Attached there is my DSDT.dsl.

Otherwise, thank you very much for your guide, I just got everything working instead of sleep (no enabler works for me in 64bit, but in 32bit the AppleHDA won't work anymore...) and my slow sata drive :(

Thanks in advance and sorry if my english is not the best ;)

cyrusthevirus 01-08-2011 06:12 PM

Could someone please post their Extras folder for 10.6.6 please? Im sure it would help a lot of the others too since there are very few threads on others sites for this motherboard too.
Thanks

Edit: Updated and everything works except for sleep

cyrusthevirus 01-08-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disco monkey (Post 52132)
I couldn't get 10.6.5 to work in 64bit so I did a fresh install of 10.6.0 and updated to 10.6.6 64bit without any problems. I haven't tried putting sleepenabler back in yet, but everything else seems to be working great.

edit:
used 10.6.5 sleepenabler from http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-e...es/detail?id=4

added kernel flag pmVersion=21 to com.apple.Boot.plist

everything works

Did you manage to get sleep working with that sleepenabler? I cant seem to get it working, I dont get KP's, everything works except for sleep.

disco monkey 01-09-2011 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus (Post 52152)
Did you manage to get sleep working with that sleepenabler? I cant seem to get it working, I dont get KP's, everything works except for sleep.

yes, sleep works just fine. I can put it to sleep and it also goes to sleep on it's own with the timer. It wakes up with everything working.
In the sys preferences I have everything checked under Energy Saver.

I have a ver.1 board. The only kexts in E/E are fakesmc, legacyalc883, nullcpupowermanagement & sleepenabler.

benniepooh 01-09-2011 04:00 PM

g31m-es2l sleep 10.6.6

I could not get my g31m to wake up from sleep. It just reboots when I wake it up. Everything else works fine with 10.6.6. I'm in 32-bit mode.

Here is a list of kexts that I have loaded:

$ kextstat|grep -v "com.apple"
Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) <Linked Against>
16 0 0x4ef3d000 0x2000 0x1000 org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement (1.0.0d2) <7 4 3>
17 0 0x54f45000 0x2000 0x1000 sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler (10.5.0) <7 4 3>
32 0 0x55385000 0x4000 0x3000 org.netkas.fakesmc (2) <13 7 4 3>
64 0 0x5b8be000 0x21000 0x20000 com.lnx2mac.driver.RealtekRTL81xx (0.0.67) <63 14 5 4 3 1>
85 0 0x5b96b000 0x22000 0x21000 org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA (0.2.1) <78 14 7 5 4 3 1>
97 0 0x5b549000 0x3000 0x2000 com.evosx86.driver.lspcidrv (1.0) <4 3>

How does it compare to yours?
Thanks

cyrusthevirus 01-09-2011 04:33 PM

@disco monkey, could you please post your Extras folder since I cant get sleep to work either, it doesnt wake up from sleep. Also, are you in 64 bit?

andymodem 01-09-2011 06:30 PM

Updated 10.6.6 sleepenabler located here: http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/

cyrusthevirus 01-10-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymodem (Post 52169)
Updated 10.6.6 sleepenabler located here: http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/

Doesnt work under 64bit, causes KP's, but it does work for 32bit. Maybe just the conversion is needed?

benniepooh 01-10-2011 03:41 AM

everything works in 10.6.6

Got sleep working. I removed sleepEnabler and NullCpuPM kext and used the dsdt in the g31m kit posted elsewhere. Here is what my com.apple.Boot.plist looks like:

<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 pmVersion=21 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1400x1050x16</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>bootcamp</string>
</dict>

I installed the RC5 version of chameleon 2 from iBoot 3.0.3, and had to check all the boxes in the Energy Saver.

With sleep working, the crappy VodooHDA had to go. Following a wake-up it would creek and distort. I ended up using a Taruga alc883 driver, found elsewhere. The alc883_add0_AppleHDA is the version that worked for me. I had to get rid of alcinjector and all other alc88x kexts, like the legacy one in /E/E/. The Turaga alc883 works great.

Also, for the network driver I'm using lnx2mac driver. Works great and it's fast.

So now the only kext in my E/E is the fakesmc. Here is the list of non apple kext on my system:

$ kextstat |grep -v apple
Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) <Linked Against>
31 0 0x55375000 0x4000 0x3000 org.netkas.fakesmc (2) <13 7 4 3>
70 0 0x5b8f7000 0x21000 0x20000 com.lnx2mac.driver.RealtekRTL81xx (0.0.67) <69 14 5 4 3 1>
98 0 0x5b66c000 0x3000 0x2000 com.evosx86.driver.lspcidrv (1.0) <4 3>

Nice clean setup.

disco monkey 01-10-2011 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus (Post 52168)
@disco monkey, could you please post your Extras folder since I cant get sleep to work either, it doesnt wake up from sleep. Also, are you in 64 bit?

yes it's in 64bit.
here's my Extra folder
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EDAMWZ4Z

cyrusthevirus 01-10-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disco monkey (Post 52187)
yes it's in 64bit.
here's my Extra folder

Thanks Disco Monkey, I can confirm that the SleepEnabler included in that link does work under 64bit. Although I didnt delete any kexts other than SleepEnabler.

scott202 01-13-2011 11:55 AM

Hi Guys

I've spent an already unhealthy amount of time on this so I thought it was time to ask for some help :P

I'm using the Rev 2 version of the G31M and as of yet have only managed to get 2.0 PCM out of my SPDIF optical out on 10.6.6 using VoodooHDA.

Would anybody with working digital out please upload their audio kexts (and dsdt edits) if needed so I can get this damn thing to work!

Many thanks in advance,
Scott.

zim2dive 01-15-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benniepooh (Post 52186)
Got sleep working. I removed sleepEnabler and NullCpuPM kext and used the dsdt in the g31m kit posted elsewhere. Here is what my com.apple.Boot.plist looks like:

can you post a link to this? Which rev mobo do you have (1 or 2) ?

I've been seeing several reports of ppl saying they were sleeping without SleepEnabler, but even tho I'd run the dsdt tools, I'm not having any luck getting rid of SE.

I can report that I had the digital audio out working (simply with the 10.6.2 AppleHDA kext). I'm in the middle of reshuffling machines in the house.. moving the hackintosh to be my HTPC (in place of the linux box I've been using), b/c there is no Netflix for linux :( Actually makes more sense to have the Mac there.. altho it makes it a little less convenient for non-HTPC use... can always use VNC too, I suppose :)

So I'm at 10.6.6.. just looking to slim down the E/E folder if possible.

benniepooh 01-15-2011 04:32 PM

g31m-es2l sleep 10.6.6

Here is a link to a working dsdt for G31m-es2l rev 1.1:

http://www.filedropper.com/dsdtv2soundlegacy

I used the LegacyALC883.kext and AppleHDA from 10.6.4 since that results in zero driver reported errors. Like I said, no sleepenabler or nullcpupm, and *everything* in both 64-bit and 32-bit modes flawlessly.

Here is what's in my boot.plist:

<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>

rwillett 01-18-2011 10:57 PM

How do you know if your Mac is actually asleep?

I've had my Hackintosh working through this thread for some time, probably a year by now, and have no real issues with it. Firewire works, sound is through an iMic USB connector, Ethernet is a PCI Realtek card and I use a silent Asus 9400GT card. It's a nice quiet quad core system that I don't really tinker with as I use it day in day out.

The only problem I've has is getting sleep to actually work, as far as I can see I have never got sleep to work in 10.6.2,10.6.3,10.6.4,10.6.5 and now 10.6.6.

I have tried numerous sleepenablers, DVD's in drive's, anything and everything, even going to the expense of building a new identical system just to try things out.

I have installed the latest 10.6.x sleepenabler, added the pmVersion=21 to com.boot.apple.plist and tried setting things in the System Preferences.

I set the monitor to two mins and the computer sleep to two mins and have ticked the four checkboxes underneath "Put the hard disks to sleep when possible", "Wake for Ethernet access", "Allow power button to put computer to sleep" and "start up automatically after a power failure".

After two mins of inactivity the screen goes blank and I need to waggle the mouse to get it to come back.

So how do I know the system hasn't gone to sleep in this time as well and it's got an instantaneous startup (which is possible). Should CPU fans spin down? should all the power lights on the box go off? Since the screen's gone I can't see anything happening there. Should there be console messages? I know this sounds a bit lame (and a dumb question), but any help would be great here.

Thanks,

Rob.

Keyno 01-19-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwillett (Post 52146)
Keyno, I have two 1.5 TB Samsung Spinpoint Green disks. The only problem I had is recognising a 1.5TB partition in the EFI loaded. I simply split the disk down. The second 1.5TB disk is used for Time Machine, no issues with speed, no issues with install. Just connected a SATA cable and plugged it into a SATA slot. I didn't do any special installs or mods at all, my base OS X is very, very, very standard.

Sorry for the late answer... I didn't look in here at anyway... just forgot that :D
Well, I just experienced the same thing - that SATA is not the reason, the HDD was slow.
No - it was because the HDD was FAT formatted. I think OS X can't use those HDDs as good as HFS+ formatted HDDs. So, I just formatted it in HFS+ and works exactly as I wanted it to do =)
Now my iTunes Library also starts within some seconds. Nice :)

And thank you very much for your answer! :)

Edit:
Just tried the SleepEnabler etc. from this topic. Now Sleep also works for me. Very nice :) Thank you disco monkey and all others!

rwillett 01-19-2011 10:23 PM

Good, glad thats worked.

I would have been surprised if SATA was your problem, though little puzzled by FAT being so slow. It's not that robust a filesystem but it's not normally a slow pig.

Anyway, problem solved so thats great.

Rob.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyno (Post 52359)
Sorry for the late answer... I didn't look in here at anyway... just forgot that :D
Well, I just experienced the same thing - that SATA is not the reason, the HDD was slow.
No - it was because the HDD was FAT formatted. I think OS X can't use those HDDs as good as HFS+ formatted HDDs. So, I just formatted it in HFS+ and works exactly as I wanted it to do =)
Now my iTunes Library also starts within some seconds. Nice :)

And thank you very much for your answer! :)

Edit:
Just tried the SleepEnabler etc. from this topic. Now Sleep also works for me. Very nice :) Thank you disco monkey and all others!

rwillett 01-19-2011 10:28 PM

I know it's bad form to quote your own submission but in this case I'll make an exception as I finally appear to have automatic sleep working, which is pretty damm pleasing :)

The one hassle I have on my desktop is the lack of automatic sleep through the Energy Save in the System Settings. It has never worked and I know many people seem to have had the same problem.

Many months ago, somebody stated they used PleaseSleep to make this work, it never worked for me so I gave up. I have just tried it again and it does work. I set the Energy Settings to one minute and after one minute the machine goes to sleep. Lights go off, fans stop working and my machine is asleep. There are no dvd's in the drive, no other hacks.

The sleepenabler is the one for 10.6.x from Google with voorflags set in /Extra/com.boot.apple.plist.

The last thing is that it will not awake from keyboard or mouse, I need to bend over and press the power switch. This I will live with.

Yours,

Rob.
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwillett (Post 52353)
I've had my Hackintosh working through this thread for some time, probably a year by now, and have no real issues with it. Firewire works, sound is through an iMic USB connector, Ethernet is a PCI Realtek card and I use a silent Asus 9400GT card. It's a nice quiet quad core system that I don't really tinker with as I use it day in day out.

The only problem I've has is getting sleep to actually work, as far as I can see I have never got sleep to work in 10.6.2,10.6.3,10.6.4,10.6.5 and now 10.6.6.

I have tried numerous sleepenablers, DVD's in drive's, anything and everything, even going to the expense of building a new identical system just to try things out.

I have installed the latest 10.6.x sleepenabler, added the pmVersion=21 to com.boot.apple.plist and tried setting things in the System Preferences.

I set the monitor to two mins and the computer sleep to two mins and have ticked the four checkboxes underneath "Put the hard disks to sleep when possible", "Wake for Ethernet access", "Allow power button to put computer to sleep" and "start up automatically after a power failure".

After two mins of inactivity the screen goes blank and I need to waggle the mouse to get it to come back.

So how do I know the system hasn't gone to sleep in this time as well and it's got an instantaneous startup (which is possible). Should CPU fans spin down? should all the power lights on the box go off? Since the screen's gone I can't see anything happening there. Should there be console messages? I know this sounds a bit lame (and a dumb question), but any help would be great here.

Thanks,

Rob.

zim2dive 01-20-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwillett (Post 52364)
I know it's bad form to quote your own submission but in this case I'll make an exception as I finally appear to have automatic sleep working, which is pretty damm pleasing :)

The one hassle I have on my desktop is the lack of automatic sleep through the Energy Save in the System Settings. It has never worked and I know many people seem to have had the same problem.

sorry for the late response

a) you know your system is sleeping b/c you can hear the @#%@#% fan (if you have one plugged in to you mobo sysfan) stop
b) I posted back ~15 posts ago that I also had trouble for a long time, and *for me*, the difference to getting sleep to work (with SleepEnabler) was the choice of which fakesmc I used. I'm not smart enough to explain why it made a difference.. but for me, that made the difference.

rwillett 01-20-2011 03:32 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I changed out every component on the computer for ultra-quiet stuff, so the fan is silent even when you open the case and put your ear next to it, same for PSU and all other fans e.g. I run a silent Asus 9400GT card. Which makes it difficult to hear anything The machine is genuinely silent. :)

What I found was that the lights do go off on the case.

I haven't changed the fakesmc kext over, but wonder if PleaseSleep has the same functionality?

Do you have to press the power button to resume from sleep or can you do this from the mouse or keyboard? I have to use the power button.

Rob.

benniepooh 01-21-2011 10:33 PM

sleeping

If you ping it, and it doesn't respond, it's asleep. And if you look at console messages after you wake it up, you'll see:

Jan 18 18:37:06 bens-iMac kernel[0]: System Sleep
Jan 18 22:49:41 Bens-iMac kernel[0]: Wake reason = UHC4
Jan 18 22:49:41 Bens-iMac kernel[0]: System Wake
Jan 18 22:49:41 Bens-iMac kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 0

clumber 01-25-2011 05:07 PM

10.6.6 No Airport Card

Here's a problem that has left me scratching my head... I applied the 10.6.6 update on my 10.6.4 system and everything looked fine. My Broadcom based WiFi card was seen and was working. I was running on a single 2GB memory stick as I had a stick of memory go bad, and meanwhile got 2 new Corsair memory sticks to bring the system back up to 4GB, rebooted 10.6.6 and there's no WiFi found. Remove a stick of memory and it's back. I'm running the 64 bit kernel, and obviously would prefer to have all 4GB of memory in the system. lspci shows the WiFi card as
04:01.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)
Subsystem: Belkin F5D7000uk 54G Wireless Network Card
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 32, IRQ 19
Memory at fdcfe000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
I'm not sure what else to look at. Any suggestions? The motherboard is a 2.4 revision level, and I've booted in 32 bit and 64 bit with the same results.

clumber

Update: Well, maybe this explains it: BCM4320 on 10.6.5

Quote:

Thank you so much, it took a bit of fiddling but once I realised it was a Kernel issue I got it fixed.

For anyone else with this issue, I used IO80211Family.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext and mach_kernel from 10.6.4 with everything else stock 10.6.6 and it's running stably with wifi working.
I'm not sure it's worth it to do this much fiddling just to get the AppStore... maybe 10.6.7 will be a fix for it.

blashman 01-29-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disco monkey (Post 52187)
yes it's in 64bit.
here's my Extra folder

Thanks disco monkey for your upload.
Unfortunately the sleep doesn't work for me. I don't know why but system reboots while trying to awake.

zim2dive 01-29-2011 04:56 PM

I recently moved my box to do HTPC duties and started using the digital out, using an alleged gigabyte widget off ebay that connects to the digital out header on the mobo..it has coax and optical out... I'm finding that it seems to randomly(?) pick which of those 2 is active.. so I'll have sound showing as an output, but get none.. I go to my rcvr and toggle the audio in btw coax-1 and optical-1 and I get sound again.. anyone else see this and have a solution to get the result to be predictable?

tooriski 01-31-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blashman (Post 52535)
Thanks disco monkey for your upload.
Unfortunately the sleep doesn't work for me. I don't know why but system reboots while trying to awake.

I had the same problem.
make sure "start up automatically after power failure" is checked under Energy Saver options in system preferences.

zim2dive 02-01-2011 02:36 PM

Ran into something new last night.. I had recently moved my hack to serve at HTPC and had swapped in an nvidia GT240 (using DVI out). All worked fine. Then last night, I rebooted and got stuck with a 1024x768 (I think) screen (on my 1080 TV)... the monitors panel showed no other options. When I rebooted again, I noticed a VERY brief error message in top the left corner of the screen right as the countdown counter expires and the myHack screen comes up. The text is there for all of half a second... I tried booting verbose and did not see it... the bet I could make out is something about "bad display ... block...Error: Nvidia ROM patching failed (0x 0)" (this is off of memory, I left my notes at home).

Some googling found other similar reports.. but I did not find any obvious solution... other than pulling the GT240 and putting in a 9500GT I had as a spare... came right back up to 1920x1080 (or as 10.6. seems to like to call it "1080p".

Can anyone point me towards more info on this? I did this install way way long ago.. perhaps is there a newer myHack and/or graphicsenabler I should be installing over what I have now?

also I noticed whatever does this happens before I pick the boot drive in chameleon? ie. even when I switch to my backup drive, the resolution was wrong.

Just to be clear.. everything was working just fine for weeks. Last night I tried to put the machine to sleep, it seemed to get half-way there and then hang... fans blowing full.. so I rebooted and had the bad resolution.

alltoorobot 02-18-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2dive (Post 52569)
Ran into something new last night.. I had recently moved my hack to serve at HTPC and had swapped in an nvidia GT240 (using DVI out). All worked fine. Then last night, I rebooted and got stuck with a 1024x768 (I think) screen (on my 1080 TV)... the monitors panel showed no other options. When I rebooted again, I noticed a VERY brief error message in top the left corner of the screen right as the countdown counter expires and the myHack screen comes up. The text is there for all of half a second... I tried booting verbose and did not see it... the bet I could make out is something about "bad display ... block...Error: Nvidia ROM patching failed (0x 0)" (this is off of memory, I left my notes at home).

Some googling found other similar reports.. but I did not find any obvious solution... other than pulling the GT240 and putting in a 9500GT I had as a spare... came right back up to 1920x1080 (or as 10.6. seems to like to call it "1080p".

Can anyone point me towards more info on this? I did this install way way long ago.. perhaps is there a newer myHack and/or graphicsenabler I should be installing over what I have now?

also I noticed whatever does this happens before I pick the boot drive in chameleon? ie. even when I switch to my backup drive, the resolution was wrong.

Just to be clear.. everything was working just fine for weeks. Last night I tried to put the machine to sleep, it seemed to get half-way there and then hang... fans blowing full.. so I rebooted and had the bad resolution.

Zim,

Do you have a clone for backup? If I was you, I might start trying out different configurations. You could do a fresh install, using iboot. I'm not sure what exactly is going on there. They are using very new Chameleon boot loaders rc2 ver699. those boot loaders have built in graphics card recognition and other new features. May help you out. If you have a bootable clone of your system, you could try just changing the bootloader.

Just some thoughts

I'm having trouble on my eg31m-s2, which is also supposed to be my media center. The resolutions, 1920 x 1080x60 are giving me squiggle lines . making 1080p plasma look like a puzzle. I have to reduce resolution and even then picture is off centered. this is on the 9800gt through dvi-vga.

weird stuff

may just go back to w7

shadowro 03-23-2011 03:38 PM

any1 updated to 10.6.7?
any issues? thx

drJaser 03-27-2011 03:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I did successfully update on 10.6.7...
the only think which I must use is pmVersion=21 in the boot sequence.. the rest works OK..
The only difference from prior versions is use of VoodooHDA for audio instead of ALC662.kext
as you probably know G31M-ES2 has ALC662 chip and not ALC882 as many people thinks.

I don't know why my Core2Duo proc is not recognized as Duo but Solo (see first picture)..
Anyone has an idea ??

BR

DmitryAE 03-28-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drJaser (Post 53430)
the only think which I must use is pmVersion=21 in the boot sequence.. the rest works OK..
The only difference from prior versions is use of VoodooHDA for audio instead of ALC662.kext
as you probably know G31M-ES2 has ALC662 chip and not ALC882 as many people thinks.

I don't know why my Core2Duo proc is not recognized as Duo but Solo (see first picture)..
Anyone has an idea ??

BR

Why do you think that g31m-es2l has ALC662 instead of ALC883 (exactly 883, not 882). I have read the specification from gigabyte at http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=2889#sp . All motherboard revisions have ALC883.

Also have problem with sound. In Win7 it's more clear and loud than in Mac OS X. Can't solve this problem.

Thanks.

DmitryAE 04-03-2011 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drJaser (Post 53430)

Also updated the Mac Os X without problems. The boot flag is pmVersion=21 too.

Rapidas 04-06-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benniepooh (Post 52308)

I used the LegacyALC883.kext and AppleHDA from 10.6.4 since that results in zero driver reported errors. Like I said, no sleepenabler or nullcpupm, and *everything* in both 64-bit and 32-bit modes flawlessly.

<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>

Maybe someone has DSDT for rev 2.0 motherboard? I do not understand how to apply ES2Lw/allthe currentfix.dsl fixes.

stp715a 04-07-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benniepooh (Post 52308)

<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>

Hi and thanks for the dsdt. The link only takes you to the filedropper home page. Is there another way to get the dsdt?

Thanks

Rapidas 04-08-2011 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stp715a (Post 53578)
Hi and thanks for the dsdt. The link only takes you to the filedropper home page. Is there another way to get the dsdt?

Thanks

I've patched my DSDT using DSDT Auto-Patcher (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=235523), Linux MInt live cd, and looks like now DSDT is much better than i had before.

inoob 05-07-2011 04:10 PM

G31M-ES2L is great, just a quick question and sorry for interrupting the discussion. Need your advise should I get rev 1.1 board or rev. 2.4 board. Since I've found in the wiki, the newest rev 2.4 boards also works with 1.6.7 as well.

thanks./

bmckay 05-24-2011 03:49 AM

Hey guys. Quick question.

So, today, I turn on my hack and got a Keys Out of Order error. Basically this means, "You get to format and reinstall! ENJOY!"

I thought I was bulletproof so I had limited backups. So I did the fresh install and updated straight to 10.6.7 before fiddling with any kexts or anything. So right now, I have the most up to date OS, but no sound or sleep (never had sleep, actually).

I had sound on my previous installation, but I don't remember how I got there. I don't know I didn't do anything with my DSDT, though. In fact, the only thing I DO remember is using the EP45 Magic Installer from the lifehacker guide. lol.

tl;dr
So, any ideas on what I'll need to do to get sound working in 10.6.7 fresh?

ricky_kid 05-28-2011 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For those having trouble with sound, try this driver.

I've also found, that at least in my case, putting drivers in /Extra/Extensions only works for very low level functions. Things like fakesmc and OpenHaltRestart work fine in there, but things like my audio drivers don't.

Anyways, I've tried several drivers for sound, and this is the only one that works.

MonkeyDLuffy 06-23-2011 11:47 PM

Anybody tried updating 10.6.8? I haven't tried it yet because I want to make sure it will be just fine.

Thanks!

andymodem 06-25-2011 03:20 PM

Just updated to 10.6.8 via Software Update. Removed Sleepenabler.kext before updating. After updating had to reinstall AppleHDA. Everything is running great so far though. :)

rubeni 06-25-2011 07:01 PM

Installation Ok 10.6.6

Thanks for all, I have install Snow Leopard 10.6.6, everything works Ok.

But I have a question, which USB dongle i have to buy to have WIFI 100%?

I only got video on DVI not hdmi because video was blank. My video car is nvidia Geforce 9800GTX, i wanna convert the hackingtosh on HTPC to see SL on my LCD.
;)

DmitryAE 06-29-2011 03:58 PM

Update to 10.6.8

Update to 10.6.8 with no problems.
I have no sleepenabler so didn't delete it before.

Sound works with:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricky_kid (Post 54126)
Anyways, I've tried several drivers for sound, and this is the only one that works.

You can download it in the post early.

cyrusthevirus 07-01-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DmitryAE (Post 54396)
Update to 10.6.8 with no problems.
I have no sleepenabler so didn't delete it before.

Sound works with:

You can download it in the post early.

How do you get sleep working without SleepEnabler?

Ps. does the same SleepEnabler from 10.6.6 work with 10.6.8?

shadowro 07-06-2011 10:58 PM

any success with Lion?
thx

cyrusthevirus 07-12-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowro (Post 54442)
any success with Lion?
thx

Lion GM works perfectly, I managed to get everything working on my 1.0rev board.

andymodem 07-17-2011 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus (Post 54499)
Lion GM works perfectly, I managed to get everything working on my 1.0rev board.

What files and process did you use to get Lion working? I just installed Lion on my MacBook Pro and I'm anxious to give it a try on my Hackintosh.

cyrusthevirus 07-20-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymodem (Post 54532)
What files and process did you use to get Lion working? I just installed Lion on my MacBook Pro and I'm anxious to give it a try on my Hackintosh.

I created a 10gb partition on one of the HDD's on my system since I didnt have an 8gb usb, restored Lion GM and installed the new Chameleon on it and installed it onto a seperate partition. There are loads of guides around.

Let me know if you need my Extra's folder and the procedure.

shadowro 07-20-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus (Post 54559)
I created a 10gb partition on one of the HDD's on my system since I didnt have an 8gb usb, restored Lion GM and installed the new Chameleon on it and installed it onto a seperate partition. There are loads of guides around.

Let me know if you need my Extra's folder and the procedure.

if you can do a small tutorial (few steps what to do) and upload your EXTRA folder somewhere, that would be great and everybody will appreciate you.
thanks!