InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OS X won't re-install (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=5017)

JoesMorgue 12-23-2009 05:38 PM

OS X won't re-install

I have a Compaq computer, and I did a system restore and it restored over my OS X directory. :(

I did a few reinstalls from iPC Live x86 and they have failed. Booting OSX results in a system reboot, or a waiting for device, or waiting for network.

I'm frustrated! Before, it wouldn't boot off the HD, and I had to boot the install CD and then launch OSX. Right now, I would be happy if I could get back to that even.

00010 12-24-2009 07:42 PM

How did you install before, more info is needed.

xXrkidXx 12-24-2009 08:22 PM

Pop in your distro(I.E. iPC or your retail disc)
Reformat the hardrive. Dick Utility, Select Drive, Erase and re Partition
Continue your install.
And boot it up!
You said something about not being able to boot without the disc.. well Google for Chameleon 2 RC4 Installer. Then Download and run the packedge, no need for installer disc to boot.

JoesMorgue 12-27-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXrkidXx (Post 41745)
Pop in your distro(I.E. iPC or your retail disc)
Reformat the hardrive. Dick Utility, Select Drive, Erase and re Partition
Continue your install.
And boot it up!
You said something about not being able to boot without the disc.. well Google for Chameleon 2 RC4 Installer. Then Download and run the packedge, no need for installer disc to boot.

I'm sorry to say, that the iPC Live disk that I'm using now is the same one I used to install it last time, and I have re-partitioned the drive.

I either get a waiting for device, (Tried several re=diskXsX commands with the same result) the computer just reboots without any info as to why, or it locks up (hard) when detecting netwerking...

00010 12-27-2009 01:43 AM

I would give Empire EFI a shot or use SnowOSX Universal 3.6.

00010 12-27-2009 01:45 AM

SnowOSX Universal is only for intel, But how are you partitioning with the GUIDE or MBR partition map?

xXrkidXx 12-27-2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoesMorgue (Post 41840)
I'm sorry to say, that the iPC Live disk that I'm using now is the same one I used to install it last time, and I have re-partitioned the drive.

I either get a waiting for device, (Tried several re=diskXsX commands with the same result) the computer just reboots without any info as to why, or it locks up (hard) when detecting netwerking...

Root Device- You didn't install drivers for your chipset.
Reboot- You didn't select a kernel compatible with your comp
Network- No idea..

JoesMorgue 01-24-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXrkidXx (Post 41845)
Root Device- You didn't install drivers for your chipset.
Reboot- You didn't select a kernel compatible with your comp
Network- No idea..

Can somebody tell me the drivers I need for my chipset? I got this right the first try before with knowing very little about what I was doing. Now, I'm thinking about what I'm clicking and trying to use what I have learned with poor results...

The kernel is another area where I'm lost...Every install, I've used AMD compatable kernels...

Netwerk, If I can run my HacIntosh, I'd be happy if limited to just this machine, as I have 2 sets of NTFS drivers that give me read-write access to a 500GB of data...