InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

vkd 10-18-2009 01:52 AM

If you can't get past KP in your first Snow boot, I'd suggest you need to properly install the Chameleon bootloader. Get the latest version (2.0 RC3 r658 + PCEFI v10.4 by Netkas), install by included instructions and try again.

Hope this helps! PM me to let me know!

infiniteThanks 10-18-2009 09:00 PM

Found why audio selections did not show up

Many thanks to OP for the really hard work. Everything worked except Sound and Samba shares. I had problems with the audio like some of the others. Forgive me if I missed any similar solution posted earlier; it seems this thread is very popular :)

Here is what I did:
1. download MKext Tool from http://pcwizcomputer.com/index.php?o...=151&Itemid=48

2. Start it, click on tab "View Contents".
3. Choose /Extra/Extensions.mkext
4. Click on View Contents.

5. If any of the audio exts are missing (LegacyALC883.kext, LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext, LegacyPlatformDriver.kext) then it might help to create a new Extensions.mkext.

Note, follow the following only if 5 is true.

6. Click on Pack tab on MKext Tool.
7. Drag all the kexts in /Extra/CustomExtensions to the window.
8. I saved the extensions to an Extensions folder on my desktop.
9. I picked the "View Contents" tab again and opened the just created mkext and here is the result:
Found 7 kexts:
/Volumes/SnowCoco/Extra/CustomExtensions/fakesmc.kext - org.netkas.fakesmc (2.0)
/Volumes/SnowCoco/Extra/CustomExtensions/FramebufferDisabler.kext - net.osrom.kext.Disabler (1.0.1)
/Volumes/SnowCoco/Extra/CustomExtensions/LegacyAppleRTC_32bit_Only.kext - com.apple.driver.AppleRTC (9.9)
/Volumes/SnowCoco/Extra/CustomExtensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext - org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement (1.0d2)
/Volumes/SnowCoco/Extra/CustomExtensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext - com.psystar.driver.OpenHaltRestart (1.0.3)
/Volumes/SnowCoco/Extra/CustomExtensions/PlatformUUID.kext - com.superhai.driver.PlatformUUID (1.0)
/Volumes/SnowCoco/Extra/CustomExtensions/Sleepenabler.kext - sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler (1.0)

10. I trashed the older /Extra/Extensions.mkext. It will ask for auth. You may decide to move it; I was less patient.

11. Copy your new Desktop/Extensions/Extensions.mkext to /Extra/Extensions.mkext. It will ask for Auth.

12. Delete cache. In terminal mode do:
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches.

13. You can also run pfix as described by OP.

14. Reboot.

15. Go to System Preferences -> Sound (Thanks OP)
Select Internal Speakers for both Sound Effects and Output.

I would suggest only the brave to try this first and then verify that I am saying something sane. This is my first post here.

Now to figure out Samba shares: Mine just say connecting to Server. Works fine with windows client.
Other stuff: Time Machine: fine. Sleep is beautiful. CPU= E5200, 2 hard drives. Can't test Parallels as E5200 does not have VT extensions :(
Originally had 10.5.6. Would not boot from USB stick so I created a separate partition on one drive, put the Snow hackintosh installer on it and booted from it. Installed OS on the other drive and continued as described by OP. Beautiful. The original hard drive with 10.5.6 I reformatted and now use it for time machine.

Samba shares: Still trying to figure it out. Other Apple customers have the same problem.

brfransen 10-19-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infiniteThanks (Post 37670)
Now to figure out Samba shares: Mine just say connecting to Server. Works fine with windows client.

If you used pfix it doesn't set the execute bit on one of the files in the smb kext that needs it to run correctly. I went into Disk Utility and repaired permissions and smb is working for me now.

Britney

simsim 10-19-2009 03:14 AM

In case someone made the same mistake as me....

When I was reinstalling my stuff I couldn't get sound for a while, until I realised I was manually making the mkext in /extra by combining the kexts in S/L/E and Extra. It should only contain the kexts in extra. If you do it manually in terminal you get a lot of missing dependency messages but the resulting mkext is the same as you get from Kext Utility (I checked with md5).

I had some samba problems too but using "computername\username" as the username worked for me. As in this tip http://www.macwindows.com/snowleopar...g.html#090209d

infiniteThanks 10-19-2009 07:52 AM

brfransen: It WORKED !!! I went to Disk Utility and used it to repair permissions and SMB share now works. Thank you !

simsim: Thank you!! The warnings generated by the command line confused me so I wanted to use the MKext Tool to visualize what was going on. Plus I am fairly new to OSX Mac. Actually I am running away from Windows.

353inf 10-19-2009 02:03 PM

I was successfull following this guide to get SL up and running with kalyway 10.5.2 on another partition. The screen resolution wasn't correct and in profile it didn't recognize my video card. I installed EFI studio to fix this choosing my card. The software update offered additional updates and programs, which I declined and I might note saw in this process 'connecting to apple' which I had not noticed with the 10.5.2 verison that has has been installed numerous times in the last months attempting to get a working 'es2l ver2'. After restart I noticed during that process the cpu multiplier 10.5..........never before that, 8 normal, the 'my hack' screen with bootloader options.......kalyway1052, SL,slinstaller. I then choose SL only to get screen 'power button/restart' message in various languages with very large circle and line.......similar to those ' no left turn', etc. I'm used to seeing. The kicker is that after trying to restart and to use 'kalway1052' doesn't work..........going into bios the system has been reset to defaults.After making adjustments then booting into '1052' which is fine.Seems that when SL crashes it changes bios back to defaults. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

joel_ezekiel 10-19-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brfransen (Post 37675)
If you used pfix it doesn't set the execute bit on one of the files in the smb kext that needs it to run correctly. I went into Disk Utility and repaired permissions and smb is working for me now.

Britney

Thank you so much, using NFS worked fine but i had strange permission problems, and not knowing how to set it up on solaris properly didnt help, smb works great again!

BlaSTiWi 10-20-2009 01:19 AM

Anybody try PC EFI v10.4.1 yet?

carolinablue 10-20-2009 02:57 AM

Success - thanks!

Long-time lurker on this thread, but I wanted to simply say thanks for all the hard work as I finally got my ES2L rev 1.x working with Snow Leopard. I literally tried more than a dozen different methods (including the early versions here) and finally this latest version worked perfectly for me. Also updated to 10.6.1 without any issue and all is working perfectly. Thanks!

ynol 10-22-2009 07:29 PM

Can you give us the tip for 10.6.1 to have audio working 100%

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolinablue (Post 37747)
Long-time lurker on this thread, but I wanted to simply say thanks for all the hard work as I finally got my ES2L rev 1.x working with Snow Leopard. I literally tried more than a dozen different methods (including the early versions here) and finally this latest version worked perfectly for me. Also updated to 10.6.1 without any issue and all is working perfectly. Thanks!

Can you post the audio kexts?

I can't seem to have 100% in-out audio on SNL...!