InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

cyrusthevirus 01-10-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymodem (Post 52169)
Updated 10.6.6 sleepenabler located here: http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/

Doesnt work under 64bit, causes KP's, but it does work for 32bit. Maybe just the conversion is needed?

benniepooh 01-10-2011 03:41 AM

everything works in 10.6.6

Got sleep working. I removed sleepEnabler and NullCpuPM kext and used the dsdt in the g31m kit posted elsewhere. Here is what my com.apple.Boot.plist looks like:

<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 pmVersion=21 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1400x1050x16</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>bootcamp</string>
</dict>

I installed the RC5 version of chameleon 2 from iBoot 3.0.3, and had to check all the boxes in the Energy Saver.

With sleep working, the crappy VodooHDA had to go. Following a wake-up it would creek and distort. I ended up using a Taruga alc883 driver, found elsewhere. The alc883_add0_AppleHDA is the version that worked for me. I had to get rid of alcinjector and all other alc88x kexts, like the legacy one in /E/E/. The Turaga alc883 works great.

Also, for the network driver I'm using lnx2mac driver. Works great and it's fast.

So now the only kext in my E/E is the fakesmc. Here is the list of non apple kext on my system:

$ kextstat |grep -v apple
Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) <Linked Against>
31 0 0x55375000 0x4000 0x3000 org.netkas.fakesmc (2) <13 7 4 3>
70 0 0x5b8f7000 0x21000 0x20000 com.lnx2mac.driver.RealtekRTL81xx (0.0.67) <69 14 5 4 3 1>
98 0 0x5b66c000 0x3000 0x2000 com.evosx86.driver.lspcidrv (1.0) <4 3>

Nice clean setup.

disco monkey 01-10-2011 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus (Post 52168)
@disco monkey, could you please post your Extras folder since I cant get sleep to work either, it doesnt wake up from sleep. Also, are you in 64 bit?

yes it's in 64bit.
here's my Extra folder
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EDAMWZ4Z

cyrusthevirus 01-10-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disco monkey (Post 52187)
yes it's in 64bit.
here's my Extra folder
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EDAMWZ4Z

Thanks Disco Monkey, I can confirm that the SleepEnabler included in that link does work under 64bit. Although I didnt delete any kexts other than SleepEnabler.

scott202 01-13-2011 11:55 AM

Hi Guys

I've spent an already unhealthy amount of time on this so I thought it was time to ask for some help :P

I'm using the Rev 2 version of the G31M and as of yet have only managed to get 2.0 PCM out of my SPDIF optical out on 10.6.6 using VoodooHDA.

Would anybody with working digital out please upload their audio kexts (and dsdt edits) if needed so I can get this damn thing to work!

Many thanks in advance,
Scott.

zim2dive 01-15-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benniepooh (Post 52186)
Got sleep working. I removed sleepEnabler and NullCpuPM kext and used the dsdt in the g31m kit posted elsewhere. Here is what my com.apple.Boot.plist looks like:

can you post a link to this? Which rev mobo do you have (1 or 2) ?

I've been seeing several reports of ppl saying they were sleeping without SleepEnabler, but even tho I'd run the dsdt tools, I'm not having any luck getting rid of SE.

I can report that I had the digital audio out working (simply with the 10.6.2 AppleHDA kext). I'm in the middle of reshuffling machines in the house.. moving the hackintosh to be my HTPC (in place of the linux box I've been using), b/c there is no Netflix for linux :( Actually makes more sense to have the Mac there.. altho it makes it a little less convenient for non-HTPC use... can always use VNC too, I suppose :)

So I'm at 10.6.6.. just looking to slim down the E/E folder if possible.

benniepooh 01-15-2011 04:32 PM

g31m-es2l sleep 10.6.6

Here is a link to a working dsdt for G31m-es2l rev 1.1:

http://www.filedropper.com/dsdtv2soundlegacy

I used the LegacyALC883.kext and AppleHDA from 10.6.4 since that results in zero driver reported errors. Like I said, no sleepenabler or nullcpupm, and *everything* in both 64-bit and 32-bit modes flawlessly.

Here is what's in my boot.plist:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 pmVersion=21 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

rwillett 01-18-2011 10:57 PM

How do you know if your Mac is actually asleep?

I've had my Hackintosh working through this thread for some time, probably a year by now, and have no real issues with it. Firewire works, sound is through an iMic USB connector, Ethernet is a PCI Realtek card and I use a silent Asus 9400GT card. It's a nice quiet quad core system that I don't really tinker with as I use it day in day out.

The only problem I've has is getting sleep to actually work, as far as I can see I have never got sleep to work in 10.6.2,10.6.3,10.6.4,10.6.5 and now 10.6.6.

I have tried numerous sleepenablers, DVD's in drive's, anything and everything, even going to the expense of building a new identical system just to try things out.

I have installed the latest 10.6.x sleepenabler, added the pmVersion=21 to com.boot.apple.plist and tried setting things in the System Preferences.

I set the monitor to two mins and the computer sleep to two mins and have ticked the four checkboxes underneath "Put the hard disks to sleep when possible", "Wake for Ethernet access", "Allow power button to put computer to sleep" and "start up automatically after a power failure".

After two mins of inactivity the screen goes blank and I need to waggle the mouse to get it to come back.

So how do I know the system hasn't gone to sleep in this time as well and it's got an instantaneous startup (which is possible). Should CPU fans spin down? should all the power lights on the box go off? Since the screen's gone I can't see anything happening there. Should there be console messages? I know this sounds a bit lame (and a dumb question), but any help would be great here.

Thanks,

Rob.

Keyno 01-19-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwillett (Post 52146)
Keyno, I have two 1.5 TB Samsung Spinpoint Green disks. The only problem I had is recognising a 1.5TB partition in the EFI loaded. I simply split the disk down. The second 1.5TB disk is used for Time Machine, no issues with speed, no issues with install. Just connected a SATA cable and plugged it into a SATA slot. I didn't do any special installs or mods at all, my base OS X is very, very, very standard.

Sorry for the late answer... I didn't look in here at anyway... just forgot that :D
Well, I just experienced the same thing - that SATA is not the reason, the HDD was slow.
No - it was because the HDD was FAT formatted. I think OS X can't use those HDDs as good as HFS+ formatted HDDs. So, I just formatted it in HFS+ and works exactly as I wanted it to do =)
Now my iTunes Library also starts within some seconds. Nice :)

And thank you very much for your answer! :)

Edit:
Just tried the SleepEnabler etc. from this topic. Now Sleep also works for me. Very nice :) Thank you disco monkey and all others!

rwillett 01-19-2011 10:23 PM

Good, glad thats worked.

I would have been surprised if SATA was your problem, though little puzzled by FAT being so slow. It's not that robust a filesystem but it's not normally a slow pig.

Anyway, problem solved so thats great.

Rob.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyno (Post 52359)
Sorry for the late answer... I didn't look in here at anyway... just forgot that :D
Well, I just experienced the same thing - that SATA is not the reason, the HDD was slow.
No - it was because the HDD was FAT formatted. I think OS X can't use those HDDs as good as HFS+ formatted HDDs. So, I just formatted it in HFS+ and works exactly as I wanted it to do =)
Now my iTunes Library also starts within some seconds. Nice :)

And thank you very much for your answer! :)

Edit:
Just tried the SleepEnabler etc. from this topic. Now Sleep also works for me. Very nice :) Thank you disco monkey and all others!