InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Install Snow Leopard from USB stick/Drive (Updated 12/11/09) (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3705)

zod1988 08-22-2009 12:52 PM

Hey Snow,

since you use the same mainboard as I do: how did you enable sound?
I used a 64Bit version of VoodooHDA.kext and I'm now able to change the volume and the Sound preferencepane shows several outputs, but none of them work.

Am I missing something?

maya77 08-22-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow (Post 31792)
I had an AMD rig once but it was too much trouble everytime I had to install or update so I switched to Intel.

I have no problems with AMD and Leopard. I'm installing from retail DVD, updating with no problems, and it's stable.

My next rig will be Intel-based too.

aryajuanda 08-22-2009 01:15 PM

maybe u can use this step maya77 for your AMD.. its work for me..
http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/amd-s...install-t3727/

Snow 08-22-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zod1988 (Post 31793)
Hey Snow,

since you use the same mainboard as I do: how did you enable sound?
I used a 64Bit version of VoodooHDA.kext and I'm now able to change the volume and the Sound preferencepane shows several outputs, but none of them work.

Am I missing something?

Hi m8

I'm using my Firewire Presonus Inspire 1394 for now since its recognized from the first boot. I have the onboard disabled and will wait for KX Driver 64bit support. If the ALC889a would support analogue 5.1 sound then I would consider switching though.

jtillwick 08-29-2009 05:02 AM

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R and am currently running 10.5.8 without any issues. I tried installing a retail Snow Leopard I received today and I too get a kernel panic on first boot immediately after loading of extensions. Have also tried on my GA-P35-DS3L with the same result.

I installed my retail copy from the DVD while booted into my Leopard install by running the OSIntaller.mpkg from Terminal. Afterward I installed Chameleon 2.0 RC1 using the EFI HFS method and replaced the boot file with EFI 10.1. I have a dsdt.aml with the RTC fix in Extra/ and the kexts I have in the Extra/Extensions folder are (all 64 bit versions):
  • dsmos
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
  • NullCPUPowerManagement
  • OpenHaltRestart
  • PlatformUUID (with my drive's uuid)
  • SleepEnabler
Anyone know why I am getting a kernel panic on boot? Anyone want to help point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

schwinn555 08-29-2009 07:04 AM

Where do we get the SMBIOS file to edit? I don't see one in your files to download. I did get one in another package elsewhere but it listed the Brand and model of MOBO in the txt when I looked at the file. Should I just change that info to match mine? thanks

Snow 08-29-2009 07:46 AM

I have update my guide with UUID method and provided template smbios & comappleboot plist files.

Hope that gets you further in the process m8, good luck!

@Jtillwick

I do not recommend installing this way and thats exactly why I built this guide m8, to avoid all those issues.

spacelime 08-29-2009 04:58 PM

Hello! Thank you very much for this nice guide. I'm having some trouble though. Maybe you can point me in the right direction?

When I boot up Cameleon works great... i type in -v -x32 (tried without it too). It loads up until it says Ethernet Adress XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Ethernet Adress XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
or something and then the screen turns black. The usb drive continues to read for maybe a minute and then nothing happens. When I reboot the BIOS is screwed up so I have to restore it from a backup.

I have followed your instructions very carefully. But thing that I'm not sure that I got right is the dsdt.aml. I found an app called dsdt patcher which didn't have much options and it generated the file... Is that the way to do it.

My hardware:
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P
Intel Quad Core 2.66ghz
Geforce 9500 GT
I boot from a Kingston 16GB thumbdrive that i partitioned into one 10gb with Snow and one 6gb

thank you,
Olof

Gurruwiwi 08-29-2009 08:54 PM

Hi Snow !!

I am happy to announce that your guide works like a charm with my laptop.

I want to give you 20 thumbs up, but I only have two :p

Your guide not only was the only one so far to work, but is so well thought out it was also the only guide that made me really understand the quirks with Snow.

32bit and 64bit, one or two KP's on the way, but boots up nice unflagged, and damn fast responsive!

Now for laptop 64bit kexts for everything. Thanks!!!

updatelee 08-30-2009 12:17 AM

im using chameleon v1 w/pcefi v9, the one your using should work though, but if worse comes to worse, try what works for others I guess.

I loaded all my kext into /S/L/E I dont know much about how the kext in /E/E work. but with my case I'll tell you you MUST rebuild your kextcache or it wont load the new kext and therfore you'll get a KP 0x000002 right away. you cant rebuild the cache unless permissions are set correctly so ensure that.

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

now everyone except myself seem to be able to rebuild the kextcache from within Leopard, this never worked for me, so I always had to boot the SL dvd from my macbook and rebuild the cache from there (usbhdd)

kextcache -v 1 -ltm /Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

maybe my syntax is wrong for Leopard, if anyone can correct it that would be great.

Im also using fakesmc insted of dmos

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtillwick (Post 32604)
I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R and am currently running 10.5.8 without any issues. I tried installing a retail Snow Leopard I received today and I too get a kernel panic on first boot immediately after loading of extensions. Have also tried on my GA-P35-DS3L with the same result.

I installed my retail copy from the DVD while booted into my Leopard install by running the OSIntaller.mpkg from Terminal. Afterward I installed Chameleon 2.0 RC1 using the EFI HFS method and replaced the boot file with EFI 10.1. I have a dsdt.aml with the RTC fix in Extra/ and the kexts I have in the Extra/Extensions folder are (all 64 bit versions):
  • dsmos
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
  • NullCPUPowerManagement
  • OpenHaltRestart
  • PlatformUUID (with my drive's uuid)
  • SleepEnabler
Anyone know why I am getting a kernel panic on boot? Anyone want to help point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.