InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] 4 n00bs with laptops! (-Specially crafted for Acer Gemstone 6935G-) (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4183)

Gurruwiwi 10-25-2009 10:43 AM

That is only half the story.

Kamal, read this thread carefully and in detail. By the endc you will understand what is involved to get audio to be perfect.

I didnt manage to do it because at the time I didnt understand the difference between Leo and SL kext caching, so even if had done it right, it would never work.

Probably next holiday break I will attempt to patch dsdt again

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide...urround-t3746/

KamalAhmad 10-29-2009 06:55 PM

If you get the your dsdt patch to work, does your patch work for me? Or must i patch it too?
Is it not the same computer?

Best regards

Kamal

Gurruwiwi 10-29-2009 11:20 PM

dsdt works like this, more or less in simple terms,

Bios <-> DSDT <-> Operating System

It is a table of code, extracted from specific Bios information, not only generic (how much RAM) but specific to graphic memory, audio card special features, sleep mode and lot of extra.

OSx reads Bios made for Mac, so dsdt is a little different for PCs, but highly compatible.

You can open up the dsdt and fix all the issues, that part is a bit tricky, but not dangerous at all.

So, unfortunately, yes, you have to make your own dsdt.

But, since our systems are so very similar, most our issues will be the same, so we can share the code for you to fix it too. But you will have to manually insert it yourself.

Unfortunately I have no idea when I will the time and courage to start this task...

KamalAhmad 10-30-2009 10:10 AM

Perfekt information...

I will see if i can manage anything of it to day maybe i will succed.

But later to day. Hope it will work.

Decomp.. the dstd file.
the first thing didnt find AZAL maybe it is another thing on 6935g.

Best Regards

Kamal

Gurruwiwi 10-31-2009 03:49 PM

Mine was AZAL, had to change to HDEF. See, one of the reasons you have to make your own dsdt patch, decompile, fix, recompile.

Then, quick ApplHDA patching and it should work.

Kamal, I do warn you though, that I had SERIOUS issues that made me have to re-install SL all over again. So be sure to back-up all important info.

It is not an easy job, so unless you use Mic In all the time, it would be better just to go out and buy a compatible, cheap, USB headphone with microphone, or just microphone, or a simple USB soundcard.

KamalAhmad 10-31-2009 05:53 PM

Send me your file let me see it.

Maybe i looked at wrong place.

Best regards

Kamal

Drakulix 10-31-2009 05:58 PM

Battery Problem

Hi Guys,
I have an Acer Aspire 6935, it runs perfect with Snow Leopard, but there is one problem.

First I didn't installed it with this tutorial. I installed it from a external Kalyway 10.5.2 Hard Drive.
(Format Hard Drive, Insert Retail DVD, open OSInstall.mpkg, install SL to my Hard Drive ...) and I installed Chameleon RC3 with Terminal to my EFI Partition. Snow Leopard starts, only sound didn't work (now it works with VoodooHDA), but my battery isn't reorganised correctly.

The battery doesn't load... , the system crashes when starting with battery or removing the cable. (Black Screen but Notebook is still running.)

Also Standby or Hibernation isn't working. The Screen goes black but the notebook is still on like the battery error.

That's why I think it's only one error.

Here is a list of my kexts, hope you could help me:

EFI:

voodoops2controller.kext
openhaltrestart.kext
voodoobattery.kext
attansicL1eEthernet.kext
LegacyAppleAirportBrcm4311.kext
fakesmc.kext
PlatformUUID.kext

SLE:

VoodooHDA.kext

Any idea which kext is missing?

Gurruwiwi 11-01-2009 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Kamal - ok, here you go, let me know what you find out! Anyone finding this post, unless you have my exact and perfectly same model, do NOT use this for your installations!

Drakulix,

The sleep/hibernation problem is one of the most common problem for everyone. The only way to fix this properly is to manually patch the dsdt.aml file, just like Kamal is trying for audio. So please refer back a couple of posts back for some info.

This is one of my goals too, basically, sleep and mic in are the final thing I need to have to perfect clone of a macbook pro. But I dont have much time for this at the moment.

About the battery manager. I too have experienced KP when taking out the power plug and running the battery. But that happened like, once only! Since then, stable and good readings. I would suggest you run Kext Utility app and repair permissions.

KamalAhmad 11-01-2009 11:59 PM

Hi Gurriwiwi..

1 Attachment(s)
I used your dsdt.aml file and it works.
Worked like my org. dsdt.aml file i used before..

Did you change anything in your dsdt.aml file?

This is my org. dsdt.aml file in the attatchment.. Im using yours dsdt.aml file know.
Does that mean that you have exact my model.

BEST regards

Kamal

Gurruwiwi 11-02-2009 08:33 PM

Glad to hear it! But what do you mean, you have mic in now?

Yes, I changed the AZAL entry to HDEF, so that AppleHDA (patched) or Voodoo recognize it.

No, it doesn't mean we have the same model ( I dont have blue-ray, graphic specs are very different for instance 1GB gddr2 vs 512 gddr3)) but since it so close, it worked... For instance, your audio might have worked but could be left without graphics.

Imagine you used a dsdt from another brand or entirely different Acer line, you might not be able to even boot

great news! :)

EDIT: Oh, ok I understand now, you have audio just like with your own original dsdt. That is to be expected, as with Chameleon and special kexts, most of modern computers work 95%. It is the special features that fail, like wake/sleep/hiberbation, microfone/spif 5.1, external monitor or HDMI, ethernet for some people, etc... For that, you have to manually patch your dsdt

KamalAhmad 11-03-2009 07:55 PM

Okej... I returend to my DSDT. Your DSDT worked but no mic.
The problem i DIDNT find ASAL in the unpacked the aml file. Where did you find it?

Best regards

Kamal

rabalder 11-05-2009 10:00 PM

acer aspire 9815 (9810)

Hey

anyone had any luck installing SL on Acer aspire 9810 ?

rab

Gurruwiwi 11-07-2009 04:12 PM

Post your specs rabalder, if its pretty "standard" this guide will serve you well !

rabalder 11-08-2009 10:21 AM

aspire 9815

intel core2duoT7200 2,0 ghz
intel 945 PM express
intel pro wireless 3945 abg
nvidia geforce GO 7600
2x1 gb ram
Marvell Yukon pxe lan
2 x 200gb samsung sata

This should be my specs
rab

Gurruwiwi 11-09-2009 01:49 PM

No problems with specs except wifi card. Incompatible. You can easily swap it very cheap, or use usb wifi sticks.

Read the guide carefully, you should have no problems... if you do, we're here to help out

keep posting!

andy.banc 11-17-2009 12:34 AM

sorry, but i have a problem, I hava an ACER 8930g, my processore il quadcore q9000 at 2.0 Ghz but SL recognize it only at 1.69 Ghz.
I try with cpu-z and i see that the multiplier is blocked at 6 instead 7.5.
someone have the same problem, or know a solution for this problem?
can depend to a wrong speedstep kext?
sorry for my english :D

Mighty 11-17-2009 07:44 PM

@ Mercurysquad

you can download a PreAlpha for the Intel 3945

alexv 11-30-2009 05:42 PM

Hi,

The next week i going to buy a acer aspire 8730G. Can I install SL in this Notebook whith this guide?.

I need your help.

Thanks for all

Computadora:

Tipo de computadora Equipo basado en ACPI x86 (Mobile)

Sistema operativo Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

Service Pack del sistema operativo Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18828

DirectX DirectX 10.1

Nombre de la computadora STATION

Nombre de usuario a

Dominio de inicio de sesión station

Fecha / Hora 2009-11-22 / 23:17

Motherboard:

Tipo de CPU Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T6400, 2000 MHz (10 x 200)

Nombre del motherboard Acer Aspire 8730

Chipset del motherboard Intel Cantiga PM45

Memoria del sistema 3065 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

Tipo de BIOS Phoenix (12/09/08)

Monitor:

Placa de video NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS (512 MB)

Placa de video NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS (512 MB)

Aceleradora 3D nVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS

Monitor Monitor PnP genérico [NoDB]

Multimedia:

Placa de sonido nVIDIA HDMI @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-3]

Placa de sonido Realtek ALC888/1200 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-3]

Almacenamiento:

Controlador IDE Intel(R) ICH9M/M-E Family 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 2929

Controlador de almacenamiento Iniciador iSCSI de Microsoft

Disco rígido WDC WD3200BEVT-22ZCT0 ATA Device (298 GB, IDE)

Disco óptico PIONEER DVD-RW DVRTD08RS ATA Device

Estado SMART de los discos rígidos OK

Gurruwiwi 12-05-2009 08:30 AM

alexv,

Si, pruebalo! tienes que leer bien el tutorial, pero no es muy dificil !

alexv 12-08-2009 03:01 AM

Hola,

Gracias, ya lo he conseguido. Lo unico que no he podido es que mi tarjeta de sonido solo funciona en stereo.

tengo una alc888/1200 y no encuentro la manera.

Me puedes ayudar?.

Gracias.

Iven 12-18-2009 03:55 PM

any rumors about in mic?

Hello! Got this laptop in week ago. Good for OSX 10.6.2 , but two bad things: only out mic with VoodoHDA and bag video perform with strings. Any rumors about int mic?

Gurruwiwi 12-29-2009 10:35 PM

alexv,

tendras que editar tu dsdt para coregir el 5.1. Es una pesadilla, pero no es dificil. Eso, o esperar por algun avanzo en el voodooHDA o otro kext. O entonces, en casa, una trajetita usb compatible no soluciona. lamentablemente, no puedo ayudar mas que esto...

Iven,

about mic, sorry. Either voodooHDA development, or dsdt fixing, which is very complicated.

are you absolutely sure the hardware specs are the same? the slightest difference in video card and my string may very well not work properly. Either go for NVDarwin and or several others around, you'll have to search. Re-read the part about video in my tutorial. The absolute best is generating your own string, which is very very easy, but... the first time I saw it I almost fainted !

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=222.0

FORGET ABOUT THE REST OF THE THREAD ! YOU WILL GO MAD !

stick to the first post, and I'll a bit more. After the last RED highlighted text,

- open "graphics.hex" with text edit app
- copy the string to your com.apple.Boot.plist, explained in my tutorial !
- Delete any video kexts you might have installed to try to fix it
- Repair Permissions
- Reboot

mascal71 12-31-2009 01:19 AM

Hey ... Happy new year!!!!

Anybody did update to 10.6.2 ?

Gurruwiwi 01-04-2010 05:17 PM

Yes I did... on my brand new Dell mini 10v !! :p

Gave this Acer laptop to my Dad for x-mas! I actually built a Flight Simulator X rig, including cockpit, dual screen, without OC'ing, this laptop runs BETTER than full blown desktop counterparts!

AMAZING ! Get better FPS, stabler, wow!

Building a i7 rig next, but not to hack... for serious production suit. My 10v covers my Apple needs.

Waiting to check on that iSlate thingie around the corner...

alfaromeo303 01-19-2010 10:31 PM

Hey, I've read this thread and I'm running 10.6.2 64bit in my aspire 8930G, it is working great (except for minor things like mic in). For the wifi i'm using the dell 4930 mini pcie card which works out of the box!

The only thing I was wondering is if someone can give me some tips on getting the sleep to work properly... (if that is possible)...

cappy82288 02-15-2010 11:57 PM

Upgrading to 10.6.2

1 Attachment(s)
So I followed this guide and was able to successfully install Snow Leopard on both my Acer 6930 and Acer 5735 (no video drivers tho for the 5735). Everything works on both of them great until I try and install the Mac OS X v10.6.2 Update (Combo).
Once it is done install I get an error message at start up. (I took a picture of the screen). It happens on both laptops but I have read that most people (besides netbooks) can install this upgrade without any problems. Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cappy

damnesiac 02-28-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappy82288 (Post 45097)
So I followed this guide and was able to successfully install Snow Leopard on both my Acer 6930 and Acer 5735 (no video drivers tho for the 5735). Everything works on both of them great until I try and install the Mac OS X v10.6.2 Update (Combo).
Once it is done install I get an error message at start up. (I took a picture of the screen). It happens on both laptops but I have read that most people (besides netbooks) can install this upgrade without any problems. Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cappy

You need the updated sleepenabler.kext

cappy82288 03-01-2010 07:15 AM

http://www.dailyblogged.com/2064/upd...medium=twitter

Thanks damnesiac! I just followed the guide above and am up to date.

maximusmeridus 04-13-2010 12:16 AM

Super post on SL on 6935g, thanks, but as didn't have another mac I had to use a SnowOX universal to start it off.

I followed your instructions on setting up graphics card on my 6935g 1080p machine, but failed to get the external VGA out working when the device-properties key with your graphics hex.

Funnily enough,if I don't use any graphics device key, I can use VGA out but as you know resolution and GPU is not used properly.

Any solutions anyone?

Would really appreciate your help as have an external monitor I desperately need to use.

maximusmeridus 04-24-2010 10:06 AM

PLEEAASSE PLEEEAASEEE SOMEONE solve my VGA out problem on 6935g after this snow leopard installation. Would really appreciate some help or pointing me in the right direction, desperately want to plug in an external monitor :(

danenzxl 05-20-2010 02:21 PM

sleep

hi
i have snow installed for mont's now(10.6.3) and sleep don't work try all difference
sleepenabler kexts and other stuff from others forums and nothing
that is together with microphone problem on aspire 6935
but recently i downloaded iboot from tonymacx86 forum and when i start iboot cd
and choose my snow partition when it boot sleep works with no problem

can somebody please help me what to do to start snow withaut iboot cd and
have sleep mode?
thanks

danenzxl 07-17-2010 08:51 AM

FINALLY Sleep working acer aspire 6935g

finally got sleep fully working
install iatkos s3 pick usb fix pach on installation together with usbbusfix-ehciacquire-uhcireset
restart
update to 10.6.4 restart
instal sleepenabler.kext 10.6.4(no need for k.flag pmVersiom)
restart
sleep fully working on 64 bit mode org kernel darwin10.4.0,for video and audio pick nvenabler and voodoohda-on wake everything working no probl.
now only thing not working for me is internal microfone and card reader

macaddict1234 07-18-2010 02:47 PM

Hi i have an acer aspire 5738g

Intel PM45 chipset
T6600 C2D
ATI 4570 mobility

I've tried getting the chameleon bootloader to load the retail snow leopard disc but when i put the snow leopard disc in after the chameleon screen i just get a gray screen, can hear it loading from the disc but the graphcis simply dont work, what do i need to change in the bootloader to get it working so i can actually get to install?

rennbahncookie 08-05-2010 11:01 AM

wireless

hey, great tutorial!! but im still left without internet. :\ did i miss something?

Raulllll 10-04-2010 11:31 PM

Good guide

got everything working except wireless internet.

any ideas/suggestions on which kexts i should be using

laptop is aspire 5735z

danenzxl 10-10-2010 02:10 PM

i bought on ebay wireless card couple euro and change

jupitersmoon 10-15-2010 07:17 PM

VGA Confusion

I also have a 6935g with 512mb 9600, adding your string to the boot.plist worked fine. but ive noticed that a few people have mentioned having full QE CI support. when I check mine in "about this mac" there is no mention of Quartz Extreme or CI, i remember on 10.5 and below it used to say supported or not supported.
I'm asking because I installed oblivion and It seems to be working fine except for no 3d graphics, the hud is there the cut scenes play and i have audio?? I can hear footsteps when i use the arrow keys.

I was planning to use this as my primary operating system but I cant with no 3D

Any help would be nice, thank you

mogeansai 10-17-2010 05:00 PM

I'm running into a few issues here, mainly with creating the USB installer.
I don't have access to any machines running (snow) leopard, and i can't create a virtual environment within windows 7 or ubuntu because i can't enable hardware acceleration without modding the bios.
I have a 6935g, more or less the same internals as the one you're using.
However, i do have an old dual usb ibook g3 running tiger, so i didn't think creating the usb would be a problem. I used your guide to creating the installer word for word, but my laptop never seems to want to boot off the usb even with the bios set to boot from it.
I'm just wondering where i'm going wrong, i thought i went wrong by leaving the partition scheme as "apple partition map" so i created the usb again using "Master Boot Record" thinking that'd solve my problem, but it didn't, and for some strange reason, the ibook just hangs when i try to use GUID as a partition scheme, although it didn't when i partitioned the seagate drive i'll be using to install os x onto.
One strange thing i noticed while creating the installer, is when i got as far as installing Chameleon 2 onto the usb, it didn't create an "extra" folder, even when all files were made visible.

Sorry for the long post, but do you've any idea where i'm going wrong?

gazzacbr 11-27-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danenzxl (Post 49466)
finally got sleep fully working
...instal sleepenabler.kext 10.6.4(no need for k.flag pmVersiom)
restart
sleep fully working on 64 bit mode org kernel darwin10.4.0,for video and audio pick nvenabler and voodoohda-on wake everything working no probl.
now only thing not working for me is internal microfone and card reader

latest VoodoHDA 2.7.2 gives me internal mic (for first time) on my Acer 6920g, you can try. now comes with a nice installer/updater package :D
no luck at all for my card reader (have tried many) but my solution for now is an Expresscard adapter card reader (cheap generic one off ebay) which sits flush in the otherwise unused slot. in my original (non-working) card reader i keep an SD to micro SD adapter so all is well :cool:

i have the sleep enabler 10.6.4 but when i try to sleep it instantly wakes. i think there is a kext which is loaded to do just that, anyone tell me which one it is so i can disable it to try sleep?

mikap 01-16-2013 07:17 AM

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Hi,

Does anyone know what kexts I need to get the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT to support QE/CI and VGA out (OS X 10.6.7)? I added the code but that didn't help. I am able to get 256 of my 512 MB of VRAM to be recognized and 1440 x 900 resolution. This is without NVEnabler or NVEnabler 64. When I add those with NVDANV50Hal it stops at the end of the verbose boot.

Please help.

Thanks