InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus K50IN (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4409)

flip360 08-13-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokozedman (Post 58375)
I realized, there is some differences between K50IN and X5DIN.

I managed to get the audio working, but I used a 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext, which is also the same I use on my Snow Leopard installation. But as you can expect, I'm having the audio pop/click every few seconds.
Could you point-out how you guys fixed this popping sound?

And last, the Battery is not working.

Thats why everyone has to do their own DSDT, just to keep it specific to each HW configuration.
For the audio you will have to ask man_of_the_oak for the specific fixes to the DSDS he did. (you need the along with the audio enabler)
The battery has to be added to the DSDT for Lion and MLion to be properly recognized.

Cheers

uwannacookie 08-21-2012 09:07 PM

Whoa, this is still up!
Hey!

My laptop is on his end of life, for a while i returned to Windows because of thermal problems, my cpu was always at 95ºc.. Changed the copper fins, changed CPU to a quad core, it's cool now :p .

Which version does everyone use by now?

flip360 08-21-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uwannacookie (Post 58442)
Whoa, this is still up!
Hey!

My laptop is on his end of life, for a while i returned to Windows because of thermal problems, my cpu was always at 95ºc.. Changed the copper fins, changed CPU to a quad core, it's cool now :p .

Heya! :D

Its alive still, and latest version is ML 10.8.0

Cheers

mondet 09-05-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 58446)

Cheers

Hi flip360

I'm using ML 10.8.0 for now but the old kexts for the sound , wireless or battery from 10.6 did not work for me ... could you please share us a kext that you are using with your 10.8 system.

Thank you :)

hafiz689 09-16-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uwannacookie (Post 58442)
Whoa, this is still up!
Hey!

I'm just curious what is the new CPU specification? and where did you bought it? Including with the fin.

hafiz689 09-16-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 58446)

Cheers

Soon you may need to include the tutorial to install ML at the first post! ;)

hafiz689 10-07-2012 08:49 PM

@flip360 how did you make the audio to be working? dsdt + kext? i managed to get audio working with some custom VoodooHDA kext that i found somewhere at the net but sometimes it gave me Panic. i"m using ML now.

hafiz689 10-09-2012 03:22 AM

At last i managed to use AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA.
Just few edit in dsdt and also info file in the AppleHDA. i use the Applehda kext that included at the first post.

But still, i still have the kernel panic issue. any idea why?:-/

flip360 10-10-2012 06:31 PM

Hey guys,

I think i will release an updated /Extra with updated DSDT for Lion and Mountain Lion later :)
Sofar everything works here, and i used man_of_the_oak`s DSDT as a base.

Cheers

hafiz689 10-11-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 59019)
Hey guys,

I think i will release an updated /Extra with updated DSDT for Lion and Mountain Lion later :)
Sofar everything works here, and i used man_of_the_oak`s DSDT as a base.

Cheers

TQ! i'll be waiting for that. so far everything is working fine except i need to remove the appleacpibatterymanagement kext because that is the cause of kernel panic for my laptop. i don't use battery that much so it's fine for me. But still, i'll be waiting for any tweak or fix for that. :D Hey flip where did you buy the caddy to put the 2nd HDD to replace the ODD. may i know the website? :)