InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   How Install OSX Lion on PC (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7279)

sargatanas 07-24-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neophyter (Post 54606)
hi! how dit you do it ?
my problem is when everything is done loading
just before setup will start the pc reboots
any help please

1st: follow pippox0 tutorial.

2nd: Install Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r947 instead of Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg on OSX Lion Boot usb.

3rd: When installation is complete, boot your snow leopard
Install Extra_Lion.pkg to Lion HD
Install Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r947 to Lion HD
copy your SL com.apple.boot.plist and smbios.plist to your Lion HD /Extra folder
Put fakesmc.kext, nullCPUPowermanagenent.kext on /Extra/Extensions folder of your LionHD

4th: Install Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r947 on your Snow Leopard HD to work the dual boot.

Restart.

That's it. :)

TechXero 07-24-2011 10:17 PM

Hey Guys :

All I can say is that this guide is but a fraction of what needs to be done, awesome as it might be, there are some more things to do in order to get it working 100%

Like for example if you are on a Laptop, and need Battery to work, get BatteryLion from kexts.com, also I am using Chameleon bootloader rc5 b1200, my keyboard n mousepad on laptop did not work till I got the ps2controller update ...

Enabled QE/CI via osx86Tools and dual Screen support via Lizard ... Audio had to get VOODOHDA for Realtek RC88x ...

Of course it all depends on your build, but best place to get your kexts is kexts.com ;)

Now I am 100% up n running !

Thanks Pippo for startup guide ;)

YouDoMeIDoYou 07-25-2011 01:02 PM

Hi Guys,

I've been running Leopard/Snow Leopard for a few years now without any problems. Installing Lion seems to differ a bit.

Could someone answer a few little questions :)

1: I personally don't like the USB install methods. I always installed Snow Leopard via an USB to IDE/SATA converter and plugged my destination drive to that. Lion always complains there is nothing to install. Do you guys know if I can install Lion from a running Snow Leopard via my converter to another drive?

2: I never used a smbios.plist. My DSDT did everything for me (I always thought so...). Is it recommended using that plist for performance issues? I don't see any necessity. Is a smbios.plist a reason to getting hardware run?

3: Is it necessary installing Extra_Lion.pkg? I manually set up my Extra folder - does that .pkg make anything different?

4: I love vanilla running OSX. Thats because I only had one AD1988b.Fix.kext in my Extra folder. Now everybody is talking about VoodooHDA.kext. With my AD1988b.Fix.kext I can see all audio connections in "about this mac" - but actually there is no audio available. Why can't my DSDT activate my hardware the way it did with Snow Leopard?

5: Network used to be running out of box with Leopard/Snow Leopard. Now I have to use special kexts. One way further from vanilla installation... Any ideas why my hardware isn't supported anymore (something to do wit smbios.plist)?

I hope someone can answer my questions - best regards from Bavaria, Germany :)

pippox0 07-26-2011 12:40 PM

Hi,
some answers to your questions :
1. YES - You can copy DMG/USB to a internal/external partition on HD, place Chameleon and EXTRA_Lion on it and run Lion Installation from it . (it was my first OSX Lion installation attempt )

2. smbios.plist is necessary to bypass OSX Lion installation Check.
After installed Lion, you can delete it ( BTW i don't recommend it )

3. Extra_lion.pkg have all kext minimum necessaries to install Lion. You can experiment if you like to find your Kexts

4. I use VoodooHDA.kext , but it depends on your HW .
DSDT patching don't works for me.. Do as you like ...

5. As above, it depends on your HW.
i use Intel1000e.kext patched for my network card.
BTW you need a Kext that works on 64bit on Lion
look on www.Kexts.com

I hope this will help you ...:)

Cheers

PippoX0

rpt007 07-26-2011 05:18 PM

Hi YouDoMeIDoYou or so ...,

if you've got a running SL installation, just follow the following instruction on tonymacx86 (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/...-107-lion.html) - imho that's by far the fastest and simplest upgrade installation. After having downloaded LION from the AppStore it took me less than an hour to get LION up and run.

The only "post install" was to pursuade my ALC889a soundchip to work. Multibeast didn't help (for whatever reason) so I found the following link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=140941 (look for the section that begins with "For OS X 10.7, or AppleHDA version > 2.0.0
ALC885/889a" and follow the instructions that come with the downloaded file(s).

Everything else worked like my SL did before.

My MB is a GA-EP45 UD3R with NVIDIA GF 9500GT.

Hope that helps. Don't forget to have a working copy of your today's SL installation in case that something goes wrong. Murphy is living everywhere ...

One last hint: it seems that LION requires the "latest" bootloader - so if you are still on an older version of chameleon - switch to chimera (try it first on a copy of your existing SL, before you patch the SL which is to be replaced by LION). If not it will end in an endless bootloop.

Kind Regards
RPT007 from far North of Bavaria

analot 07-28-2011 11:17 AM

Nice work bro, 100% working on my Dell Optiplex 330;)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8at94315PM.png

yasinakgun87 07-29-2011 04:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, thanks for the great tutorial.

I have followed it word for word but having the same issue. I have installed Lion OS, however when trying to boot it via my USB I get this screen:

(picture in attachment)

analot 07-29-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yasinakgun87 (Post 54673)
Hi, thanks for the great tutorial.

I have followed it word for word but having the same issue. I have installed Lion OS, however when trying to boot it via my USB I get this screen:

(picture in attachment)

Try to install again Extra Lion.pkg, Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r755-Lion, and PCEFI 10.6 Lion+Snow into your USB Installer.

Also make sure that you have fakesmc.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext inside USB Installler / Extra/Extensions
If theres no Extensions folder just create and paste the two kext

hope it help you out

simakwm 07-29-2011 02:15 PM

USB boot

I wasn't able to repair permissions neither on the USB stick or on the LIONOSX.dmg.
I think this is a critical step right? The "Repair permissions" button is always disabled on them. What did I forget?

yasinakgun87 07-29-2011 03:48 PM

Ok,

so once I boot from my usb drive, I'm confronted with a screen showing the usb flash drive, and my leopard OS installation.

I've selected OSX Lion Boot, but I get "cant find mach_kernel"

What could be the problem