InfiniteMac OSx86  
Old 06-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by howoarang View Post
Hello, here is pack with extensions, DSDT.aml and utilites for correct working Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I made this pack, because, new pack from SLic is not working correctly for me, I have problem with USB ports.
Now my usb ports working perfect, trackPad and touchPad working, sound working too, input+output, sleep working perfect.

OK, so. There is some instructions, how to with files in pack:
1: put the DSDT.aml file to /Extra/ folder
2: put the com.apple.Boot.plist file to /Extra/ folder, too
3: all kexts in Extensions folder move or copy to /System/Library/Extension/
- use it with small application "KextUtility" included - select all kexts and drag to kextutily icon :-)
4: double click to voodooHDA.prefPane (ignore all error...)
5: "VoodooMonitor" application move to /Applications/
6: open folder "VoodooHDAhelper" and open file "how-to-readme!.txt" and read instructions how to use voodooHDAhelper (this part is not necessary):-)

dell d630 pack by howoarang:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jgy12jmwuyt

Thanks !!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Hello, here is pack with extensions, DSDT.aml and utilites for correct working Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I made this pack, because, new pack from SLic is not working correctly for me, I have problem with USB ports.
Now my usb ports working perfect, trackPad and touchPad working, sound working too, input+output, sleep working perfect.

- use it with small application "KextUtility" included - select all kexts and drag to kextutily icon :-)
6: open folder "VoodooHDAhelper" and open file "how-to-readme!.txt" and read instructions how to use voodooHDAhelper (this part is not necessary):-)

Does it works with the latest update 10.6.4?
Thanks in advance for your kind reply.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Puma

Quote:

Thanks for keeping this project going. Many thanks for sharing your work. Would this DSDT.aml and kexts work on a D830 2.4GHZ Nvidia Graphics card probably the same card as the D630? If not what do I need to replace? DSDT? If so do you know where I can grab a DSDT for the D830 to work with all the Kexts from your package and Snow 10.6.3?

I know there are other Threads on other newsgroups with guides etc but not sure which one to go with if you know hat I mean?

Thanks again!!

EDITED A COUPEL HOURS LATER:

I just relaized its actually the 2.6 GHZ T9500 Processor.

SHould I extract my DSDT using the Ubuntu Live 9.04 and change the Script in the CPU sections and the Ram Memory sections? Anywhere else that might need to be changed?

Anyone have a DSDT for the same Laptop configuration?

Nvidia 140M
T7800 (2.6GHZ)
4GB Ram

I have a Dell wireless that is competlety compatible with Snow kexts but do I need to add any script to the DSDT for that?

Same with the Audio I think its an 9205 Sigmatel is that the same as in the D630?

Last edited by osxfr33k; 06-29-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mialemat View Post
Yes it does but you'll need to remove your SleepEnabler.kext file from either the Extra folder or your Extensions folder or you'll Kernel Panic at boot. If you can't delete the file prior to booting then you'll need to boot from CD or USB and log in via terminal and delete using the command line.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkie View Post
Yes it does but you'll need to remove your SleepEnabler.kext file from either the Extra folder or your Extensions folder or you'll Kernel Panic at boot. If you can't delete the file prior to booting then you'll need to boot from CD or USB and log in via terminal and delete using the command line.
Thank you very much for your answer.
For the instance you don't need to delete Sleep Enabler.
Try to change it with the following Sleep Enabler kext and all goes well. If a new update will prompt you a Sleep Enabler kernel panic reboot with the following flags:

-v pmVersion=xx

where xx is the actual version. For 10.6.3 xx = 20, for 10.6.4 = 21 and so on.

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-e...downloads/list

I'm going to test the package.
Have fun.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Puma

howoarang, I posted a reply just up two posts on the package for the D830 T9500 Processor. I also have the Dell XPS M1530 and interestingly Brett non specific CPU DSDT for the M1330/M1530 seems to be fully working on the D830 except for sleep. I get a kernel panic when the D830 goes to sleep or manually put it to sleep. Brett's shutdown/restart fix works flawlessly on the D830 as well.

I know the DSDT by Brett was generated from the M1530 but what would I need to mod to make the USB work. Better yet what would i need to do to your DSDT for the D630 to make it near 100% for the D830 and add those features that allow the shutdown/restart fix.

Does your DSDT have at least all the fixes they mention in the link I provided below?

Will I need to mod the script for the USB and Ethernet?

Here is the link:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=190780

Last edited by osxfr33k; 06-29-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Cheetah

has anybody tried if the video output on the Dell Docking Station's DVI plug works. I think this was an issue before.
thanks a lot.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mialemat View Post
Yes, it works perfect with new update 10.6.4, but you must edit com.apple.boot.plist with kernel flag> pmversion=20 to work sleepenabler.kext.

Dell Latitude e6500
CPU: Intel C2D T9600 @ 2,8GHz / 1066MHz / 6MB
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800 MHz
VGA: NVidia Quadro NVS 160M 256MB
Sound: (working voodooHDA)
WLAN: Dell Wireless 1510 abgn @ BCM4328
LAN:' Intel
HDD: Samsung SSD 128MB SATA-II
Screen: 15,4" 1920x1200@60Hz
Snow @ 10.6.7

Last edited by howoarang; 06-29-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxfr33k View Post
Thanks for keeping this project going. Many thanks for sharing your work. Would this DSDT.aml and kexts work on a D830 2.4GHZ Nvidia Graphics card probably the same card as the D630? If not what do I need to replace? DSDT? If so do you know where I can grab a DSDT for the D830 to work with all the Kexts from your package and Snow 10.6.3?

I know there are other Threads on other newsgroups with guides etc but not sure which one to go with if you know hat I mean?

Thanks again!!

EDITED A COUPEL HOURS LATER:

I just relaized its actually the 2.6 GHZ T9500 Processor.

SHould I extract my DSDT using the Ubuntu Live 9.04 and change the Script in the CPU sections and the Ram Memory sections? Anywhere else that might need to be changed?

Anyone have a DSDT for the same Laptop configuration?

Nvidia 140M
T7800 (2.6GHZ)
4GB Ram

I have a Dell wireless that is competlety compatible with Snow kexts but do I need to add any script to the DSDT for that?

Same with the Audio I think its an 9205 Sigmatel is that the same as in the D630?

Hi, I have dell d630 with intel gma graphic card, so my dsdt.aml is for intel based laptop dell d630/830, but there are two kind of dell d630/d830 laptop. 1) with intel graphic card x3100 and 2) with nvidia graphic card.
If you have dell d830 with nvidia card, try to nvidia kext pack from Slic. Look at first page of this topic.

And sigmatel audio work with voodooHDA.kext for snow leopard.
Dell wireless may work natively, you don not need edit dsdt.aml for correct working your wireless card.

Dell Latitude e6500
CPU: Intel C2D T9600 @ 2,8GHz / 1066MHz / 6MB
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800 MHz
VGA: NVidia Quadro NVS 160M 256MB
Sound: (working voodooHDA)
WLAN: Dell Wireless 1510 abgn @ BCM4328
LAN:' Intel
HDD: Samsung SSD 128MB SATA-II
Screen: 15,4" 1920x1200@60Hz
Snow @ 10.6.7

Last edited by howoarang; 06-29-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephens View Post
Just an update on my d830 (Bios A15) with the Intel x3100 and a 1920x1200 screen. This is running a Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Vanilla kernel and Chameleon 2.0 RC4.

I've got almost everything working, some without kexts even. This is possibly one of the nicest laptops to use with Snow Leopard
  • Sleep, by power button or clamshell close, works -- natively, no kext. When you open the display, it wakes perfectly.
  • Restart and Halt work exactly as they should -- using OpenHaltRestart.kext, but will test without
  • P and C states work when on battery, battery life goes to 3.5 hours immediately and openssl speed tests confirm a seriously degraded performance, ha! No NullCPUPowerManagement.kext required.
  • Audio works using the legacy9205.kext, including headphone out, line in, built-in Mic
  • PS2 keyboard/trackpad/trackpoint all work beautifully using the ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (must reside in /S/L/E)
  • Display dimming works not only with the Fn keys, but also with the slider under Display Properties
  • Battery display works using AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • gigabit ethernet works, including WOL using AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext
  • Bluetooth works natively
  • Volume up/down/mute work natively, as does the power button for sleep
  • I flashed a Dell 1390 (BCM4311) and also a BCM4328 with Apple Device IDs so now it recognizes either as an Airport Extreme.

I'm still having issues with the rear CRT port.. if I press Fn-F8 to switch from the internal LCD to mirror to CRT, it scrambles the video and I can't fix it. Perhaps setting up a hot corner for 'sleep' would do the trick, but I think a simple display re-init in the DSDT if I can find what function governs that flip back and forth would also do the trick. Feel free to contribute here...

The only other thing I can think of is migrating everything to 64 bit, but that shouldn't be hard. The only device drivers I'm using are the Broadcom ethernet, PS2 keyboard/mouse and legacySTAC9205. The rest should be fine, but I'll test soon enough anyway.

So, how to do all this?

SERIOUS DSDT modifications. I'm going to attach my current DSDT for others to use, but do NOT take it thinking that it will 'just work' on your laptop. You'll need to have a Latitude D830 with Bios Revision A15, x3100 (965 chipset) video, and a 1920x1200 panel.. otherwise, I can't guarantee *anything*.

P.S. When I say SERIOUSLY modified, I'm not joking. I have added and removed devices, hacked up IRQs, put in different OSID checks, changed device names, timers, and even IDs. Do not take this as a panacea for all your laptop compatibility woes, but do take it as proof that you can get very close to native operative performance with just about any laptop if you are persistent enough and willing to read ACPI specs. No really, go get the document to read about what you don't understand BEFORE asking questions.

P.P.S. I also am using a custom /boot file. I'll include that as well. PC-EFI 10.6 does NOT initialize the x3100 correctly!

P.P.P.S. Quick lists of kexts in /Extra/Extensions
Code:
AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
fakesmc.kext
legacySTAC9205.kext
And in /System/Library/Extensions:
Code:
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
And my /Extra/smbios.plist file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>SMbiosdate</key>
	<string>20/09/2009</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>MB31.008E.B02</string>
	<key>SMexternalclock</key>
	<string>200</string>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>MacBook</string>
	<key>SMmanufacter</key>
	<string>Apple</string>
	<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
	<string>2000</string>
	<key>SMmemspeed</key>
	<string>667</string>
	<key>SMmemtype</key>
	<string>19</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>MacBook3,1</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>G87399530P1</string>
	<key>SMsystemversion</key>
	<string>1.24f2</string>
</dict>
</plist>
And my /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot Banner</key>
	<string>No</string>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <string>/Extra/dsdt/dsdt-0.9.aml</string>
        <key>Default Partition</key>
        <string>hd(0,2)</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>ForceWake</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>1920x1200x32</string>
	<key>Hide Partition</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-f</string>
	<key>PciRoot</key>
	<string>0</string>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>Default</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>arch</key>
	<string>i386</string>
        <key>BootQuiet</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

stephens,

I have the exact D830 except mine is a T9500 (2.6GHZ) and NVS Quadro 140M.

Shockingly I have a 100% working clone except for sleep and Ethernet. Only using fakesmc, appleACPIPS2 and Nub, smbios.plist, voodooHDA and nothing else. Speedstep is working but no C state.

I am using a M1330 Non CPU DSDT from this thread and yes surprisingly it works. I have read the graphics card 8400M in the XPS M1330 is the same as the NVS Quadro 140M which I believe is the 7300GT is I am not mistaken.

shutdown and restart is flawless. I am looking over your DSDT to see if I can somehow figure out what I need to do to modify my DSDT to get both the Ethernet and Sleep to work.

Here is the link if interested:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=190780

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.