InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 04-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Jaguar

[SOLVED] Help with Hackint0sh on the Acer Aspire X3400-U4032

Hey guys,

I've been working on this for a few weeks, maybe a month on this. I've been trying to follow this guide:

http://philtesone.com/hackintosh.html

Since my mobo is the same and my CPU is similar to his, I figured it would run smoothly. However, I was wrong; The USB doesn't detect anything other than my mouse and keyboard, and my audio, AirPort, and Ethernet all don't work. I know I need the kexts for them (and I have no idea what kexts to get), but I my primary objective at this point is to get it booting on it's own (without a boot CD; Currently only able to access via nawcom's modCD). The problem I'm having is a mysterious error during boot; It's telling me that there's an "inconsistency" with "rdisk0s2", and to run "fsck_hfs" manually. I have already run this multiple times as I've reinstalled multiple times, thinking that is was an installation error. This was not the case, though; fsck_hfs detects "rdisk0s2" to be OK. When booting from the Chameleon bootloader on the USB drive I installed from, it will shutdown the PC; When booting from the Chameleon loader I managed to slip in via CD-ROM, it loops this error that I forgot, but can provide if necessary.

My specs can be found here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/PT.SE202.024

Any help would be really appreciated, I kinda regret wiping my HD now, since I'm completely stuck...

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

Last edited by Lacedaemon; 08-31-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacedaemon View Post
Hey guys,

I've been working on this for a few weeks, maybe a month on this. I've been trying to follow this guide:

http://philtesone.com/hackintosh.html

Since my mobo is the same and my CPU is similar to his, I figured it would run smoothly. However, I was wrong; The USB doesn't detect anything other than my mouse and keyboard, and my audio, AirPort, and Ethernet all don't work. I know I need the kexts for them (and I have no idea what kexts to get), but I my primary objective at this point is to get it booting on it's own (without a boot CD; Currently only able to access via nawcom's modCD). The problem I'm having is a mysterious error during boot; It's telling me that there's an "inconsistency" with "rdisk0s2", and to run "fsck_hfs" manually. I have already run this multiple times as I've reinstalled multiple times, thinking that is was an installation error. This was not the case, though; fsck_hfs detects "rdisk0s2" to be OK. When booting from the Chameleon bootloader on the USB drive I installed from, it will shutdown the PC; When booting from the Chameleon loader I managed to slip in via CD-ROM, it loops this error that I forgot, but can provide if necessary.

My specs can be found here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/PT.SE202.024

Any help would be really appreciated, I kinda regret wiping my HD now, since I'm completely stuck...

Thanks,
Lacedaemon
OK never mind about the above problem, I got it working by simply adding the "-force64" boot flag to my com.apple.Boot.plist (thanks Unrealized). Everything seems to be working, except my QE/CI. I already tried adding the "PCIRootUID=0,1 flag to my com.apple.Boot.plist, NVEnabler64.kext, and a bunch of other guides that did not amount to any success. Can anyone help, I would really like to start using Front Row and DVD Player on my Hackint0sh.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:58 PM

What is your graphics card?

Edit: Ohh, It's an 9200. Tried using GraphicsEnabler? And which version of Snow Leo are you running? At least from 10.6.1 it *should* be supported but I don't promise anything.

Other than that, I don't know, I think it's an integrated chip so I would try getting a PCI-E GPU Instead. Like GT220, which works pretty fine on OS X.

My Hardware
CPU: Intel Celeron G530
Memory: 4.00 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3

Last edited by Unrealized; 04-11-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Jaguar

I forgot to mention earlier (sorry), but I have actually been using GraphicsEnabler since I installed this thing. Also, I'm running 10.6.8. I don't think my PC is big enough or has enough power capacity for a graphics card upgrade; I was thinking of getting a GTX 560, but my power supply is only 220 W and is specially designed for my PC, so there's probably no hope of that.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:46 PM

Well, I'd get GT210. It's low-profile and OS X compatible. Also cheap.

My Hardware
Old 04-16-2012, 05:29 AM
Jaguar

Would that graphics card be able to operate with my current power supply (220 W)? I did a little research on it during the 2 days I was gone, and my research told me that the recommended power supply for it would be around 350-400 W, give or take. I would upgrade my PSU if I could, but it's specifically designed for my PC (my PC is a mini-tower, so only really small PSUs can fit). Also, would the graphics card fit inside my PC, since it is a mini tower?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:21 AM

I've ran it on a 220w psu, same goes for a HD6670 but the GT210 is meant for HTPCs so I dont see why it wouldn't work And you could always return it if it doesn't

My Hardware
Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Jaguar

I see; How did both graphics cards perform on a 220W PSU? Were there any more frequent PC fan cycles or were there any freezes?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM

No more cycles or anything since they were designed to be low-profile. The GT210 might be better if you are scared about the power draw caused by the 6670

You might also just get a 300w psu, they aren't that expensive. $30 maybe?

My Hardware
Old 04-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Jaguar

hmmm Yeah that's also what I'm thinking. It's just so hard to find a power supply that will fit inside my case (flex-atx). What do you think about this PSU and these graphics cards?

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...230-PCIE-15-PB
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?Inv...PCIE-1024-2-PB
http://www.frys.com/product/6367661?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

System Specifications
Enermax Ostrong w/ Red Trim
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Rev 1.0
Mac OS X 10.8.2
6 GB Kingston 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
1 TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
Intel Core i5 3470 3.2 GHz
ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5450 512 MB
Antec TriCool 80mm Blue LED Fan

Got AMD? Join the Cult of AMD group on OSx86.net!

Please hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

Acert0sh - Hackintosh for Acer PCs