InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 05-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Cheetah

[Guide] How to install Retail-Vanilla SnowLeo to Acer Aspire 6920G with Drivers. from

[Guide] How to install Retail-Vanilla SnowLeo to Acer Aspire 6920G with Drivers. from nikkpap (n00b)

What you will need?
- Enthusiasm
- Patience
- Love & Passion for your Hobby (Hackindosh)
- Empire EFI CD (1.085 works fine)
- Snow Leopard (from your girlfriends mac, torrents, warez, or better buy one from an Apple store to help AppleSEEDs getting better )
- Extra Usb KeyBoard & Mouse.
- an Extra USB HDD to make Tests Before you open your Lappy and put a new 500GB 7200RPM like...
- My Driver Collection for this Lappy. (and all the Gem-Family)

Start your Lappy and put EmpireEFI_V1085_R2 boot cd when the screen says eject and press F5 do it, then put your SnowLeo dvd wait until the light of your dvdrom stops then press F5. now you can boot the SnowLeo go to the icon Mac Os Install and press enter. then you will see some lines over the screen and one prompt to say press any key press enter again. wait..
then you will see the language choose from your Snow..
do the rest. Don't forget to go to disk utility and format your disk GUIN.
when the installation starts you will probably face two things like me, one is the installation stuck at 25 minutes don't worry if your Hdd light flashes leave it and go for a coffee about one forty minutes to an hour for sure.
second the installation finish and didn't prompt me for a restart, i face a yellow failed. don't worry it works. (i made a lot a lot installations before this post).
in first situation just press the power button to force close the lappy and boot with EmpireEFI_V1085_R2
in second situation just follow the prompt and again boot with EmpireEFI_V1085_R2.
in both situations after you boot with your empire efi cd you will see in the F5 prompt screen the name of your snowleo partition. press the icon and boot with enter. finnish the boring information and welcome screen.
put all the drivers first install the myHack_Installer_1.0.1 and select Custom then com.apple.plist , GraphicsEnabler EvOreboot, IONetworking, LegacyAppleRTC (till someone make the perfect dsdt.aml file and give it to me too i can't ), NullCPUPowerManagemt, SleepEnabler (till the dsdt.aml i don't think will someone sleep this Lappy…) the then copy the content of the folder in System/Library/Extensions then copy the content of the folder in Extra and replace ALL . The Last think is to use Kext Utility… let it finnish and make the reboot it probably give you a kernel panic don't worry just turn the lappy from the key (hold 4 sec the power key). it did to me once with the power AC in and once only with the battery (i think it has to be the voodoobattery.kext), but its ok…
and the magic gift the internal mic WORKS like a charm … by nikkpap for all of you… the only think you need its to take a broadloom bcm4321 Airport native i toke one from e-bay for 18 usd …. omg and i put it in the other pci -e slot cause the first one it opens with the drivers from the key and in real macs you don't have this option … if anyone know how to do it just post it and finally i read in the net that you need to cover the 20 pin in the card to play in the primary slot … i don't know from where to start the count ahhahahahahaha

Thanks you ALL my first Project back to 2007-08 was an ASUS DH Deluxe with Intel4core 3,3 GHz over-clocked, 4GB 800 RAM Kingston Hype X, Nvidia 8600GT 512MB, SoundBlaster Extigy, HDD x2 WesterDigital 500 GB Monitor LG Wide 21" x2, and Webcam Logitech Skype Edition. Everything was working smooth and nice with Leo. Now after 3 years i make this Project with the future in front for a success to the Intel D94DFX2 mobo (i only can success with Leo) wait for my new post thanks again.
(I don't make the hacks i only read and find them in the net. Thank all the Gurus and Developers again).

Most of the essential stuff is being taken care by myHack Installer which installs Chameleon (boot loader) and as well as other kexts.
these are optional stuff basically its needed by some of us who wants to get Power Management , Sound Support , Battery indicator and other stuff.

http://rapidshare.com/files/38917776...0G_SnowLeo.zip
Old 05-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Cheetah

if i dont get reply's i think they will delete my post ... its a pitty!!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Cheetah

Old 05-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Puma

Good tutorial. Too bad I don't have an acer laptop. I have a toshiba satellite a305-s6872. You know how to get snow to work for that and put it on external hard drive
Old 05-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Cheetah

@Mets08123 : mate thank you for your replay... but i don't know even your spec's you can try my Guide till the my hack i believe it will work on a core2duo then you have to search for your driver's aka kext's (kernel - extensions). you will face a lot of kernel panic's it's normal just do the change's-mod's-installation's one by one and if you can't boot... then boot with the Empire EFI. this for you to start. Welcome !!!.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Cheetah

@nikkpap

i have a acer 6920g and following your instructions i keep getting "still waiting for root device"

please help.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Cheetah

@drchem
put SATA mode in AHCI in BIOS setting's and try again...
Old 07-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Cheetah

Hi

I have an acer aspire 6920 and have been wanting to put mac 10.6 on it for ages, but didn't thing the wireless card would work.

I'll give your guide a read through and try it later and let you know how I get on.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Cheetah

Right I've installed it and now I'm getting unable to find driver for this platform acpi panic error and no idea how to solve this!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Cheetah

I've tried as much as I can but cant get it to work don't understand what I'm doing wrong!

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.