InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 08-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Connactic View Post
Are you really sure of it, Gabriela?

Do you use the stock Finder, or the DP2 Finder instead? Have you tried parallels desktop 7? And the new Xcode, does it work without issues? These are 64-bit apps which should not run by any means on your CPU, since it doesn't support ssse3.

If you made these apps above to work with a Phenom 965 x4, you made a breakthrough discovery and should share your methods...
Just follow what gils is talking about... and your problems will be done!

Yes i use DP2 Finder... i'll test the finder of 10.7.4 later in 64 bit mode in my own custom kernel later i'll post the screen shots if then works
Old 08-28-2012, 05:13 AM
Jaguar

My system already works like a charm, Gabriela!

In 32 bit, like yours. No original Finder, no latest Xcode, no Parallels7 (but i have a workaround to make P6 work in Lion, then this issue is solved as much is i'm concerned).
Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Cheetah

Quote:

In 32 bit, like yours. No original Finder, no latest Xcode, no Parallels7 (but i have a workaround to make P6 work in Lion, then this issue is solved as much is i'm concerned).
Is Adobe Photoshop CS6 & illustrator CS6 work?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Jaguar

No, they don't, since the adobe cs6 installer itself needs to run at 64-bit some time after it starts. To have cs6, stock finder and other 64-bit apps running, you'll need either an intel or a bulldozer (fx-series) amd system.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Jaguar

Quote:

Hi, how did you able to make it work? I been trying this for a while and re-installed atleast 6times because when i try to do as per rawr instruction of patching, my computer would be in kernel panic. I was able to replace the kernel but to make the 32bit apps work, no success. Please help..
Old 08-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Jaguar

I'm not sure if i understand this patching thing altogether. I'll tell you though how i get where i am right now:

1) Installed Snow Leo Hazard 10.6.2 sse2 sse3, then installed Lion in another HD using devout's method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=278181 (used moderate method);

2) Downloaded 10.7.4 combo update from apple, ran it and changed the kernel before rebooting pretty much like the previous installation, this time using RAW's kernel from first page of this thread;

3) Had the infamous permissions bug, that kept me from everyday tasks like installing programs. Solved it using another kernel from RAW (look for it at this thread);

4) Still had copy and paste issues. To solve this, a) started to use Path Finder app and b) used bronzovka instructions (attention: just the instructions, not the kernel) from this topic: http://www.osx86.net/view/2723-amd_k...or_10.7.4.html
I don't if a), b) or the combination of both is the winner, but the copy and paste issues disappear;

5) I thought these instructions of bronzovka would solve the issue that keeps the core apps from opening x minutes after the startup (so i have to open them all just after logging in or forgetting about them at all) but it doesn't happen. Maybe that is the only dent at the 32-bit perfection of my Lion system.

Hope that helps!
Best regards.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:23 AM
Panther

Are the instructions one of the mods/owners of InfiniteMac sent me back in 04-14-2012 the most recent instructions or have they came up with easier ways to install Lion onto Amd Phenom IIx4 965? His instructions was to be on Hackintosh Snow Leopard and edit a DMG iATKOS L2 DMG file with updating its content to be more compatible with AMDs. I got kind of confused and I have messed up several times following his guide. Does anyone happen to have a video guide? I can't screw up a video guide or can I?

It sucks that ever since my gtx 470 died I can't run snow leopard at 1920x1200 resolution, because I was satisfied with Snow Leopard. But now I'm forced to find a way to get Lion to work with my rig because I believe Lion has support for gtx 570?

Specs:

Amd Phenom II x4 965 3.4ghz
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Gigabyte GTX 570
4 gigs ddr3 ram
Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 AM
Jaguar

Oh, that's really pretty tough specially because i still need another hd for the process which i dont really have one at the moment. Second is that, getting a copy of mac os x distro is quite really hard for me because that's ussually 5gb+- to download and i can't find any direct download link for it (like Mediafire), just all torrent which is really slow. But i manage to have this Niresh ditro which is 10.7.3 and I can make it work no sweat for 18 minutes and with everything just fine OOTB (sounds, lan, display), copy/paste and finder are also not an issue.

What really keeps my win7 at the moment is that i cant make it work with 32bit apps like mac office. Ive already quit from installing the update to 10.7.4 in which i really sweat for almost a week re-installing over and over again because I cant really make it work so i just decided to install xcode 4.3 which is the main reason getting that said update.

So, I would really be sticking to mac osx if i could just make this work with 32bit apps because everytime I try those sets of instruction posted here including

Quote:
sudo -s
amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/dyld /usr/lib/dyld_patched
cp /usr/lib/dyld_patched /usr/lib/dyld
amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib_patched
cp /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib_patched /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib
update_dyld_shared_cache
would freeze my system and goes kernel panic.

Sir RAWR, what do i missed why i keep getting this same result over and over or shall i really need to have a working 10.7.4 update to use this?
Old 08-31-2012, 07:59 AM
Panther

I believe Jhusly and I have same problem. That is why I'm going to erase both my two harddrives with DBAN. Than I'm going to set up Snow Leopard on one of my harddrives and try the method of getting Lion to install on the other harddrive. If I successfully do this, I will than erase only my snow leopard harddrive than I will install Windows 7 again. If Lion disappears when I install Windows 7 on the other harddrive that I erased Snow Leopard off I will use EasyBCD and use that as a dual boot program. I hope I conquered the unconquerable and have solved my issues. Right now I'm backing stuff up on Windows on one of my ext harddrives.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhusly View Post
Oh, that's really pretty tough specially because i still need another hd for the process which i dont really have one at the moment. Second is that, getting a copy of mac os x distro is quite really hard for me because that's ussually 5gb+- to download and i can't find any direct download link for it (like Mediafire), just all torrent which is really slow. But i manage to have this Niresh ditro which is 10.7.3 and I can make it work no sweat for 18 minutes and with everything just fine OOTB (sounds, lan, display), copy/paste and finder are also not an issue.

What really keeps my win7 at the moment is that i cant make it work with 32bit apps like mac office. Ive already quit from installing the update to 10.7.4 in which i really sweat for almost a week re-installing over and over again because I cant really make it work so i just decided to install xcode 4.3 which is the main reason getting that said update.

So, I would really be sticking to mac osx if i could just make this work with 32bit apps because everytime I try those sets of instruction posted here including

would freeze my system and goes kernel panic.

Sir RAWR, what do i missed why i keep getting this same result over and over or shall i really need to have a working 10.7.4 update to use this?

Hi,

What kind of processor you have? for me it works very well.
you to do is the best facility for retail as Intel installation methods.

RAWX86 command is only valid for FX procs which is activate the 32/64 bit at the same time.

The rest I started a tutorial for installing 10.7.4 retail + SHIFT.

http://hack-my-mac.fr/index.php/foru...amd-en-travaux

http://hack-my-mac.fr/index.php/foru...vec-kernel-amd

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

Macmini early 2006 /blanGsak 10.7.2
Acer 8930 G / core2duo T6500 / NV 9600 GS m / Lion 10.7.3 / ML 10.8.2 / w7/8
Asus M5A97pro / FX 8350 / Asus HD 7950 CUII v2
GA-78LMT SP2 / FX 6100 / P x4 960t / Sapphire HD 4850 1024
MSI K9neo v1 / Atlon 4800+/ Gigabyte HD 5450 512
test kernel 12.0 AMD

Tuto : http://www.hack-my-mac.fr/index.php/...fx-buldo#28896

CG opérationnelle : HD 5450 512 / HD 4850 1 / GT 610