InfiniteMac OSx86  
Old 11-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Jaguar

I know this may sound dumb, but its been awhile since my last hackintosh. I will need to use the kext utility to install all the kext's from the extra folder....I just can't copy and paste can I...

Things are ready to go, I just need to find some time!

Cheers

Ryan
Old 11-15-2009, 03:56 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGGG View Post
I will need to use the kext utility to install all the kext's from the extra folder....I just can't copy and paste can I...
Yes, you can't just copy and paste the files in the Extensions folder. Ownership and Permissions on the file need to be updated.

If you do copy and paste: make sure that you use the Kext Utility. It will take care of updating these above, and also update the Extensions.mkext also; which is very important if you are using Chameleon 2.

And keep us posted!

Before you use the Kexts from flip360, make sure that you have 10.6.2. I found that out the hard way
Old 11-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Jaguar

Well, I'm running into some issues.

The Chameleon boot loader works fine, and it starts to boot osx. At first I was getting a KP, No HPETS available, incorrect cpumanagement. No Big sweat, I added this kext: http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/pre-i...post34694.html

It seems to get past that now, and starts to load everything else. I can see some Nvidia stuff flashing by, hard drives, even the mac address of the ethernet, and that's where it all goes wrong...

The last line of code I get is something to the effect of "Could not intialize UIM:Timed Out"

After that, it just sits there, no activity at all.

It's gotta be close to working correctly. I should note, that this is a slightly different version of the k50. Its the K60IN, same parts minus the cpu and screen (Intel T4300).

I think it may have to do with AHCI (From what I can read online), so I am going to try a few kexts for that!

Keep you posted!

Ryan
Old 11-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Jaguar

Heya,

Still no luck with any of the ahci stuff. I am going to try installing it without the graphics enabler. Maybe that is the root of my problem. It hangs just after declaring the modem and ip/mac address.

See my photo here:
Old 11-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Jaguar

Quick Update:

I formatted my drive again, and changed NVEnabler to No, and it does boot to the installer now. Funny because I know this is the same gpu chipset as the K50IN.....Installing now, I will keep you up to date!

Edit: Looks like the installer is running in either 1024x768 or 1280x768...its stretched, but not horribly bad....Trackpad also doesn't work, but that looks fixable after install. Main thing I'm worried about is graphics!!!

Ryan

Last edited by RGGG; 11-15-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGGG View Post
Quick Update:

I formatted my drive again, and changed NVEnabler to No, and it does boot to the installer now. Funny because I know this is the same gpu chipset as the K50IN.....Installing now, I will keep you up to date!

Edit: Looks like the installer is running in either 1024x768 or 1280x768...its stretched, but not horribly bad....Trackpad also doesn't work, but that looks fixable after install. Main thing I'm worried about is graphics!!!

Ryan
Just a quick question: are you using a patched DSDT? I seem to have this timeout thing and so I tried with an old iPC 10.5.6 (which I heavily used to do the whole installation because it boots with kernel parameter cpus=1 -x -v) to create the DSDT.

Then I have patched it into another Hack computer running 10.5.8. Note that you must find a way to get the DSDT from the computer on which you plan to use the Hack.

I just read today, that it is possible to get the DSDT using a Linux system. For my case, as I have not been aware of that thing before; I have actually been doing things the hard way because I had to make use of the old iPC DVD all the time, and it takes ages to boot up. But I got it installed though.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Jaguar

At this time, my Hack is currently usable. The last things that remains to be solved are:
1. Sound; still not working. I'm currently using a USB Sound from Behringer (from my UMX61 master keyboard which also is working fine in 10.6.2 and MainStage from Logic Studio 2.0)
2. Battery indicator. I have used the VoodooBattery from flip360 and it seems to work, but it is not accurate and is very silly on my system. It displays 100% of battery but when the AC Adaptor is removed, then it goes directly to 10% which is not right because the battery is sure to be still full.

flip360, do you have this same issue with yours? It would be great if you could share what you did to solve your problem.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Jaguar

I used my MSI Wind running leopard to generate the installer usb. It created a dsdt, but it was particular to my Wind, so I deleted it, booted up the installer on my K60IN, and ran the installer script again to generate a new dsdt.

One thing I am a wee bit concerned about is the dsdt. Before i deleted the old dsdt, it reset my bios to stock settings, but I hope that was only because of the wrong dsdt on the laptop. (MSI Wind DSDT on a Asus K60IN)

Have you tried making NVEnabler set to No? I got that time out every time with it Enabled, disabled it works fine!

Okay, its up and working, gotta fix graphics, touchpad, etc. Interestingly, the camera works, but is upside down!!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Jaguar

Can anyone help me with nvenabler?

This was disabled in Chameleon loader (to get it to boot) and now I'm wondering how to go about installing the kext and getting correct resoultion qe etc...
Old 11-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Jaguar

Okay, got NVEnabler to work just fine, same with PS2 and Battery (Mine shows 9 percent if I unplug the AC......not a concern since I almost always have it plugged in)

Tried Sleep enabler from the extras folder to no avail, caused a KP and wouldn't boot, even in safe mode. Can anyone help me in disabling sleep alltogether. I remember you could disable sleep on the Acer Aspire One on OSX (I think with a kext) but I can't remember!

All I need now is a nice USB sound card, and I'm set!!

Thanks!

Ryan

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.